Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Invading4fun
SlakeMoth
BartholomewWenceslas
Serious_Much
DxV04
Tolvo
Yarxov
skarekrow13
BLA1NE
ARSP
Rynn
Deadpool
16 posters

Thats not very nice

Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Thats not very nice Empty Thats not very nice

Post by Deadpool Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Today I was summoned to help a few people get pass some bosses. After getting the Boss down to less than two bars of health, the host sends me home. Thats happend four times today. I find that to be......bothersome lol
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Thats not very nice Empty Re: Thats not very nice

Post by Rynn Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:59 pm

That is a new form of douchebaggery I've never seen before...
    Is it Smough and Ornstein? Maybe you're killing the wrong one.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Yeah they like to black crystal their phantoms so they can keep extra souls those people are low if I help you kill O&S I deserve a cut. That happened to me once It was against o&s before I finished him off the host black crystalled me the kicker I placed another summon sign and he had the audacity to summon me again. I BC'd Immediately
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Twice at iron golem, once at gwyn, and twice at Nito.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Post-patch, the host gets the same amount of souls with phantoms as he does solo, doesn't he? No reason to send a phantom home.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:44 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Post-patch, the host gets the same amount of souls with phantoms as he does solo, doesn't he? No reason to send a phantom home.

Yes sir, you are correct
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 pm

They may not know that or they may just enjoy griefing luckily in my case the douchebag who BC'd me died (he couldn't finish the Job on Ornsteing serves him right)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 pm

They probably record the last part of the fight to show their friends how awexome they are
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Maybe but the guy who summoned me sucked. O had on one sub bar of health left and out of all his health and I did most of the damage (at least 85%) the host was just sitting there admiring my handiwork as I was killing O then he BC'd me then he died
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Did you send them messages to ask why they crystalled you out?

I would have, for sure. Although most of the people I ever co-op with now are people I invaded first and who I offered to help after I'd killed them... So if I got crystalled out, I'd understand why!

But if you were summoned by a complete random, then I see no reason why he should send you home. I would send a message and ask.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:34 pm

When i asked two different people i basically got the same answer which was " your here to help right? well you helped now stop complaining you four year old."

That was from the first. The second basically said the same thing except it was an essay.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:58 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Did you send them messages to ask why they crystalled you out?

I would have, for sure. Although most of the people I ever co-op with now are people I invaded first and who I offered to help after I'd killed them... So if I got crystalled out, I'd understand why!

But if you were summoned by a complete random, then I see no reason why he should send you home. I would send a message and ask.
    I do that a lot too. To not insult them I wait to see if I invade them more than once and see their progress, and I look at their weaponry. If they are hitting my for 1/10 my health (With light armor and 20 vit) then I usually give them something (slightly) better. Same goes for any Drake Swords I see.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:06 pm

^Unless they ask to summon me, I don't help them directly. I do try not to hinder their progress further, though. Most of the time, I'll crystal out if I've already invaded and killed some newbie.

Deadpool wrote:When i asked two different people i basically got the same answer which was " your here to help right? well you helped now stop complaining you four year old."

That was from the first. The second basically said the same thing except it was an essay.
    Now that's just downright rude. If I was doing it for the souls, I would explain that to them--and be very rude in how I explained it, too. I can't believe some people expect to be carried through Dark Souls by phantoms, and they have the nerve to be ungrateful assholes on top of it. Like you're supposed to be grateful to them for the privilege of having helped them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:13 pm

I've done this once, but only once against O&S because I wanted Super Ornstein, and they killed Ornstein immediately even though I was fighting Smough as was the other phantom who picked up on my wanting to kill him first. Other than that fight, or a fight with a boss that has a tail to cut I just don't get why people would do this other than to grief. I've only had this happen to me a few times, and only one responded when I asked about it.

"Sorry man, but I want the trophy for doing this solo."

I got a message moments later.

"Sorry about that, so it turns out there isn't a trophy for doing that boss solo."

Look Skyward
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:24 pm

lol "trophy for doing this solo"! The guy basically said "I'm too cowardly to fight the boss by myself, and I'm not above summoning someone to do it for me and send him away to cheat my way to the reward." That's one of the lowest things I've read of a player doing.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Damn I am reading this and I am sickened by how rude these people were to you deadpool. Too bad we can't but a bounty out for them.

