Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
WorldSlayerPIKA
Serious_Much
Federally
FattyOfDoom
Ahhotep1
Jovias-86
Forum Pirate
Reaperfan
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Blazalin
BoilerFan8472
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
ViralEnsign_
DxV04
SunlightCrusader
Medi_Pack
Shkar
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
DarkW17
Spurgun
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
28 posters

This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion - Page 14 Empty Re: This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion

Post by WyrmHero Mon May 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Yeah FC rules make spears, rapiers and great hammers overpowered, because their weakness is that after each swing you are left "wide open", thus rolling backstab one of the most effective ways to counter them. Not that I'm a expert at roll BS, I don't even practice it...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion - Page 14 Empty Re: This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Rules
    1. No healing
    2. No backstabs
    3. Removed
    4. No turtles(poking behind shield with thrust weapons)
    5. No spell spamming of AoE
    Better?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon May 28, 2012 11:26 pm

For the FC duels during the war I'm ok with those. Outside duels, it's all or nothing.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 28, 2012 11:29 pm

I'll take that as you pre emptivelly breaking my knigt's honour code thus freeing them from its burden. I would at least ask you keep the bow before a fight (if the host allows it).
    Knights when fighting a lifehunter (and lifehunter only) you are no longer bound by our honour code
    We should also decide when the FC duels will be and who will host. Im thinking council members and commanders can host and we'll do 3 evennly spaced 2 hour events.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon May 28, 2012 11:36 pm

I don't actually have a build with twop at the moment. Twop isn't the point. Those rules still heavily favor spears.

Dueling a Knight (as in 1v1) I'm cool with no non-spell healing (no healing period less so), but if the host heals you I'll crush a humanity without a second thought. I'll also buy into no turtling unless someone has a reason to disagree. Mostly because its annoying.

That said, I don't like the others for the same reason I already stated, They make thrust attacks with fast weapons, and the roll r1 club spam the only really practical weapons by removing methods of punishing them.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon May 28, 2012 11:37 pm

I have no problem hosting when I'm on, let me know when I'm needed in advance though please
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 28, 2012 11:43 pm

If the host heals the knight will back off to let you heal. Can you explain how the other still favour thrust weps? Wouldnt non BSing encourage larger weapons? And its only AoE spell spamming thats not allowed.
    What times do you think are good? Perhaps right at the start and every 8 hours after that?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon May 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Any good large weapon user isn't going to let you bs them unless you're really good at roll bsing. They'll all just swivel and brake your face. Its mediocre large weapon users that get bsed a lot. spears cant do that anywhere near as well because of the narrow hit box, so the benefit far more from the no bs rule, especially at the skill levels many forum goers have. Similarly, "spaming" wog is one of the only ways to end a roll spree, Bait with an empty cast or 2 depending on wether they try to roll bs you or not, then time the next cast to hit between rolls, stunning you and allowing the caster to close the distance. Twop works because it stops you dodging and, due to the nature of spears, you're often to far away to stop the cast, especially if you're warry of wog.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 28, 2012 11:58 pm

So what would you suggest? Just remove the non spam rule? Because I'd really rather not allow Bsing.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 12:04 am

Sounds good if people are in the right timezones to make it work.

I know but thats the reason behind our rules. We don't chain bs in duels because it turns the fight into a coin flip, and we don't use wog and twop at the same time (as in we wont wog a twoped player) in duels because we still allow 1 self targeting spell before each fight and theres nothing you can do about the combo once you're stuck in it, unless your 1 was vow of silence.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 12:44 am

I know its not a super popular view, but if others didn't agree, wyrm wouldn't be hosting a rather successful arena every week. Spears are far less common there because there are ways to counter them. At FC 2/3rds or my fights are against spears or buffed rapiers because theres very little to be done about them. You don't beat them because your better, you beat them because they made mistakes.

At the arena, roll pokers get twoped orl backstabed so they actually have to be good with their weapon, not just know how to play the range game with spears and abuse lag with rapiers.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue May 29, 2012 1:14 am

DoughGuy wrote:I'll take that as you pre emptivelly breaking my knigt's honour code thus freeing them from its burden. I would at least ask you keep the bow before a fight (if the host allows it).
    Knights when fighting a lifehunter (and lifehunter only) you are no longer bound by our honour code
    We should also decide when the FC duels will be and who will host. Im thinking council members and commanders can host and we'll do 3 evennly spaced 2 hour events.

heh heh...heh heh heh... ha hah ha... HA HA HA HA HA!

Ha...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 29, 2012 1:19 am

So do you want to just use your arena rules?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 1:27 am

Thats usually how I do things yeah. It keeps fights from being "who has the longest range" contests.

Backstabs work both ways after all, and at sl 80 with our uniforms, effectively using wog or gc comes at the cost of health, endurance and poise.

Do you disagree?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 29, 2012 1:30 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Thats usually how I do things yeah. It keeps fights from being "who has the longest range" contests.

Backstabs work both ways after all, and at sl 80 with our uniforms, effectively using wog or gc comes at the cost of health, endurance and poise.

Do you disagree?

I dont understand this part. How does pyromancy or miracles disadvanateg your builds?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 1:39 am

Its not just us.

Stat points. Dex for pyromancy or faith for miracles. To have the necessary levels of casting speed for pyromancy or meet the requirements for wog at least 20 points have to go into something other than hp and/or endurance cutting max health and/or poise due to equipment weight limits. The same is true for your casters as well.

This means, that to use spells that can be "spammed" for damage (unlike at 120) serious sacrifices must be made.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue May 29, 2012 1:43 am

Whether or not that is a sacrifice is perspective. I call it an investment.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 1:46 am

Its both, glass half full guy. Yes I can now cast, but I'm more vulnerable to damage of any kind and stunlocking.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue May 29, 2012 1:55 am

I only worry about the health aspect myself as thats the part that takes the biggest hit in my builds. My poise is out of my hands as my builds are usually cosplays. The casting of WoG and DMB/SLB are worth it for me though.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue May 29, 2012 2:32 am

I'll be waiting for you in the painting come Saturday...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 29, 2012 2:34 am

Quick he posted his build! Strategise!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue May 29, 2012 2:39 am

DoughGuy wrote:Quick he posted his build! Strategise!

No, you can't strategize off of that. It doesn't give you any ACTUAL info on how I play.

For instance, I use the crossbow string as a garrote, not as a crossbow.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 am

^It appears we think alike happy. Im guessing you use the sword as a thrown weapon?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 29, 2012 4:01 am

So 3 FC duels using painted world arena rules
    12am-2am UTC I will be hosting
    9am-11am UTC I will be hosting
    6pm-8pm UTC No hosts currently

If you can host and are a commander or council member put down your name and a time.

Last edited by DoughGuy on Tue May 29, 2012 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 29, 2012 4:12 am

I dont know ust. I'm pst. If you tell me what the difference is, I can be on for 2 of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:07 am