Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Maneater_Mildred
TehInfamousAmos
DamageCK
mofomey
RANT
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
Wisp
12 posters

Baller side sword duelist: My new build, no buffs!

DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Baller side sword duelist: My new build, no buffs! - Page 2 Empty Re: Baller side sword duelist: My new build, no buffs!

Post by DamageCK Thu May 10, 2012 11:13 am

If you get a parry/riposte, you earned it, in my opinion.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Baller side sword duelist: My new build, no buffs! - Page 2 Empty Re: Baller side sword duelist: My new build, no buffs!

Post by Wisp Thu May 10, 2012 11:19 am

I didn't even win the fight. :'(

Btw, how much poise does it take to resist a swing from the MLGS? I keep seeing different numbers, and I keep getting stun locked.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu May 10, 2012 11:25 am

56, but that's only the first hit. People forget to mention that quite a bit. You can tank the first hit and still move around. If the second one connects and you're not blocking, you're locked. That's when you need to toggle escape.
    mofomey
    mofomey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mofomey Thu May 10, 2012 11:28 am

Wisp wrote:Since a riposte is a counter, does the Leo effect that?

hmm not sure, id be in for some testing on counters and such with the bss tho.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 am

Ok thanks. So I need 3 more poise than I have right now.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Can you please dump the MoM? There are already plenty of guys using it and whenever you see someone wearing one you automatically assume they're a griefing douche bag and want to treat them poorly. I know they're good and all but every time I've had three gankers taunting my dead body they're all wearing masks.

I vote sack for awesome factor or pharris hat for style but you can pick something actually good lol.

Other then that I like it, looks fun.

And the Leo ring does affect ripostes, its a counter.

Last edited by Federally on Thu May 10, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : so it can be considered English)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 10, 2012 2:43 pm

+1
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu May 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Federally wrote:Can you please dump the MoM? There are already plenty of guys using it and whenever you see someone wearing one you automatically assume they're a [...]
    Yeah, ditch the mask. I was dueling in the Burg the other day, challenging all invaders and summoning all Red Signs I saw... except 1: he was wearing a MoM and wielding a Claymore--didn't feel like summoning him, for some reason, didn't strike me as a particularly interesting fight-to-be.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Thu May 10, 2012 5:53 pm

I'll dumo it when I get a little better at the game. AT the moment i still die too much. What's a good HP for surviving hornet ring backstabs?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 10, 2012 5:55 pm

1500 HP is fine imo.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Thu May 10, 2012 6:04 pm

You don't need 45 dex or all that health. I put some into strength and attunement seeing as a chaos greataxe with 10 humanity does massive damage and you're a chaos duelist after all. And having 5 attunement slots lets you have another chaos spell, I put great combustion in there as another spell seeing as it's a really good pyromancy.
    [url=mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=d2FuZGVyZXIsNDAsMTksNDEsMzIsNDAsMTIsMTEsOCwxMCw1OSw0NSwxMCwxMCwyMiwyNCwxNTMsNjMsMTE0LDE0LG5vcm1hbCxjaGFvcyxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLDAsMzYsMzgsMzAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCx3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4=]mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=d2FuZGVyZXIsNDAsMTksNDEsMzIsNDAsMTIsMTEsOCwxMCw1OSw0NSwxMCwxMCwyMiwyNCwxNTMsNjMsMTE0LDE0LG5vcm1hbCxjaGFvcyxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLDAsMzYsMzgsMzAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCx3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4=[/url]
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Thu May 10, 2012 6:12 pm

45 dex is for higher casting speed.

Thanks for the ideas, but I'm not looking at strength weapons. I'll use the weapon load-out you can see 99% of the time (on this build).

EDIT: Right that's it, i'm changing the title.

Last edited by Wisp on Thu May 10, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu May 10, 2012 6:13 pm

BLA1NE wrote:
    Federally wrote:Can you please dump the MoM? There are already plenty of guys using it and whenever you see someone wearing one you automatically assume they're a [...]
    Yeah, ditch the mask. I was dueling in the Burg the other day, challenging all invaders and summoning all Red Signs I saw... except 1: he was wearing a MoM and wielding a Claymore--didn't feel like summoning him, for some reason, didn't strike me as a particularly interesting fight-to-be.

man claymores are the best guys to duel, number 1 easiest weapon to parry.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Thu May 10, 2012 6:19 pm

That's probably because so many people you've had loads of practice
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu May 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Wisp wrote:That's probably because so many people you've had loads of practice

they are also most likely to spam R1
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Thu May 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Them and the moonlight greatsword bastards
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu May 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Wisp wrote:Them and the moonlight greatsword bastards

pretty much any greatsword, they all have the same move set.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Thu May 10, 2012 6:37 pm

http://tinyurl.com/6v4r24s

Changed the armour, added an attunement slot.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu May 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:

man claymores are the best guys to duel, number 1 easiest weapon to parry.
    With a shield, yes they're a joke. Block the first hit, parry the second, it's automatic. But I parry with a Notched Whip, so I need to predict parry. Worse case scenario is I tank the first hit and parry the second. But still, it takes concentration, and sometimes I just don't feel like being that focused!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 10, 2012 7:26 pm

[/quote]With a shield, yes they're a joke. Block the first hit, parry the second, it's automatic. But I parry with a Notched Whip, so I need to predict parry. Worse case scenario is I tank the first hit and parry the second. But still, it takes concentration, and sometimes I just don't feel like being that focused![/quote]

greatswords are the easiest to blind parry, at least for me. theyre always gonna either do the running attack or roll attack.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu May 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Ultra Greatswords are the easiest. You can actually parry them by sight.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu May 10, 2012 7:43 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Ultra Greatswords are the easiest. You can actually parry them by sight.

yea but no one ever just swings it R1 style. ever. they all BS fish or roll attack
    mofomey
    mofomey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mofomey Thu May 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Wisp wrote:I'll dumo it when I get a little better at the game. AT the moment i still die too much. What's a good HP for surviving hornet ring backstabs?

FIGHT CLUB! is the best hp for surviving a hornet ring backstab happy
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Fightclub isn't on everyday. I wont wear the mask to FC, I promise.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu May 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Wisp wrote:Fightclub isn't on everyday. I wont wear the mask to FC, I promise.

dude wear the mask, you aren't wearing the Ring of Favor which i am sure most Fight club people do. so you aren't stacking life buffs. i have 1800 life also, thats a good amount. imo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:51 pm