Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Sebastrd
Maneater_Mildred
Reaperfan
ChizFreak
PlasticandRage
Dubscythe
10 posters

Any alternate ways to get a Sunlight Maggot?

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Any alternate ways to get a Sunlight Maggot? Empty Any alternate ways to get a Sunlight Maggot?

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 05, 2012 11:29 pm

I've been down to their spot about 5 times already and the "Red Eyed" Sun Maggot hasn't spawned for me at all.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Any alternate ways to get a Sunlight Maggot? Empty Re: Any alternate ways to get a Sunlight Maggot?

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Have you opened the short cut? I could be wrong but I was under the impression that it was necessary.

Specifically I think I remember reading once that you have to kill all 8? and the last one always drops the maggot. Again this could easily be complete fiction. I have a memory like that.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Any alternate ways to get a Sunlight Maggot? Empty Re: Any alternate ways to get a Sunlight Maggot?

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 05, 2012 11:34 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Have you opened the short cut? I could be wrong but I was under the impression that it was necessary.

Specifically I think I remember reading once that you have to kill all 8? and the last one always drops the maggot. Again this could easily be complete fiction. I have a memory like that.

Opened the shortcut, killed all 8 every time I've been down there, and nothing.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 11:37 pm

That's really strange. I don't think I've ever heard this problem. I was under the impression it was a sure thing from the last one. You're positive you killed all of them and there isn't one hiding in a corner? Also I feel like I remember reading that Solaire being attacked by them can some how affect this. Did you allow Solaire to die?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat May 05, 2012 11:41 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:That's really strange. I don't think I've ever heard this problem. I was under the impression it was a sure thing from the last one. You're positive you killed all of them and there isn't one hiding in a corner? Also I feel like I remember reading that Solaire being attacked by them can some how affect this. Did you allow Solaire to die?

Solaire hasn't even appeared in Lost Izalith yet.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 11:47 pm

I dunno. I think you've exhausted any input I might have. To my knowledge there isn't an alternative method. Save the Skull Lantern, which really isn't much of one. Or the light spell, which I've never really tried.

Are you in NG+? According to an old wiki post I just found it could be bugged in NG+? Also came across info I think we both knew already, that it doesn't respawn. But if it died on you through some fluke, like jumped off the bridge or something, it should have just given it to you anyway right?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat May 05, 2012 11:52 pm

You see the Red Maggot when you go from Lost Izalith's side through the Short Cut. Where you find Solaire. If you opened the Short Cut, but Solaire wasn't there, maybe that's why you don't see the Red Maggot. It's easy to distinguish because he has a giant red dot on him. If you still can't find it, best thing you can do, is force Solaire to become crazy, I believe he drops the Sunlight Maggot when you kill his crazy version.

To do this just talk to Solaire when he appears in the first Lost Izalith Bonfire, and then advance a bit through the level. After that, go back to the Shortcut. You should find either Solaire crazy or Solaire sitting there and the Red Maggot jumping around.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Any other specifics about your runthrough? I'm thinking things like if you've already placed the Lordvessel or if you've activated the shortcut from the Demon Ruins side. A thought that's nagging at me is that there are several events that only happen after you've placed the Lordvessel, and the Sunlight Maggot-dropping...uhh...Sunlight Maggot might not spawn if you've gone there too early.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 pm

That's what I was thinking Chiz. Like if Solaire was skipped but he went the long way around into Lost Izalith it may somehow be wrapped up in Solaire being attacked but not being there yet
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun May 06, 2012 12:01 am

I already placed the Lordvessel, I didn't try to get a maggot until after the Bed of Chaos was defeated, and I've only entered that spot through the shortcut.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 06, 2012 12:01 am

I wonder if killing BoC first could have something to do with it? I've never done it that way before.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun May 06, 2012 12:02 am

Trade is another option if you cant get it to turn up. Most vets have more than 1 on each toon.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun May 06, 2012 12:04 am

I'll try and tie in with Plastic's theory as well then, how far have you progressed Solaire's questline? I've not tested it much but it makes sense that the red-eyed maggot might not appear unless Solaire was nearing that stage, as in it's preparing to attack Solaire or something :|

If it gets to be too much trouble, there's always trading with other players. I'm sure there are tons of people here on the forums with extra maggots cluttering up their Bottomless Boxes.

EDIT:

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Trade is another option if you cant get it to turn up. Most vets have more than 1 on each toon.

Ninja'd lol silly
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun May 06, 2012 12:06 am

I'm pretty sure that's your problem. There should be nine bugs, not eight, and the ninth is the red-eyed bug. However, as I understand it, this must be done before entering Lost Izalith.

I believe your only option now is to wait for crazy Solaire to spawn and kill him for it.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun May 06, 2012 12:06 am

Well it's a bit late for that now, I'm already at Nito >>
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 06, 2012 12:11 am

What's your platform/SL?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 am

Xbox 360, SL 82
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 06, 2012 12:46 am

Well that counts me out, I'm a PS3er. Sorry man
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sun May 06, 2012 4:50 am

I killed Bed of Chaos, Nito, the Four Kings and Seath; opened the Kiln and DID NOT have the shortcut to Izalith open. I went there before finishing the game and there was Solaire and the red-eyed bug.

Could your game maybe glitch out?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun May 06, 2012 5:01 am

Azran wrote:I killed Bed of Chaos, Nito, the Four Kings and Seath; opened the Kiln and DID NOT have the shortcut to Izalith open. I went there before finishing the game and there was Solaire and the red-eyed bug.

Could your game maybe glitch out?

It might have, kind of a moot thing now though, I'm on NG+.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 am

I remember reading somewhere that there are nine of those maggot things in that area but maybe I'm wrong.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 06, 2012 1:03 pm

there are 9, I was the one who originally said 8. It was my miscalculation
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun May 06, 2012 1:08 pm

trade Old Witch Ring etc
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 06, 2012 1:16 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:trade Old Witch Ring etc

It's the other way around. You trade the maggot for the witch ring
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun May 06, 2012 1:35 pm

I believe solaire needs to be infected for you to receive the sunlight maggot. Otherwise you need to use the skull lantern or cast light for the tomb of the giants.

Or you can just go blind, it's not that hard after the first time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm