Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
JohnnyHarpoon
Darkwolf
Seenblack
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Kenko
ViralEnsign_
WyrmHero
Quarik
PlasticandRage
14 posters

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing - Page 10 Empty Re: Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Mmmm I think we really need to do a deeper analysis of the clues we;ve been given but this is the wrong thread for that.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing - Page 10 Empty Re: Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 13, 2012 11:23 pm

clues in regards to what? the pendant? Oscar?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Theres just toooo much hahaha! And i would reread that but im on my new droid razr, so maybez later. Haha!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 11:27 pm

@Plastic Pendant lol sorry. Ive alread ydone too much on Oscar.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 13, 2012 11:33 pm

The pendants starting to drive me a little nuts. I'm honestly starting to get a little bitter about it. My current theory is that it's use is to make DkS fans obey From. I think there's some kind of subliminal message in there that's eventually going to make us all try to kill Walter Mondale.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Its because we are looking at it the wrong way. Its not an action item (though that wont sto pme doing action tests). The pendant is a link between two ideas. The starting idea is discovered in game, most commonly on the second plathrough (like Kaathe). the second idea is something that needs to be connected to the first before it makes sense.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 13, 2012 11:52 pm

I was actually throwing around the idea recently that it's somehow connected to having Demon's data on your HD. But now that I'm really thinking about it that wouldn't make sense because XBOX users wouldn't be able to make use of it at all.

I've actually never gotten further than the MLBF in NG+. I always get bored and want to make a new build instead. Maybe I should be doing my pendant tests in NG+ instead?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 14, 2012 12:12 am

They DID say that you had to find out after the first playthrough, but u guyz already knew that.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 12:16 am

Actually I believe they said that "most players will not find the secret until the scond playthrough". You can find it on the first its just unlikely.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 14, 2012 12:17 am

Huh. Kinda implies that those who look will find hahaha!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon May 14, 2012 1:54 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I've actually spent the last few days running around Lordran with my menu opened to the pendant, watching the X across the use option from room to room. I've been dropping in front of everything/everyone. So far I'm to Sens fortress. Nothing yet.

Just a thought, but the only items you can place on your hotbar are items you can actually gain the ability to USE. You can't place sunlight medals/etx. on it, but you can place eyes of death, even if you aren't a gravelord. This implies that if you can put the pendant on the hotbar, it has an actual coded "use" of some kind.

Conversely, if you can't, it doesn't. Again, it's just a bit more evidence for the pile.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 14, 2012 2:34 am

that's a good point. When you go into the menu to add things to the hotbar it doesn't even show up as listed in your inventory. I don't think it does anything. The more I try to figure it out the more convinced I am.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon May 14, 2012 2:54 am

The only thing that crosses my mind that you can discover in your second playthrough and not the first is meeting Kaathe....
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 3:00 am

The asylum. great hollow and ash lake, painted world.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 am

The Crestfallen Warrior pretty much directly tells you about returning to the Asylum. Or as close as direct gets without being direct.

The only stuff I didn't figure out on my first play through was Kaathe.
    But if someone hadn't done me the service of leaving a message about a
    fake wall I probably wouldn't have found the hollow or Ash Lake
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 3:40 am

hmmm, you are right there.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 14, 2012 3:46 am

I honestly think if it does actually have a function that we haven't figured out its context at all. There's so many players, even just here on this forum, that have dedicated so much time trying to figure it out. I think if it were an area that's now common knowledge someone most likely would have done it by now. The only other thing I can think of is if they pulled a Demon's style plot event on us, where it's something that can only be triggered by doing a bunch of different, seemingly asinine, events in a very specific order to make it happen.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon May 14, 2012 3:59 am

I say drop it in front on Gwyndolin's fog gate, I already tried dropping it in the center of the rug but nothing happened, and neither did I searched through Lodran nor get to NG+ after that.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 14, 2012 4:47 am

Didn't someone say there are places you can drop it that cause it to turn into a prism stone?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 8:19 am

Just made a new toon, rewatched the intor on a big scene and I have changed my view. the witch is definetily around twice as tall as her daughters. She is not human.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 am

DoughGuy wrote:Just made a new toon, rewatched the intor on a big scene and I have changed my view. the witch is definetily around twice as tall as her daughters. She is not human.

That could just be typical Japanese style of "more power = bigger". I'm not ruling against it, it just seems unlikely that she would be a different race then her daughters (unless she "ascended" to godhood or some thing. We do know they aren't exactly human though.

Personally, what bugs me is the similarities between the witch and Velka. I'm sure there's something triggering this, but I can't tell what it is. If I could, it would either seem stupid, or ingenious.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 9:23 am

They are both Witches. One of fire and one of Sin. One was the first firekeeper the other tried to make herself one.
    Btw I now think the Witch of Izalith may have been a demon shaped by the lord soul. When she tried to create the first flame her demon part overwhelmed the soul and made the BoC.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon May 14, 2012 9:36 am

DoughGuy wrote:They are both Witches. One of fire and one of Sin. One was the first firekeeper the other tried to make herself one.
    Btw I now think the Witch of Izalith may have been a demon shaped by the lord soul. When she tried to create the first flame her demon part overwhelmed the soul and made the BoC.

It was more then "they are both witches". It may have had something to do with one of her daughters (at least) having black hair, demons being associated with sin, and her being one of the few females we know were in connection with Gwyn.

Now that I can't remember it though, it's going to bug me (get the pun? big grin))
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 9:37 am

Yes. I also laughed at your unintentional one in your previous post. Maybe take a look at Beatrice?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 14, 2012 11:05 am

Regarding the height of the Witches. Is there any other height reference besides each other? The reason I ask is this, if you were to have a video of me and my daughter I am over twice as tall. I'm not saying the seven daughters are only two years old in the clip but we're not given any age or reference to it. Mama might be taller just because she's an adult. Also, the spider/bug references when they transform might be an indication of innate family nature. If that's the case then all seven daughters would be born at the same time and same developmental rate meaning all seven are same aged children.

For the pendant......I'm gonna say it's unlikely to unlock anything or have a use apart from lore. I'll second Dough and say that the quotes I saw said "unlikely" to find it the first time and he suggested it as a gift. Two thoughts on this.

If you don't take the pendant most people won't have it unless they allow Petrus to kill Reah which is only one possible end to that storyline. Also, that occurred for me late in game where I had much of the levels behind me. So for instance, I did Anor Londo before the catacombs and ToG. To finish my example, Wyrm's new avatar was behind me before I had a pendant. So.....to make the link between those two things (and I think there is one), in my case I would have had to go back to one of the hardest areas in the game for me (Silver Knights were a pain) to stare at paintings rather than go for Four Kings, Seath and Gwyn. All of that is unlikely particularly when considering I would need to be actively pendant searching. Which leads me to my second point.

NG+ and beyond makes the enemies harder but with the exception of a few bosses that up the ante a ton (I'm looking at you O&S and Four Jerks) the second time around was a lot easier. Most of that is because the novelty is gone in the second game. I knew where everything was hiding and in most cases a cheap way to kill it if I wanted. Seconding this is that I had just about any equipment I needed to make life easier which I didn't the first time until the very end of the game. Long story short......in NG I wasn't doing a lot of things beside survival. Second time around, I was looking at everything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:44 am