Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Just for the joy of sharing with my beloved community

Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Just for the joy of sharing with my beloved community Empty Just for the joy of sharing with my beloved community

Post by Doelker Thu May 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi everybody!!!
    After testing with some toons and trying different builds I decided to go with this one:
    Actual Stats:
    http://tinyurl.com/82u3bb5

Notes:
    The barbed sword is enchanted +4 because I haven't been in the crystal cave yet and I farmed the C Golems at the Basin.
    I just have defeated the Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, Gaping Dragon, Darkroot Hydra and Havel.
    I've been doing a lot of PvE in the Parish and the Depths and haven't rung any bell yet.
    But I'm ready to move on... I'm going to destroy the gargoyles, own Quellag and pass Sen's Fortress to get Anor Londo as a Second Phase.

At the end I want to finish my toon like this:
    http://tinyurl.com/7tu6tr6

Obviously I'm focusing on maxed Int power than vit or anything else. I know the build has its pros and cons but it is not really meant to pvp though. 

I would love to test the damage output of some spells and actually relay on that above anything else.

Anyway, I wanted to share this with you guys and please share your points of view or any other feedback. 

Thanks for reading. Proper Bow

Last edited by Doelker on Fri May 04, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Just for the joy of sharing with my beloved community Empty Re: Just for the joy of sharing with my beloved community

Post by True King Doran Fri May 04, 2012 2:47 am

Well first, there's a better way to link your builds. First on the DS build calculator page, click "minify" in the bottom left corner, then when you're posting here on the forum click on the "link" button, two blocks over to the left of the smiley face and it kind of looks like a paper clip.

But as for your build, this is a glass cannon mage through and through. Damage output will be through the roof, especially once you get access to Logan's crystal spells in the Duke's Archives. As a low soul level glass cannon, this is a great build. However, this build loses its viability later in the game in PvE, ESPECIALLY in NG+. At that point, you'll be easily one-shotted by every boss in the game, and even some regular enemies in NG+ and beyond. If you really want this to be a PvE based character, check out this build:
    http://tinyurl.com/6n779zx
    With this build, you'll have some PvP viability, more poise (enough to resist many weapons), and absolutely more PvE survivability. This is essentially what your character would look like when suiting up for PvP, getting the best defense/poise for the least weight at that endurance. I just picked brass because i'm starting to like the way it looks lol. Anyway, you can play around with the vitality and endurance more or whatever, just saying this is what your build may look like at around 70, the usual level for players in anor londo and above
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Just for the joy of sharing with my beloved community Empty Re: Just for the joy of sharing with my beloved community

Post by Doelker Fri May 04, 2012 9:16 am

@True King: First of all thanks for the reply and your feedback. I do agree with you about the vit issue in NG+ and by then I would really like to take your advice and check on the stats you shared with me.
    But I do want to see if I am able to finish the NG with the final settings without having to level it up further.
    To be honest I am already imagining the pain is going to be to get pass through the Duke's or the ToG with this toon but I really want to take the challenge. I know there is people who can beat the game with an SL 1 toon, honestly I can't and actually I'm not doing speed runs or avoid any enemy, actually I'll be hitting every single place in the game so maybe that' worth of something.
    Sorry about the links, I didn't know how to post them.
    I'll see if I can edit them... And again, thanks!!! Proper Bow +1
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Fri May 04, 2012 4:45 pm

No problem! And if you want to go through the game with this level toon, you might want to check out Great Magic Shield. It actually blocks 100% of all incoming damage, so it's a must have for most boss fights, I'd say. Also, since your first order of business after Ornstein and Smough will have to be the Dukes Archives for maximum effectiveness, you may want to invest in a fire weapon, since the crystal hollows have such damn high resistance to magic lol. Last but not least, learn how to dodge EVERYTHING lol if you're finding it difficult you could always unequip the bellowing dragon crest ring and use the DWGR. If you're having any trouble and/or want to level up together today I've got a toon around your level and i'm getting him up to 80 today, so feel free to add me!
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Fri May 04, 2012 7:11 pm

^^ Thanks!!! Yes, you are right about the crystal hollows at the Duke's and the Crystal Golems too. I remember that it was hard to farm them at the basin for some blue chunks. The damage I was doing to them was like 20 hp per Heavy soul arrow.
    I'm still at the office, I think I can manage to get to anor londo without to much trouble, but then like you said I might have to go to the catacombs and get a fire weapon and since I'll be close to pinwheel
    Then just kill him too.
    I'll add you tonight and hope to do some coop later.
    Thank you!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 am