Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 32 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by EmoElmos Wed May 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Hey guys, a tactic I found that works well for int builds in duels or 1v2s is to cast acid surge and stand in the middle of the cloud and fire spells away. They normally are to worried to go into the cloud of acid, and they can't see you as you cast the spells, good for at least one hit with a spell.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 23, 2012 11:38 pm

That same tactic works with GCF's lava and smoke. The flash + the fx make it hard to discern where you are, and what's best is landing it just in front of them. From there you can rush through the lava and get a running hit or a bunch of spear pokes and then retreat. I love staggering them with the initial hit and then keeping them locked down so the lava deals the finishing blow.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 24, 2012 12:45 am

Cast a tempest in the middle of anything that obscures sight and people will never get anywhere close to you again.
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Thu May 24, 2012 2:55 am

Poison mist works surprisingly well as a smoke screen for the tempest. I've had great results just today with it.

Balder Straight Sword is working wonders. It takes so little stamina to swing and it's really fast too. I do miss my flying double jab with the rapier though...
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Thu May 24, 2012 3:17 am

Elite Cleric Stuffs

Oh just after I wrote that the poison mist works so well... I went to the burg to refill on some lloyd's talismans and dropped a red sign for one pvp match. Pyromancer with 8 slots of poison mists, tempests and fire surges just goes buck wild. I started doing it myself, so there was fire and purple mist everywhere. Of course the outcome was I died. haha
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu May 24, 2012 4:16 pm

Sorry to reference something a page back, but yeah I would say scaring a forest hunter off a cliff is a legitimate kill... mainly because I find myself falling off there during invasions about 3-5% of the time. :oops:
    as for poison mist obscuring its great big grin only tends to work once per opponent though I personally use it in conjunction with MLGS 1h energy blast.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 24, 2012 5:00 pm

I can see that working well in conjuction with a silent spell. Incidentally, does the Slumbering DCR remove all noises from your character?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu May 24, 2012 5:32 pm

It does but there isn't a point since dark spirits are silent anyway. Only the host makes any sort of noise, which comes in handy for knowing when a fog ring'd host is going for your ***.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 24, 2012 5:34 pm

I mean if it muffles spell noise as well. There is a very distinct noise that warns people away from you when you cast an AoE spell.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 25, 2012 2:10 am

Heading to bed but have some exciting (kinda) things to share. man I'm a tease
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 25, 2012 6:29 am

http://tinyurl.com/6t8e2vs
    Anti Ganking build. You can kill a BKGA char before they get the second swing off. I've been darkmooning in the forest with it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri May 25, 2012 6:52 am

Anyone else noticed that properly using the greatsword, zweihander, murakumo, or demon great machete makes you very nearly bs proof? The number or people who deadangle themselves trying is astounding.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri May 25, 2012 6:53 am

^^ Thats the build we were discussing in skype the other day wasnt it rynn? anyway I wasnt Pvping yesterday due to being ridiculously ill, but I have had an attempt today with my Overkill Build, and lets just say... WoG + RTSr + ROSFB with PW OHKO, and even my weapon hits for 1/2 the enemies life with a r1 - I don't need to worry about anything because they normally are dead before they hit me once.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 25, 2012 6:54 am

^I noticed with my GSoA. Some guy tried to BS me 12 times in a row (Due to the angle after I hit him once I couldnt get that second hit and he was a dragon so he could get away faster) and everytime I would hit him in the exact same spot.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri May 25, 2012 7:00 am

They generate like a 300 degree arc where bs attempts just get crushed. Its really easy to keep the opposition in that circle too. The really good players rarely bother to try when the see the weapon, but everyone else tries, fails, and eats 500 damage at least once.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 am

Here is my original character that I made - yes he got very high level he is on NG++++++ I use him as my forest hunter atm, I have 6 SB's and 7 CMW's I haven't killed gwyndolin this toon and I killed Four Kings with my RTSr, Broken Straight Sword and the CMW also with my CSS's and CHSM's :L http://tinyurl.com/7zf9fac

Lets just say I was so happy when I remembered FH's invade any level, this build literally is all purpose xD if I wanted I could have JESUS! 20 casts of CSS, or 40 with logans catalyst, aww no - I would need to go to NG+9, if that even exists xD
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Fri May 25, 2012 9:29 am