I hope they get perma gravelorded.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:32 pm

I've always felt like I should be able to Indict hosts haha. Though that would be one abused as hell mechanic.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm

You think?

Judging by how often (read: rarely!) I get indicted as a phantom, I don't think indicting a host would be abused.

And I definitely do think there should be some way of punishing bad hosts. Someone who sends you home to get a (nonexistent) trophy you did all the work for, or just generally hosts who rely on the phantoms to hold their hand through the whole level, should be hindered in some way.

Honestly it's stories like these that make me feel justified as an invader. Especially since my main target is the phantoms, anyways! I'll kill a newb once, but I'll crystal out if I invade him again... after I've killed all his phantoms if he had any, that is! I've often invade players, let them summon phantom after phantom, killed them all in turn, then let the host live. Not that I have a vendetta against phantoms, it's just that I feel strongly that Dark Souls isn't meant to be a guided tour.

Last edited by BLA1NE on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:47 pm

It was four kings as well, and I did do most of the work. I wish I could have indicted that guy. Or just killed him myself so he'd have to do the fight again.

Prostration
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:50 pm

lol its quite alright gentleman/ladies. Irritating is the only thing i can say about it. Listen to this!

ok i just black crystaled out of this guy's world because we went into the boss area and he went to a corner and watched me fight his boss. When i realized he wasnt helping i lured the boss over to him and kept getting the boss by him. So he kicks me out and about 5 mins later he messages me and says you were supposed to kill him you beep beep beep ( bad bad words). I said im here to help you, not beat your game for you. Then he sent me two essays of how i was.......... I cant say the words but basically just a down right rude individual. I just told him to have a nice day to his remarks and blocked him. I beat the game and now love this game so much that all i do is co op and help people and this is how people treat help? I believe this act of black crystaling people is sparking cause its happening frequently, to frequently.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:53 pm

To be fair, I message guys if they send me home. I don't give two *** if the other guy doesn't help, frankly I'm good enough to do them solo anyway so it doesn't bother me.

But if the guy thinks he can crystal me out after i do the goddam level for him while he's staring at the sky, im gonna tell him how i feel about it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Deadpool wrote:lol its quite alright gentleman/ladies. Irritating is the only thing i can say about it. Listen to this!

ok i just black crystaled out of this guy's world because we went into the boss area and he went to a corner and watched me fight his boss. When i realized he wasnt helping i lured the boss over to him and kept getting the boss by him. So he kicks me out and about 5 mins later he messages me and says you were supposed to kill him you beep beep beep ( bad bad words). I said im here to help you, not beat your game for you. Then he sent me two essays of how i was.......... I cant say the words but basically just a down right rude individual. I just told him to have a nice day to his remarks and blocked him. I beat the game and now love this game so much that all i do is co op and help people and this is how people treat help? I believe this act of black crystaling people is sparking cause its happening frequently, to frequently.
    Yes, yessss... Come, come over to the Dark Side...

Thats not very nice 3378427106

Beckon

twisted
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:15 pm

This can also kind of work in reverse. I had one time where I summoned a phantom to help me beat the Iron Golem and he just stood outside the fog wall while I had to solo the boss. Basically, he got 20k souls for doing nothing... True I could have BCed him out, but I was kind of busy fighting...
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:41 pm

The only time I have ever stayed behind the fog wall was for the Iron Golem. But, I DPSed by going where the Bomber Giant was and sniped the golem, Compbow Rate of Fire and ~150+ Damage per hit is rather useful if I do say so myself.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:55 am

BLA1NE wrote:
    Deadpool wrote:lol its quite alright gentleman/ladies. Irritating is the only thing i can say about it. Listen to this!

Yes, yessss... Come, come over to the Dark Side...

Thats not very nice 3378427106

Beckon

twisted

Yes! Come to the dark side friend :cyclops:

Beckon Thats not very nice 3022602407

The Gravelord army is always looking for new members.

(good one Bla1ne)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:39 am