Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
aceluby
Yukon
FallenAzraelx
djgq42
RANT
mugenis4real
Whknight
SlakeMoth
12 posters

I'm thinking of quitting Dark Souls for a while

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'm thinking of quitting Dark Souls for a while Empty I'm thinking of quitting Dark Souls for a while

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:49 am

I've been playing it since release and I hate to say it but I've not really reached the heights that a lot of players have. The one thing that has kept me going is that I hoped to get the Platinum Trophy but I've still got three weapons to upgrade fully, I haven't got the last miracle and the Moonlight Greatsword still eludes me. Oh woe is me!

Oh hang on! I'm not really that far away am I? Sorry, false alarm.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

I'm thinking of quitting Dark Souls for a while Empty Re: I'm thinking of quitting Dark Souls for a while

Post by Whknight Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:56 am

SlakeMoth wrote:Oh hang on! I'm not really that far away am I? Sorry, false alarm.

Good!
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I'm thinking of quitting Dark Souls for a while Empty Re: I'm thinking of quitting Dark Souls for a while

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:57 am

Dark souls is safer than crack but just as addictive 8)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:45 am

the weapons are the easiest ones(upgrades). mlgs is a pain in the *** to get, the easiest way to get it if youre by yourself is by running to the crystal but not breaking it, wait till seath is right next to you then break it which will stun him then run to the back tail as fast as you can(make sure you have grass v=crest shield or green grass for stamina) and hit the tail with your strongest weapon, about 4 hits should do it. i did 3 different characters for the trophies one for miracles, one for spells and my all around build for everything else.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:58 am

mugenis4real wrote:Dark souls is safer than crack but just as addictive 8)

were you the one that created the character creator by any chance? if so then i just want to say great work! i love that friggin' thing! big grin
    FallenAzraelx

Post by FallenAzraelx Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:11 pm

I picked it up in February, and will be wrapping up the last achievement tonight. I play on Xbox, mind you, but it may help to know that the spells/pyromancies/miracles/weapons DO NOT need to all be on the same character.
    I just got Knights Honor last night, and the key seemed to be having all the "Tail Weapons" on one character. The character I got the achievement on only has two "boss soul" weapons, and NONE of the black knight weapons. The other character has the remaining "boss soul" weapons, along with everything else. I did not get the achievement until I had gathered all "tail weapons", though. The other character has all but one "Tail Weapon". Chopping of Sceaths' tail on a NG+ is practically impossible.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Thanks all, looks like the Moonlight Great Sword might be my downfall. I knew I should have persevered and got it on my first playthrough but it was such a trek from the balcony bonfire, so I panicked and killed Seath before he killed me. Thanks Rant for the guidance, sounds like I'll need it.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Slake, you are on PSN right? I have a spare MLGS or I could help you fight to seath if you want happy
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:02 pm

If you're online and get summoned or summon someone just ask if you can hold it if it's your last weapon for the achievement. That's what I did for the trident (that I stupidly fed to frampt thinking I wasn't going to go for the trophy).
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:03 pm

even if you weren't going for the platinum! Why would you just throw away the best R2 attack weapon in the game? Why aceluby!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Yukon wrote:even if you weren't going for the platinum! Why would you just throw away the best R2 attack weapon in the game? Why aceluby!

It was a mage that couldn't wield it even two handed... I know... it was stupid. I also got it in the depths on my 1st playthrough and haven't seen another in over 250 hours of playing.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:27 pm

i also have a spare mlgs(actually two) al my builds are either str or faith so i dont need them. im on ps3 in you want it.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks Yukon & Rant. I appreciate your offers. I'm not quite ready to go for Seath yet though. I'm still exploring and I've not freed Logan from the cell.

What!? I can't believe it. I need one of those Trident thingy's for the Knight's Honour Trophy. If it's a drop from those channelers, I'll still be in the archives next October because I just KNOW it's going to be a rare occurrence. Oh well, onward and downward as they say.
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:49 pm

If only i still had the few tridents i had.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:51 pm

I've taken an extensive break from Dark souls slake and I never got the platinum... Don't think I ever will do either, just can't be bothered to get all the unique weapons as it involves farming, which I hate with a passion.
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Put some music on and go farm. It helps out alot.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Way over a thousand hours and I will never plat. I have all the trophies except pyro, and to get that one I think I need to egghead myself, don't I? I don't think I can do it. Too gross.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Unforseen wrote:Put some music on and go farm. It helps out alot.

trust me, I'm not that bothered about trophies when I play games really. The only reason I've garnered as many as I have is out of respect for the game, because I think it's ace.

When one of the trophies is pretty much making me farm for hours though, thats where I draw the line.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:17 pm

callipygias wrote:Way over a thousand hours and I will never plat. I have all the trophies except pyro, and to get that one I think I need to egghead myself, don't I? I don't think I can do it. Too gross.

Oh go on, it doesn't hurt and it looks pretty funny when your toon starts scratching it's head. You only have to have one for a little while, long enough to buy the final pyro spell from Eingy (I think that's how you spell it) and then you can remove it with one of those vermifuge things which he sells too.

Serious. I'm not a trophy hound usually. I just want my first (and probably last) Platinum to be for Dark Souls because it actually means something.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:26 pm

[quote="SlakeMoth"
    Serious. I'm not a trophy hound usually. I just want my first (and probably last) Platinum to be for Dark Souls because it actually means something.[/quote]

That's exactly what I thought too, but I just didn't finish it in the end, I'll be stuck on 97% for good I think silly
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:30 pm

callipygias wrote:Way over a thousand hours and I will never plat. I have all the trophies except pyro, and to get that one I think I need to egghead myself, don't I? I don't think I can do it. Too gross.

It's actually pretty fun, I once had my head turn into an egg in the middle of a co-op battle with Quelaag. Awwwkward.

And DkS is the only game I've ever platinumed. It's worth it.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:36 pm

djgq42 wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:Dark souls is safer than crack but just as addictive 8)

were you the one that created the character creator by any chance? if so then i just want to say great work! i love that friggin' thing! big grin

Shhhh! Your gonna blow my cover man! :silent:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:07 am