Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
JohnnyHarpoon
Darkwolf
Seenblack
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Kenko
ViralEnsign_
WyrmHero
Quarik
PlasticandRage
14 posters

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing - Page 11 Empty Re: Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Shkar wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Just made a new toon, rewatched the intor on a big scene and I have changed my view. the witch is definetily around twice as tall as her daughters. She is not human.

That could just be typical Japanese style of "more power = bigger".

This is called hierarchy of scale.

You guys really think there's something to those paintings in Anor
    Londo? I could be wrong because I haven't really studied them, but
    aren't some of them repeated? If they are that would say to me that
    they're just wall dressing.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing - Page 11 Empty Re: Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 14, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm not sure they're there for more than lore hunting but they're definitely there on purpose. There's two rooms with paintings that are the human sized bedrooms. One is mostly portraits and I've taken to calling it Gwyndolin's room for a few reasons and that one has more obvious lore intrigue since, as Wyrm's avatar shows, there's a painting some of us believe is Gywndolin and I'm roughly 99% certain that he has a pendant. It startled me so bad when I found it that I said "nah, the pendant's cord isn't long enough." So I checked my inventory. The pendant's cord in the item description sure looks like it's wrapped in a coil so it is quite long. There's other interesting paintings such as a Halberd type Giant in a stare down with a shadowy human while Anor Londo looks to be in flames. I posted a few long descriptions with some help (Wyrm gets big props still for giving me the real life painter) in Emergence's linking lore thread. My only correction to what I originally posted was something that looked like stone henge on a hill. Then I backtracked and said pillars. Now I'm backtracking and say that it looks very similar to the top of the building with the harpies in the Painted World. Maybe a draft of the whole world or a beginning thought before the giant mural.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 14, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm going to have to go check them out when I get some time. I'm procrastinating right now. I have my 4th, and final, term paper to write today. I'm now at 37 pages in the last two weeks. Be at, at least, 47 by the end of the day.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Been there, but mostly at work. I did 15 pages between a few reports in a day once. Not fun so good luck. Back to the paintings, I couldn't get good pictures of them or I would have posted them all.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue May 15, 2012 4:49 am

I just wrote for 13 hours straight. Finally finished. One more exam and I'm done.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 4:55 am

SO with Acidics new info on the sealers I think Ill have to redo them. Bummer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:46 am