Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
GkMrBane
ViralEnsign_
Eolan
Reaperfan
Rynn
sonofartorias
Chaos Spectre
11 posters

My latest Build: Velka of Carim

Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

My latest Build: Velka of Carim - Page 2 Empty Re: My latest Build: Velka of Carim

Post by Eolan Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Reaperfan wrote:@Eolan:

Second question:
    Is it wrong to BB glitch to do a run for role playing purposes?
    Example: You are making a Gwyn cosplay, and transfer a Soul of Gwyn (to be turned into the great sword upon reaching Anor Londo) and the robes so you can do a dry run from level 1 as the character.

This is what the bb was left in for. This is an acceptable reason, sort of. But if this was two years in to the games life, i wouldnt care, but we are kind of fresh and when this starts to happen the sense of an online world is broken and usually its a sign of death.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

My latest Build: Velka of Carim - Page 2 Empty Re: My latest Build: Velka of Carim

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm not gonna complain if the glitch is removed, but until it is, I'm just going to continue playing the game using the glitch on some of my roleplay chars to transfer +0 gear.

95% of my chars don't even use the glitch anyways, it won't hurt me if it vanishes.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Trouble is it got leaked to the point where even if they patch it now its too late. Characters have already got the gear.

To mr GkmrBane

I just reread the comments, honestly your logic is the antithesis of the dark souls idea.

Its you people that will make this lovely challenging game into "Elder Souls:Point Click Win" happy
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Eolan wrote:You may trust yourself to use it as a time saver, but that doesn't mean you can trust everyone else. And to be frank with you both, everyone else is using it for very different reasons. Thats why I lead by example when I choose to do so, so that those new to the coming tide are aware and prepard.

Also thats an innane comment. Its a video game.... twisted yes its is

Yeah its a video game. So tomorrow im going to hack it and get all my fun at the expense of others. Is that ok? By your rules i can also use the headset to shout rascist obscenities, because im trying to enjoy myself to the fullest. I cant because there is a community involved. And with a community comes an economy of rules. Well if you want to be an brown eye then go ahead make mine or somebody else's day. tongue

And as far as it being a video game, it is a hobby with a set of rules put in place by the game designer. If these rules are glitched around then the system loses its balance. Its like any economy, if you find short cuts there are consequences. Glitched (ways around the system) . . . hmmm you know what that sounds like the real world to me.

"To answer your question because its a game not life’s mission and having
    a game is about enjoying it to the fullest in whatever form it comes
    not in the form that a single individual wants."

The bb glitch, is a glitch. it may have been allowed by popular demand, but my whole argument is that we shouldnt give in to popular demand. Thats what makes dark souls feel good to play. I bet you signed that PC petion didnt you doesnt that sound like popular demand? A set of rules that damn the players wants. I'd like to see you sell a game that did only this.

Btw. You didnt answer my question whatsoever. Yes I did I mentioned the Judo thing and I said that we all deserve to enjoy the game in any way that we strive to do so.

And no offence mate, but my judo comment was in jest, no need for bragging on the net.

LOL I cant do Judo anyway

My notes are above
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Alright sorry, i give up arguing with you. Those are fairly pedantic responses, i cant even gleam your stance from them.
    I sort of get what your saying about the pc petition.

Firstly i didnt sign it. Secondly its not the same thing. Im alluding to hardcore versus casual gaming. Not distributing products, im talking about how those products are designed and who their targeted at. The pc petition is kind of irrelevant.

Dark souls was sold on its difficulty/complexity and is a last bastion of hardcore console gaming imo.

Last edited by Eolan on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : being nice)
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:31 pm

You're aware dark souls isn't hard, right? it's just trial and error.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Rynn wrote:You're aware dark souls isn't hard, right? it's just trial and error.
    I agree with you its like having that cube that you put shapes into but for older people.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Eolan wrote:Trouble is it got leaked to the point where even if they patch it now its too late. Characters have already got the gear.

To mr GkmrBane

I just reread the comments, honestly your logic is the antithesis of the dark souls idea.

Its you people that will make this lovely challenging game into "Elder Souls:Point Click Win" happy

Im saying is that they put it into the game on accident and they should leave it since its almost apart of the charm for some players now.

And if the next game doesnt have it then it wont bother me I'll love it either way.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Don't forget Vow of Silence and Velka's Talisman! Should be 30 faith, 40 int build.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Exactly its trial and error, and built on the idea of player patience. So for me having that easy a shortcut diminishes allot of possibilities relating especially to player built lore and role playing. It waters down the playing field, and their intentions for creating this meta narrative within the pvp is spoiled somewhat.

Its about balancing the games weapon economy. Simple you can gain advantage by putting in time/effort. The incentive structure of any stat based rpg.

