Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
dirkdeadeye
callipygias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Delvanoc
Tolvo
Maneater_Mildred
Yog
Kirk-Barb
12 posters

Forest Hunters You Win

Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Forest Hunters You Win Empty Forest Hunters You Win

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:34 pm

It's my first play through. I have been attempting to play through each area online and alive. I made it through the Burg, Parish, and even the Depths. Blighttown was a breeze as I never got invaded once. But Darkroot Forest was a whole different matter. My goal was simple. Find the magic amber so I could have a magic weapon made.

I played for two hours and went through over 30 humanities and couldn't find anything in the area except for death. Finally I gave up and went through the area hollow and found everything and killed all the forest creatures on the first go round.

I then decided I could at least get from the stairs to the werecat, not hollow, to join the hunters. It took me 5 tries and on the 6th try I made it because I didn't get invaded. I spoke with the werecat, and she accepted me into her covenent. (Obviously she was not watching my preformance in her forest.) I then talked to her a second time to see what else she had to say and while we spoke a darkwraith invaded me and I was killed on my way back to the stairs.

So now I'm a member of the Forest Hunters....yipeee. As a reward for all my humiliation and frustration the werecat gave to me a ring of suicide. Go figure!?
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Forest Hunters You Win Empty Re: Forest Hunters You Win

Post by Yog Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Welcome to the forest hunters sir. If you want to do some forest pvp check out the thread "For the Glory of Alvina" in the covenant section of the forum. It's an excellent resource for forest hunting tactics. May you have better luck with pvp in the future.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Lol thats a epic tale. Respect for keeping at it. Bow

Lmao at ring of suicide! Took me afew seconds to work it out. :|

+1
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:39 pm

You know what they say.. if you can't beat them , join them. Well something tells me it aint no picnic on the other team and I'm in for many hours of playing before I earn a ring of fog. Well at least I won't lose any humanity.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:42 pm

You might want to brush up on 1v3 PvP, the thread that was mentioned will help out. It's in my signature as well.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Tolvo: I have seen and read most of those very helpful posts. I shall keep it all in mind as I strive to do justice to my membership. However, knowledge and implementation of said knowledge are two different things. I'm sure I'm about to be schooled in the ways of pvp the hard way.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:33 pm

It's just that age old idea of practice makes perfect. At first you'll feel like you're trying to punch through a brick wall, but eventually your hands will turn to stone and start to deal some damage. big grin
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Tolvo: Ha! Tell that to my +10 Blader's Side Sword. 90% of the time I'm fighting a darkwraith I think I forgot and left the safety on. :face:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:42 pm

You should get that to a +14 BSS and buff it if you really want to deal some damage. silly
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Tolvo: Yessss... I'm working on that. Let me check my list.. Kill Gaping Dragon, Ring second bell, make my way through Sens, Painted World, then some place else to get some item to give to Frampt?? so I can drain a pond in New Londo to reach the Extra large Ember on my way to some other place after that.... probably hell.

I'm thinking it's going to be awhile before I see a +14 weapon. I can now make a magic weapon, so I'll try that and see what does better... but my Int is pretty low so I'm not holding out a lot of hope. So for now I'll just have to make do with what I have and a lot of fancy footwork. big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:52 pm

For high int, Magic/Enchant. For high Faith, Divine/occult. For low stats, Elemental. For high stats, +14/15. For High Stats plus Faith or Int, +14/15 with a buff. You can also use resins to buff your weapon for extra damage. Dom sells two, and the female undead merchant sells fire and poison. big grin
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:17 pm

There is a faster option to acquire the large ember for +15 weapons, but it would be a spoiler. And would hate to ruin your first playthrough. happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Come now Zeplin, let's not be Naughty. winking
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:17 pm

But its so fun to be naughty!
    But yeah, thats why I didnt say it or even come close.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks guys. I'm trying real hard to figure the game out as I go. I do cheat a little and check up on what I need to improve on my equipment and what area I might find it. So I knew what area I would find the magic ember, but not exactly where. I thought the butterfly would have had it..... but nooooo....

Tolvo: How about a guy with with high dex/end. But end still not high enough he can dump his chain for a knight's coat. I'm thinking elemental. I do have fire resin. I like fire. But I'm still working on when to buff. Too soon and it has little effect. Too late and you're dead.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:59 pm

High dex? If you are going high dex, the normal upgrade with buff is my suggestion. Grab a good katana and upgrade normal and buff the blade with resin. It will scale better with your dex (depending completely on how high your dex is to other stats. I.e. int or faith)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:48 am

A rapier, Estoc, Katana, and any curved sword/weapon would be pretty good. You can get the scaling, then use the Charcoal buff to deal damage. And if you want you can use the poison resin to pressure people, making them a bit more prone to mistakes. Always buff before getting close to a target.