I think some gankers aren't familiar with the forest at all. One time I spotted a gank and started to chase after me. I started on the gate and ran right hugging the wall till I fell of the cliff. A few seconds later "Target Destroyed"! I think he followed me off the cliff.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Got time for my first thing. So I thought it was obvious that chameleon was useless in the forest since the spell shows you as a black tree. Turns out you're the same same color as the other trees but with less lighting. If you put a glowing flower between you and your enemy the side of the tree they see is near perfect.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri May 25, 2012 3:15 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Got time for my first thing. So I thought it was obvious that chameleon was useless in the forest since the spell shows you as a black tree. Turns out you're the same same color as the other trees but with less lighting. If you put a glowing flower between you and your enemy the side of the tree they see is near perfect.

Skare - good find. I have never personnally used Chameloen in the forest but I have seen so many campers try and fail miserably. It seems hunters have an advantage with this spell if they position themselves correctly.

I did have a red use the spell to try and sneak up on me from behind while I was fighting a camper near the A. gate. I heard the sound of the spell but I was too engrossed in the fight to worry until the red tried a 2H attack from behind me with a great axe - luckily the red missed (I rolled to the side just in time since I always try to keep moving). The red's attack shook me up so bad I retreated to the trents and BC'd out.lol

The last couple of days have been pretty darn good in the forest. I had some great 1v1s and some good "come from behind wins" against the gank. Man, I love this job.It just never gets old beating the gank or having a honorable duel to mix things up.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 25, 2012 4:21 pm

I had a really bad night but mainly thanks to internet issues. Here's my second thing. I couldn't connect for the life of me. Very few fights and all against the same campers. Twice I got an "unstable connection" message which made me look like a rage quitter. The fun part? I got my first hate mail just in time for Towel Day. After the second disconnect I got a message saying "wussy." I figured no point talking about network issues since I wouldn't buy it. Instead I sent "says the estus chugging backstabber who needs his friend to bail him out." Before the disconnect I had ran immediately to the trees and they spent several minutes before very slowly going through the trees. So I added, "never seen two guys so afraid of trees. How long did it take you to get the 'courage' to look for me?" I got the "at least I didn't quit message." I figured the camper was done and a few minutes later I get a message saying "btw I'm a girl and I beat you.lol." I reply "so basically you assume that women are supposed to be inferior? I feel sorry now. Shouldn't have insulted someone with such a fragmented psyche. Sorry ma'am."
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri May 25, 2012 4:50 pm

I know that feel skare. I got signed out of my psn because of my internet acting up (if you have AT&T you have to reset the modem every few months) and when I signed back in I got called a coward. Guy believed me when I told him what happened, and when I went back he let me slaughter his phantom and then duel him 1v1. Nice guy, asked him to join us.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri May 25, 2012 5:03 pm

One last horrible webcamtage before you experience me in full HD big grin

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri May 25, 2012 5:33 pm

@Infamous - oh yes!!The destruction of gankers will soon be captured in full technicolor.I can't wait!!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri May 25, 2012 5:34 pm

haha aye!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri May 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:Got time for my first thing. So I thought it was obvious that chameleon was useless in the forest since the spell shows you as a black tree. Turns out you're the same same color as the other trees but with less lighting. If you put a glowing flower between you and your enemy the side of the tree they see is near perfect.

Skare - good find. I have never personnally used Chameloen in the forest but I have seen so many campers try and fail miserably. It seems hunters have an advantage with this spell if they position themselves correctly.

I did have a red use the spell to try and sneak up on me from behind while I was fighting a camper near the A. gate. I heard the sound of the spell but I was too engrossed in the fight to worry until the red tried a 2H attack from behind me with a great axe - luckily the red missed (I rolled to the side just in time since I always try to keep moving). The red's attack shook me up so bad I retreated to the trents and BC'd out.lol

The last couple of days have been pretty darn good in the forest. I had some great 1v1s and some good "come from behind wins" against the gank. Man, I love this job.It just never gets old beating the gank or having a honorable duel to mix things up.
    Same thing in dark londo (though I usually don't have npcs as backup if things go south. Love showing gankers who's the boss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 am