Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
DoughGuy
Carphil
Kaminari
darksoulslover
8 posters

how do i get rid of red monsters (gravelord doings)

darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

how do i get rid of red monsters (gravelord doings) Empty how do i get rid of red monsters (gravelord doings)

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 10:42 am

From what i understand im infected with red monsters now. sad They suck and im about to quit my play through which i dont wanna do. Im wondering how to get rid of them? They where in the chapel where gargoyle boss was and now there gone.
    My next stop is Sens and there is 2 snake reds there and its just to hard. I wastes flasks and time to long.
    I have my MSGS to 14 i need a slab t get it to 15. But still 2 hits im dead.

My last stop before i quit ds is to ask you fine ppl here. Ill do anything!!!!
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

how do i get rid of red monsters (gravelord doings) Empty Re: how do i get rid of red monsters (gravelord doings)

Post by Kaminari Sun May 13, 2012 10:44 am

are you on xbox? If so, I can help you,
    The way to get rid of them is to find the gravelords sign and invade him, and kill him, however, you can just wait and someone else will do it, just wait a day and I pretty much promise you that it will be gone happy
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

how do i get rid of red monsters (gravelord doings) Empty Re: how do i get rid of red monsters (gravelord doings)

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 10:49 am

i am on ps3
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 10:49 am

its been like 4 or 5 days
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 am

Whats your SL? I have one sl 50 that can help. If you see a gravelord sign, do not hesitate to invade him and try to kill him as soon as possible. Red monsters are very rare so don't quit your playthrough, its like a fallen star!
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 10:53 am

im 117. gravelord sign is red? and i can invade any of them?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun May 13, 2012 11:08 am

Gravelord sign is white with a black aura (the white sign soapstone is black with a white aura) you said that is been 4 or 5 days. I don't believe the gravelord is still playing all this time, so I think you can't invade him for now. The best thing I can think right now is to you try to kill a boss and go to another area and see if the red phantoms despawn. Acidic Cook, or DarknessXVega can explain better to you
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 11:09 am

There will only be one gravelord sign. You need to be human to see it. They are large white signs with a smoky black aura.
    EDIT: Ninja'd
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 11:13 am

and where might they be? Should i just go looking for them? no way i can do sens with these reds,blades,lighting serpents etc to much
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 11:17 am

You have to find the actual sign which is wher ethe gravelord is standing. Could be anywhere in Sens.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 am

also im on ng+
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 11:23 am

prob that toas guy i was fighting. Uses mace and looks like a fryer. I dont understand how did he infect me?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 11:25 am

A gravelord uses an eye of death. 3 of the worlds in his world group (cant remember the proper name) suddenly get infected with red phantoms. Random chance that you got it.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 11:37 am

bastard lol. so i have to find this indivdual and kill hoim? not any gravelord?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 13, 2012 11:39 am

You have to find the gravelord who infected you. It may not have been him, could be anyone. Like I said its a random chance to get infected so he couldnt specifically target your world.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 11:59 am

well this is retarded. i mean seriously. There has to be a better option than finding the 1 person out of millions who play this game.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun May 13, 2012 12:16 pm

A better solution since you probably won't be able to find that original gravelord who invaded you is coordinate with a friend and have them become a gravelord. Then they can gravelord you and you can invade them and kill them. That will do away with the phantoms in your world.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 12:40 pm

ok so how can i avoid this in future?
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun May 13, 2012 12:45 pm

darksoulslover wrote:ok so how can i avoid this in future?

When the prompt comes up for gravelords, (It's something like "Disaster blah blah blah gravelord blah blah" Ask someone else), be sure to immediately hunt down his summon sign. If you die fighting him the monster in your world will still go away.

This means though, while searching for his sign you must be human, even if you die you have to go back to being human.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 1:06 pm

well that is weird cause today. I was doing new londo and grinding to level and i saw the msg again. This is the 2nd time i saw this. Does that mean this char that i have to fight is logging in? I think i know who it was.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun May 13, 2012 1:27 pm

It might mean a different person has infected your world.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun May 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Dont quit your playthrough. Keep fighting, training, etc. You WILL defeat those black phantoms if you cant find the gravelord. Trust me, dont give up happy
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun May 13, 2012 6:40 pm

i know im just wondering how this happened. What if i join the grave lords? OR quit the forest hunter guild im in now
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 13, 2012 6:56 pm

You don't have to kill the gravelord that infected you, you just have to kill any gravelord. When a gravelord uses an eye of death it inflicts BPs on 3 people in his player group but it shows his sign to the whole player group and leaves him open to DarkWraith/Moon invasions. If anyone invades him and kills him it removes BPs from everyone. If you have BPs and invade any gravelord who's sign you see you'll get rid of your BPs.

Now most gravelords want to be invaded, so they usually hang out in well populated areas while gravelording. I stand around where ever I see lots of summon signs, usually near bonfires, so my sign is clearly visible.

Also note, you risk nothing by invading a gravelord so whenever you see a gravelord's sign click it to invade. If you win you get souls, a humanity and help out your player group but if you loose you just go back to your bonfire.

Lastly, its rumored around that there is a possible glitch that causes you to be permanently gravelorded if you quit before cleasing your BPs. It's not confirmed tho because its super hard to test.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Sun May 13, 2012 7:18 pm

I have quitted the game while I had BP, got back and they were there, however, 10 minutes later they were gone

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:30 pm