Unless you are going Int, I wouldn't make magic or enchanted weapons.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:40 am

if you want fire elemental weapons you'll probably want to make a divine weapon to traverse the area the fire blk smith is in, do NOT make you're bss elemnal though, that thing has really nice scaling and elemntal paths remove scaling.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:32 am

Zepplinmetal: A katana... I have one of those I found in Blightown, but I have never tried it out as it didn't seem to do as much damage as my Balder's Side Sword. I'll get it out of storage and give it another go.

Tolvo: A curved sword. I tried a scimitar, but didn't like the reach. I do have a falcion now, maybe I'll give it a look. I do like the Estoc, in fact it was used in my only victory... or sort of victory against a darkwraith. Sort of, because he was naked with a medium shield and unmodified knife. I think of it as a practice session that I passed the test on. I stopped using it when I got the Balder's Side Sword as it did more damage. But the reach and movement of the Estoc is pretty cool. I'll get it out again, bring it up to +10 and try it in the Forest. My Int is 16. My Dex is 30. I made a +5 magic weapon out of an extra balder's side sword and it was much weaker than my +10.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard: The fire smith is in New Londo??? I tried my hand against the ghosts using my balders sword and the cursed hands and they died pretty easily. I didn't go in very far though, just enough to get the fire keeper soul. So you're saying there is something else in there that needs a divine weapon. Well I have an extra Balders Sword. Of course I don't believe I have much if any red titanite. Maybe the fire smith will sell it, but probably not.

And for the record I'm done with the darkroot forest until a later time, except for maybe testing weapons. I got the ring of fog, but without a single victory. My first was an assist of another hunter who was fighting against two. I simply distracted the helper so he could fight the host without interference. I almost died doing so, but I held on just long enough for him to kill the host. My second not victory was me invading just in time to see the words that the host had just been killed. Embarrassing. And the Werecat rewarded me with the fog ring for that. For the rest of the two hours I was smacked around like a ping pong ball. The worst was I fought this pyromancer who simply charged me and used a flame thrower on me, even though I was stabbing her in the chest liberally. I fought her three times and everytime she completly ignored my sword and burned me to ash. You would have thought the damage I did to her would disrupt the spell, but it didn't.

After getting the ring I summoned a helper to fight Siff, but a darkwraith came in right after he arrived. I sprinted for the Boss gate and my helper died so I could make it. Funny how the boss fights seem so much easier after two hours of losing pvp.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:39 pm

no, the fire black smith is not in new londo, divine weapons don't hurt the ghosts there (go figure) they do however prevent a certain type of enemy from reviving indefinately, (check the back of firelink shrine, the ones just outside the area die normally but the ones inside require divine weapons) mind you the blacksmith is in a rather obscure location at the bottom of a pit.... also the basic fire upgrade path requires green titianite at first then red for +6 and up, also for whatever weapon you make divine, i'd suggest a strike damage weapon. you'll see why if you experiment a little on the enemies in question.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard: Ok.. smith not in New Londo. I checked the back of Firelink and found nothing. So that leaves the cemetary.... shudder.... and those damn skeletons. I hate those skeletons. I must have missed something when I sprinted/died my way around collecting the shiny treasure. I haven't been back since. I should have known I would have to eventually. The only weapon I have that does strike damage is a big club that is too heavy to use. Instead how about my gargoyle halberd and/or gargoyle axe?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:46 pm

axes and halberd work, and yes its the skeletons you need divine weapons for, a bit further into the grave yard you'll find stairs into the skeletons area, they revive indefinately unless slain with divine weaponry in there so... the reason i said to use strike weapons is because their r1 attacks dismantle the skeletons down to their pelvis allowing for you to get more hits in where as most weapons need to use their r2 move to do that, axes work the same as clubs in this case, also you could buy a club from the merchant in the taurus demons area (undead burg) to make divine. the catacombs suck the first time you go there so... you may want to look up a youtube guide to find the blacksmith
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Sparkly-Twinkly-Lizard: Thanks for the advise. I'm now looking forward to the catacombs, because I play this game so I can have a little suckeeness in my life.:drunken:
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 pm

No offense, but I kind of hope your troubles continue (not really), because your posts are very fun to read. Great way with words. Success just isn't usually as funny.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 am

Thanks Callipygias...... I think!? big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 am