Rules can be fun! happy

You can tell a decent game when its hard to argue about. It wins either way!
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Eolan wrote:You can tell a decent game when its hard to argue about. It wins either way!

Well I'll agree with you there:P I love this game up and down left and right .
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Tue May 01, 2012 5:25 am

Ok, honestly, i find one thing wrong with the BB glitch, and thats griefers.

I've beaten the game at least 3 or 4 times with my first character with over 200 hours into that character. Hes past 120, his build is not specialized in anything, and even thinking of using him for PVP gets me basically destroyed.

I try to keep my challenge level there when I make a BB build by making sure all items are low upgrade or unupgraded. Honestly, the first zone isn't hard in general, normal or BB equipment, and after that, things get back to the normal challenge level. I've made at least four bb builds, and not once have I invaded anybody with those builds, because thats unfair. I do do co-op, simply because I try to be an anti-griefer, giving new players that untouched experience that they are just getting attacked by people who think their good at the game.

I also prefer to start this way simply because I get better with the weapon and setup. I don't do pvp till 60 or 120, depending on how soon the build is done. Either way, I get better with my character, and by 60, that equipment is all viable, so I only use it to start a character, not pvp it.

I think using it for low level pvp purposes is cheap, and is the most disrespectful thing in dark souls, but I don't utterly hate the bb glitch cause its allowed me to start new characters and completely set them up how I want them to so I can enjoy them to their fullest up until they are pvp ready. Yeah, it may take away the "experience", but in reality, so does any glitch or cheat in any game, so really, its only hurting the user, not anyone else except for pvp purposes, but once you leave the undead burg/parish, its really not that bad anymore.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 02, 2012 8:24 am

I dont think it just hurts the user, its an online game so it upsets anyone coming into contact with glitchers. It upsets the balance and the economy. If this was a wow exploit it would be patched and removed because it would anger the community at large.
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Wed May 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Eolan wrote:I ask you this question, why should you get the same privelage as somebody who is putting that much time in? Or more to the point reverse the role. Shouldnt the person who puts that much time in be allowed to gain a reward that distinguishes him from you? If this was judo, you wouldnt just say "oh i dont have time so can i have the best belt right now?"

I too can only muster 100 hours over about six months. But i dont complain, i want a system that rewards the dedicated. Not one that rewards me! Thats all. And no offence but if they built the game for the casual interest then it would be skyrim.

Im so tired of hearing people say things like "i just wanna enjoy all aspects of the game i paid for" Because honestly if that's the way games get designed then dark souls will be the last of its kind.

Why not just have the game start up, and you pick everything you want from a list and voila? There you go you have everything you wanted. I guarantee, you wont be playing longer than 40 hours. The point is i guess dark souls is a specific kind of game, and the bb glitch just spoils a very cool dynamic within the game. If i was in charge that sense of real world role play would be intact and the bb glitch would be dead and buried.

Diablo's respec system is a prime example of that. i dont think they realise how thats going to kill the lifespan of its game. But oh yeah i just remembered, better to have 200 people buy it and play it for an hour than have 100 people buy it and play it for a year.

I don't condone the glitch, but I have to say it can be pretty fair under the circumstance that not a lot of people can get a lot of play time in. I had a guy explain to me after he summoned me in for Quelaag that he works a lot, he doesn't get a lot of time to play the game and he really enjoys it, but due to his work schedule he can't play as much as some people can. I added him and I've honestly seen him on only twice since last thursday. and then it was only on for 1-2 hours max. He loved beating the game and made it all the way to NG+++ with his main character, He said he uses it to save as much time as he can when creating and experimenting with new characters.

I was totally against it and thought it was stupid, but under his circumstances, I have to say I'm glad that he has that option.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu May 03, 2012 8:09 am

I understand the benefits to people. This really isn't an argument about whether or not its useful. The same guy might not have enough time to explore mass effect. Its a shame for him, it doesnt mean you should boil all the sidequests in mass effect so that he can tick the boxes on a list. He may also like COD but that doesnt mean there should be an exploit for him to unlock all the weapons without putting any time in. He may really appreciate it if they did, but it would be really aggravating to people who did put that much time or are willing to put that time in.

Im just rereading this thread and the implication from all of you is that i have the kinda time im talking about. I really don't. I work all the time and if it wasn't for the fact that im sitting at an edit bay doing probably the most BORING post work ive ever had to do, id never be able to have this argument with you guys.

I love this game, and i love all its secrets. I dont want them on a plate for me because i plan on playing this for months and months to come. Thats why even though i sometimes work intensely for weeks on end, where i don't even sleep in my own bed, you will never see me glitch hack the game. Shame on all of you. happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:10 pm