Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Majikero07
Rynn
Demon Slayer
Yesuurd
WyrmHero
robsthedon
Federally
Quarik
mugenis4real
GrEeNgObLiN
bloodpixel
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
cloudyeki
Carphil
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
20 posters

Washing Pole!

Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Washing Pole! - Page 2 Empty Re: Washing Pole!

Post by Yesuurd Sat May 19, 2012 11:14 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:shhhh...u will make my favorite weapon into the next BKGA.

im sorry i have to tell you this but A LOT of people already use the washing pole, only buffers though, the rest use the uchi or laito.

I know Rant, talking about the hype thing...I don't care if anyone uses BKGA or WP, everyone is always
    complaining and cataloging stuff on this game, next week it's gonna be your Demon Great Machete,
    long time ago it was the Zwei and Claymore...keeps on and on.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 19, 2012 11:26 am

Yesuurd wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:shhhh...u will make my favorite weapon into the next BKGA.

im sorry i have to tell you this but A LOT of people already use the washing pole, only buffers though, the rest use the uchi or laito.

I know Rant, talking about the hype thing...I don't care if anyone uses BKGA or WP, everyone is always
    complaining and cataloging stuff on this game, next week it's gonna be your Demon Great Machete,
    long time ago it was the Zwei and Claymore...keeps on and on.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! and yes i've started seeign the DGM a lot more recently, i remembeer dicovering that thing the second week the game came out, it was awesome!!!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat May 19, 2012 12:38 pm

i started using the DGM because you said that it was awesome, i decided to try it out and you were right rant silly
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sat May 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Me too...
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat May 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Same about wanderer set. When game was released, I was the only one using around. Now everyone has a toon that wear at least the coat. sad
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Carphil wrote:Same about wanderer set. When game was released, I was the only one using around. Now everyone has a toon that wear at least the coat. sad

i like the coat the best but it doesnt fit the weapons i use so i never used it that much, i use full kirk's all the time, recently ive been using it with an egghead, it looks so badass.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat May 19, 2012 3:39 pm

mugenis4real wrote:
    Rynn wrote:In my honest opinion, this weapon is overpowered to nearly broken standards. I just don't worry about it when someone uses it, and I look for the next duel.

Dude you say everything under the sun is broken lol
    Actually, I specifically say the Washing Pole and Dragonslayer Spear are broken, and usually when I mention one, I at least mention the other one in passing at some point during my complaint. I generally dislike lightning, but these are the two weapons I hold no respect for.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Rynn wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:
    Rynn wrote:In my honest opinion, this weapon is overpowered to nearly broken standards. I just don't worry about it when someone uses it, and I look for the next duel.

Actually, I specifically say the Washing Pole and Dragonslayer Spear are broken, and usually when I mention one, I at least mention the other one in passing at some point during my complaint. I generally dislike lightning, but these are the two weapons I hold no respect for.

thrust weapons are broken becasue of lag, i have yet to parry that damn DSS, is it me or does it have some sort of random speed that will not let me parry that thing? so annoying.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat May 19, 2012 3:56 pm

I can't parry it either.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Washing Pole(with DMB,SLB,or CMW),Moonlight Greatsword,Black Knight Great Axe. theres a reason these weapons are used so often. they are easy to use effectively. this is why some people refer to them as "noob" weapons. I personally dont think they are "op" they are arguably some of the best weapons in the game, but theres other better weapons that just require more practice/skill to use effectively.(not that i have the skill sad)

I dont know why i never have, but its a good idea,to set up a friendly duel and just really try to learn the ins and outs of those 3 weapons. I should do that actually, BKGA has seemed to become popular again and i must be a bit rusty or just playing bad lately but i am not doing well parrying it. even with 1800hp a bkga can tear you apart in a few swings.

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Sat May 19, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sat May 19, 2012 4:47 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:

thrust weapons are broken becasue of lag, i have yet to parry that damn DSS, is it me or does it have some sort of random speed that will not let me parry that thing? so annoying.

Rynn I got to disagree respectfully, I find the DSS annoying but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's broken and neither the WP, all spears and long range weapons are annoying but there are many ways to counter.
    If that is the fact, the r2 on GC and DGH are broken also, but that can also be avoided.

Reim, Roan, Storm, Rant, Baal and many others have parried my washingpole like a joke many times,
    I parry DSS more easily than many weapons also, I agree that lag is one factor that affects most long range weapons as Rant says.

But lag affects everything, sorcery, miracles, bows etc....

I can see from where Rynn's argument emerges and the frustration one gets from all this but I believe it is detrimental for us to be dismantling every little aspect of the game like this.We do it with the DWGR etc etc.....
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Sat May 19, 2012 5:45 pm

My favorite tactic to fight the Washing Pole is harassment. It's not so much about beating the weapon, but rather beating the person using the weapon. Throw Dung, Poison Knives, Poison Arrows, what ever you can do to get that countdown ticking, then wait until they screw up. It won't take long for them to make a fatal mistake and give you an opening.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat May 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Nahh - it is annoying due to lag when you are about 3 weapon lengths away from them and it hits you for 1/2 your hp thanks to their DMB +3 :/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:04 pm