Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
alchemydesign
McTrikster
Odinbear
reim0027
Wade_Wilson
User
neon__noodle
Akatik
ublug
Azran
Federally
DoughGuy
vageta31
17 posters

Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video)

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video) - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video)

Post by Odinbear Fri May 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Nice job, wish I could get THAT PARRY down like you seem ta have.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video) - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything possible before the Gargoyles playthrough (video)

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Nice work man
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Excellent video, as always! Didn't knew that Lower Burg shortcut, neither did I know that fall damage was proportional.
    It's interesting to see the difference that makes the amount of soft humanity you carry.

Seems we've got the same hatred towards torch zombies, and the privilege of never being cursed. silly

EDIT: Nevermind, seems you actually got cursed by Seath. silly
    McTrikster
    McTrikster
    Casual
    Casual

Post by McTrikster Sun May 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Great job man happy loving the vids
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle Sun May 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Part 3 was great! FYI I would watch until you finish the playthrough. big grin
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Well the playthrough is done, at least as far as I'm taking it. Just have to finish up with all the editing and should have the rest of them up this week. There will be 2 and a half more videos and it will take me through Blighttown, Demon's ruins, Great hollow, Ash lake, Catacombs, ToG and finally New Londo.

Decided not to finish an entire playthrough since the purpose was up to the Gargoyles, though I may have enough gas left to do a few videos on shortcuts, boss tail guide, and other random stuff. Those are far easier to deal with than full playthroughs.
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle Sun May 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Well it's entertaining to watch someone do something well. I believe you said that in once of the videos. Anyway, great job and thanks again.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 am

Vageta watching these videos makes me curious about your PvP builds. Especially the low level builds you use in the Burg and Parish. Mind sharing?
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Mon May 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Awesome playthrough, awesome commentary...which is a somewhat rare thing...anywho, nice job, pretty informative, keep on keepin on man.

Lol, the only thing tht gets me is how you say Tie-Tan-ite rather than Titan-ite. Lol nother major but amuses me greatly.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 pm

alchemydesign wrote:Awesome playthrough, awesome commentary...which is a somewhat rare thing...anywho, nice job, pretty informative, keep on keepin on man.

Lol, the only thing tht gets me is how you say Tie-Tan-ite rather than Titan-ite. Lol nother major but amuses me greatly.

Lol it was making me laugh whenever he say twinkling tie-tan-nite
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Mon May 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Well I'm happy to keep you all amused with my pronunciations :p. I just don't like the way titan-ite sounds, I think it sounds better when said more like titanium or titanic.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon May 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Have you made part 4 yet? I wanna see more of this.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm

I have all the footage edited, just need to finish up the commentary and upload it. Should be done tonight and finished uploading by tomorrow. Usually takes 5 hours or so to upload so it's an overnight event.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon May 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Sure thing.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Mon May 14, 2012 6:08 pm

lol no offense meant, just something that ticks with me, like when people pronounce scimitar like skimatar, and even skrimatar. But your vids and commentary are grand, keep up the good work sir.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Please say titanite a lot in your next video as it makes me happy.

Lol okay sry just makin jokes.

But really I'm interested in your PvP builds!
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon May 14, 2012 8:09 pm

I've heard people say Uchi-GIT-nah. I think we can just let tie-tan-ite pass by.

Awesome work, Vageta. I've finished watching your Sorcerer playthrough too. You got some mad skillz.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Azran wrote:I've heard people say Uchi-GIT-nah. I think we can just let tie-tan-ite pass by.

Awesome work, Vageta. I've finished watching your Sorcerer playthrough too. You got some mad skillz.

No forgiveness! It's embarrassing how much better he is at DkS then I, so I must destroy him through the only means at my disposal. Making fun of the way he says Tie Tan Nite!
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Mon May 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Federally wrote:Please say titanite a lot in your next video as it makes me happy.

Lol okay sry just makin jokes.

But really I'm interested in your PvP builds!

If you're talking about my low level characters then I wouldn't really call them "builds". I usually keep them at level 15 and under and focus the stat points on using specific weapons/shields/magic in order to do some damage. I rarely put anything into vitality and if anything put a little into endurance for more stamina or equip load.

If I were to make a melee focused low level character I'd probably get my str/dex to 14 and drop a few points into endurance, maybe attunement if only to get one slot to use power within. Basically low level builds are glass cannons meant to do some good damage but not really take any.

My favorite low level pvp character was the female sorcerer from my mid level pvp video. She was around level 15 and had dusk crown and hornet ring. I just used a standard +5 rapier and GMW to buff it with using an oolacile catalyst. I had a lot of fun invading in the depths and blighttown with her since the narrow hallways and precarious footing made it easier to land magic spells. Great soul arrow was surprisingly effective in those areas. I never really backstabbed anyone other than for punishment, I focused mainly on parrying people and usually it was game over if I got one off.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Cool thanks for the info dude. Gives me some things to think about
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Tue May 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Love the video series. Great job. happy
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Where is video 4! I cannot wait!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue May 15, 2012 10:47 pm

No kidding! I've got your homepage in one of my tabs, and I keep refreshing it to see if you've uploaded the latest vid!
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed May 16, 2012 8:27 am

Sorry for the delay, been busy the last few days. Part 4 is uploading right now and should be viewable by noon PST. These 3 gig files take about 6 hours to upload then Youtube has to do it's processing.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 8:29 am

Goddman thats too long!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:23 am