Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
FruitPunchNinja
Railage
RANT
Imarreteet23
Forum Pirate
9 posters

I no longer feel sorry for forest hunters

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I no longer feel sorry for forest hunters Empty I no longer feel sorry for forest hunters

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:21 pm

I've been hosting there for 2 hours. You know how many times the second invader has waited for the fight to end? 2. This is a common theme whenever i host in the forest.

As a whole, you have become what you despise rather than rising above it.

I know there are exceptions, but as i see it, hosts are justified in having a white while hosting so its not a 1v2 all the time. The farmers still arn't justified but neither are the hunters.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I no longer feel sorry for forest hunters Empty Re: I no longer feel sorry for forest hunters

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Oh god, this thread isn't going to turn out well.

Anywho, I am a FH, and I can sympathise with you. I have invaded alongside a fair few chain bs'ers and WoG spammers, and you have every right to complain.

But. Please, don't post it on the forums. I understand that you are angry, but posting it will only acomplish in hurting feelings and making more people angry.

Bow

Last edited by Imarreteet23 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

I no longer feel sorry for forest hunters Empty Re: I no longer feel sorry for forest hunters

Post by RANT Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 pm

i think it's because the hunters have been screwed over by people that seem to be hosting and then they gen bs'd to death. i have a faith build i made just for the forest with 50 faith, she uses crown of dusk and ring of the first born with twop and wog.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:37 pm

I enjoy hosting solo in the Forest.

Usually the Forest Hunters are bad, so getting 2v1ed can be really amusing.

The talented people 1v1 me the majority of the time.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:55 pm

its the exact same in dark anor londo. all the dark moons who invade there get ganked most the time so they gank hosts who are solo pretty much every time. darkmoon is by far my most hated covenant.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:58 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:its the exact same in dark anor londo. all the dark moons who invade there get ganked most the time so they gank hosts who are solo pretty much every time. darkmoon is by far my most hated covenant.

the reson i hate them is because theyre al scared to get invaded so they only invade while hollow, im talking about the kiln and pw.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:04 am

I wasn't hating on hunters. Just to be clear, and I've met many honorable hunters.

But responding to gankings I didn't commit by ganking me is neither constructive, nor does it inspire sympathy.

Cite "shell shock" all you like, treat others how you wish to be treated, or you risk falling to their level.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 am

Dark Souls is like life guys. Almost everyone you meet is a d-bag. It doesn't matter what covenant they're in or where you invade/host you're mostly going to find a bunch of unscrupulous idiots. That's what makes it special when you find a good duel. Keep in mind that, from what I've seen, most of the people on this forum are honorable fighters. You will also find a lot of honorable randoms in every area. There isn't any single covenant that's full of honorable people. Rather there are just a few honorable people in each covenant. Relish the good battles that you have and let the rest fall to the wayside. You'll enjoy yourself more. Just my unsolicited two cents.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 am

Yog basically hit the hammer on the head.

Also, I heard this on a thread similar to this (I'm paraphrasing btw) "When one fights monsters, he must make sure that he himself dosen't become a monster."

Somthing that all Forest Hunters should heed.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:44 am

what about non pvp covanents like chos servents? actually its hard to tell whos a member.... nvm

any way what i do now is just close the forest off as soon as i reach lvl 40, summon a phantom and head for sif, the last time i did this... i ended up with two 1vs1's with me and my phantom each duelling a hunter... then another two invade and we end up at a mexican standoff with every one poised to strike...until one hunter begins comboing getsure into a dance, after some dancing on my part i headed to sif and waved good bye to the hunters b4 entering the door.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:28 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:darkmoon is by far my most hated covenant.
    I'd be a fool to think members of any covenant are generally worse than members of another. There are good people and there are bad in every covenant, probably in roughly the same proportion. That being said, I do hate the Darkmoon covenant. Notice I didn't say "I hate Darkmoon Covenant members". I hate the Darkmoon covenant because of the game mechanics. They invade down (I've been invaded by Darkmoons twice my level too often now to think it's a rare occurrence), and on top of that they get access to the strongest weapon buffing spell in the game. Not to mention their invasion criteria ("sin") are completely broken.

There are few things I'd change about Dark Souls, and that covenant is definitely one of them.
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:its the exact same in dark anor londo. all the dark moons who invade there get ganked most the time so they gank hosts who are solo pretty much every time. darkmoon is by far my most hated covenant.

the reson i hate them is because theyre al scared to get invaded so they only invade while hollow, im talking about the kiln and pw.

ow, my feelings

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 pm