Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
RANT
WyrmHero
6 posters

I need advice for a Chaos Pyro build from lore hunters and PvP enthusiasts

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I need advice for a Chaos Pyro build from lore hunters and PvP enthusiasts Empty I need advice for a Chaos Pyro build from lore hunters and PvP enthusiasts

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Here she is.
    www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=369060460
    I really want to use the Chaos Server as backup. The problem is I have little VIT. Any suggestions on other Chaos weapons??? I was considering Estoc or Scythe. Headgear will be an Egg Head or Sunlight Maggot. Suggestions.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:31 am; edited 3 times in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

I need advice for a Chaos Pyro build from lore hunters and PvP enthusiasts Empty Re: I need advice for a Chaos Pyro build from lore hunters and PvP enthusiasts

Post by RANT Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:08 pm

egg head for the head gear for sure, why not just go with the server and ditch the dga? you can get your end to 40 and you acn have more vit which i think its not that low for an sl 80.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

I need advice for a Chaos Pyro build from lore hunters and PvP enthusiasts Empty Re: I need advice for a Chaos Pyro build from lore hunters and PvP enthusiasts

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:15 pm

The build have some lore of Lost Izalith, so I wanted to use the DGA with fire resin (may look badass). If it dries out, I quickly switch to a fast Chaos weapon (must be Chaos for the lore).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 pm

how dare you pick the dga over my DGM then!!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 pm

lol! from the Demon weapons, the axe is my favorite.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:49 pm

really? the DGM looks so badass though, the aze is cool but not as cool as the machete. the demon great hammer is the best looking in my opinion but i love the dgm.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:03 pm

use the CHAOS blade happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:19 pm

I would love to, but I can't because it scales with dex, and I want as few DEX as possible.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:20 pm

I'd say chaos blade or QFS instead of the server. You'll have to deal with windup otherwise and the server's range is lacking compared to the Murakumo. And each hit you only get 7 health, not exactly useful as it would have you believe.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:31 pm

I would like to use Quelaag's Furysword as well, but this is almost a pure STR build. If I choose either of the 2, it will not have maximum AR because the 2 scale with DEX, and I want as little DEX as possible. Both have a 'B' scaling with DEX, which is pretty good for a DEX build.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:35 pm

go with DGH it looks badass and it s a demon weapon. but you know you wanna use the DGM.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Glutebrah wrote:use the CHAOS blade happy

This.

Chaos Blade <3
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Also I hope you don't rely heavily on the actual pyromancy, because your casting is gonna be really slow without dex. But if you can stay a step ahead of people than it's all good.

Go with a chaos morning star, I do believe they're fast and cause bleed. That or a chaos balder side sword.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Nice choice the BSS. Rant the axe looks more badass than the hammer. I say almost as badass as the machete. silly
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:01 pm

I was thinking that the Chaos weapons could be weapons with overall bad scaling (like the Scythe). Also that have darker tone (like the Darksword), not too shiny weapons. But all other straight swords are slow....
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Flamberge is a good example, low scaling, can stunlock, can bleed, looks Chaosish.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 pm

G. Halberd. A beast in the proper hands. Good moveset, sweeping roll attack, 2h r2s break just about any poise. It's d in both strength and dex so if you can get the moveset then chaos it up.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Thank you, I have been beaten a lot of times by good Halberds users. The sweeping attack is awesome.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:17 pm

So I checked Quelaag's Furysword and it gives me 72 more physical AR at 40 DEX. The big question is, are they worth it?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:05 am

OMG how could I forget the Washing Pole! Low scaling perfect for a Chaos weapon. Light, fast and excellent reach. I have never used it so I'm double excited!!!!

Edit: Bahh it's too heavy and requires 16 DEX, leaving me at 28 VIT, same as the Server. sad
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:08 am

QFS also scales with humanity, thats the fire damage.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:33 am

Yeah, I'm considering greatly as the build will look awesome with all the thorns + QFS all thorny too.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:26 am

I would say a regular Greatsword or Great Axe. I like the Axe Personally.

Or tip top of my list is the DGH! HAMMERS BABY!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 am

Axe Viral, axe. Also bumpie bump.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:29 am

Bump

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am