Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Rynn
User
djgq42
RANT
TehInfamousAmos
skarekrow13
mugenis4real
Whknight
Railage
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
14 posters

"Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

"Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work Empty "Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:50 pm

So I created a male Pyromancer starting class and named him Salaman because I heard that doing so would net you 2 freebie Red titanite Chunks.

I did so, but got bupkus. I got nothing, it's not that I really care about the free titanites I'm just slightly disappointed, because I expected that it would work. 😕

Has this actually worked for anybody, or is it purely a fabrication? I'm also on the Xbox, so maybe that affects it (though it shouldn't).
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

"Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work Empty Re: "Salaman" Easter Egg Doesn't Work

Post by Railage Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Sometimes you can get 2 red chunks or 2 red chunks and a Black Knight Sword right when you create your character if you do the unspeakable glitch.

Other than that, I don't think you get anything for naming your character something special.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Uh, you get the "freebies" from something else that isn't allowed to be discussed, naming shouldn't affect anything really.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Name your character Ostrava and see what happens :o
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:26 pm

I don't understand, what is it that everyone is so afraid of talking about?

I really didn't mean to stir anything up. 😕
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:29 pm

I heard that if you start the game with a female character, Deprived class and name her "Samus" she'll start the game in nothing but an old bikini.

Sorry to add to the teasing. I can help myself but chose not to in this instance. Also, I really don't feel you did anything silly as I've done a lot worse to test things.

There's an in-game glitch that leads to the titanite chunk drop you mentioned. This forum is, thankfully, one that avoids glitch talk so no one can really explain what they can't talk about except to say that the nameless thing is what results in the drop and not a name.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 pm

:O I named my char Ostrava - I got the Rune Shield and Sword ZOMG!!! you must start as a knight though
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:So I created a male Pyromancer starting class and named him Salaman because I heard that doing so would net you 2 freebie Red titanite Chunks.

I did so, but got bupkus. I got nothing, it's not that I really care about the free titanites I'm just slightly disappointed, because I expected that it would work. 😕

Has this actually worked for anybody, or is it purely a fabrication? I'm also on the Xbox, so maybe that affects it (though it shouldn't).

LOL
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Now, now Rant - We'd best not laugh at those who are serious - Much silly haha anyway you showing up to FC in a bit?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:36 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Now, now Rant - We'd best not laugh at those who are serious - Much silly haha anyway you showing up to FC in a bit?

i lol'd cause i though he was joking, now i dont know. i might get on in a bit.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:37 pm

haha - did you enjoy the seriousmuch pun xD and sweet silly
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:45 pm

I guess it WAS a stupid thing to try...
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Nahh dw we all try some stupid things in our times - Jesus - I even once tried to parry a Great Club rolling attack, lets just say that didnt go down to well either
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:53 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I guess it WAS a stupid thing to try...

We're just messing around man, I think we've all had our fair share of ridiculous ideas to be honest tongue
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:59 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:So I created a male Pyromancer starting class and named him Salaman because I heard that doing so would net you 2 freebie Red titanite Chunks.

it isn't an easter egg at all. if you use the glitch you will sometimes get the drops from the black knights in the northern asylum at the beginning of the game. however you won't get them later on when you go back to the asylum.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Yeah. I once repeatedly jumped off a ledge near the first B Town bonfire because I swore I could make it onto the little ledge on the pillar. I was wrong. Sounds like I've been bringing this up a lot lately (I am proud) but I also dropped 1,000 prism stones in one area, on top of the nearly 200 I did in other areas, just to see the "very rare eighth" color.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Did you end up seeing the eighth colour btw? if so what was it?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:03 pm

What is that eigth color, by the way?

I've always been interested. happy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Nope. By the end I half convinced myself that there's two shades of green but I was almost hollow at that point so who knows. I was probably almost to Logan naked in Seath's room crazy. Actually, the whole thing only took a little over an hour so I was still pretty good mentally. I thought there was a second green but then I changed camera angles and saw that the lighting shifted. I just posted the link on another thread today so I won't hijack another one but searching youtube for "Prism Stone Fiesta" will net you the video I took. After all that work I felt like I needed to record it. Lol......Acidic for the win. Yup. I trolled around until I had something to contribute. Sadly it wasn't much of a contribution. I've been ranting since.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:04 pm

If I remember correctly, that was your first post to search for the eighth colour, yes? If I remember correctly, you became part of the community at that time.

That was janurary the 27th, if I recall. You did not found it, did you?

Sorry to see that. We will find it some day.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 pm

I keep forgetting to look at the ones Patches drops in ToG......if that color is one of his I'll be pretty mad at myself.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:10 pm

It will be discovered soon. It only takes time and patience, as well as determination.

The question is, where does the Prism Stone Originate from?

Interestingly enough, when given to snuggly, it gives back a demon titanite. A titanite that is of the blacksmith deity. This might help you on your search if you still are doing so, skare.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Pretty sure you're reading a troll post. It's like the reccomendations to jump down the well.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:58 pm

sometimes you get the bk shield if you get the drops... almost all the starter classes can two hand it and kill the asylum demon with it first time without a plunging attack...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:04 pm

I throw some down from time to time acidic. I might have to try a few things now that you riddle posted me 8')

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:00 pm