Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Serious_Much
Bioraptor
Shakie666
Kaminari
Majikero07
JoeBroski09
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Demon Slayer
Opedak
Noob-of-Artorias
xenosphere
15 posters

a newb has entered the forums

Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

a newb has entered the forums - Page 2 Empty Re: a newb has entered the forums

Post by Shakie666 Sat May 19, 2012 7:10 pm

xenosphere wrote:Got invaded in the first butcher area, dude in smough armor wouldnt stop using a bow meanwhile it didnt do anything stood there for like 6 mins and I popped my disk out.

I would say this is an EXTREMELY bad idea, the game almost constantly autosaves and if you pop the disk out while that is happening you'll probably corrupt your DS data, which is very BAD.

As for the spider shield, you'll want to use it because the rats can cause poison, but the spider shield block poison completely.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shakie666 on Sat May 19, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sat May 19, 2012 7:50 pm

What does those frog things do cause i almost got infected with that skull thing
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 pm

they curse you, you die the second that thing is full, and you resawn at the bonfire, and will have "full health" when you reach 50% of the health, and you will need to use a certain item to undo the curse, or talk with an npc in New Londo Ruins, you DON'T want to get cursed.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sat May 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Shakie666 wrote:
    xenosphere wrote:Got invaded in the first butcher area, dude in smough armor wouldnt stop using a bow meanwhile it didnt do anything stood there for like 6 mins and I popped my disk out.

I would say this is an EXTREMELY bad idea, the game almost constantly autosaves and if you pop the disk out while that is happening you'll probably corrupt your DS data, which is very BAD.

As for the spider shield, you'll want to use it because the rats can cause poison, but the spider shield block poison completely.

Spoiler:
    I concur, you REALLY don't want to do that, if your data becomes corrupted, you'll have to start all over.

As for your shield, the spider shield is really useful for the Depths as well as Blighttown, so I reccommend you stick with that and maybe even upgrade it a little.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Kaminari wrote:they curse you, you die the second that thing is full, and you resawn at the bonfire, and will have "full health" when you reach 50% of the health, and you will need to use a certain item to undo the curse, or talk with an npc in New Londo Ruins, you DON'T want to get cursed.
    Yeah, avoid Basalisks if possible, they're annoying little buggers. If you DO get cursed, then you'll have to go to the undead female merchant and shell out 6000 souls for a purging stone (I carry a few on me just in case).
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sat May 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Beat the gaping dragon, Is there any shortcut to get back to firelink shine as I dont want to loose my 29k souls?
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 pm

closest way back to firlink shrine is up from deaths back to lower undead burg, just after the capra demon where you can get up some stairs and through a sewer looking tunnel,

However, if only problem is you want to spend the souls, you should just go back to the bonfire in the depths...
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 pm

I was going to blighttown and now im cursed, great tongueany places i can go to get a good cov and souls, armor? im lvl 31
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Sat May 19, 2012 10:41 pm

You can co-op in the depths for souls while you farm humanity from rats. Just be careful with poison. You don't want to get summoned while poisoned. The elite knight is good if you went to darkroot. Any armor is fine if you keep it upgraded. Havel's ring should keep you from fat rolling.
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sun May 20, 2012 1:20 am

got a farming idea that should get me 140k-150k souls in 3 hours a newb has entered the forums - Page 2 3358384175 twisted
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 1:32 am

Co oping the gaping dragon could get u that in an hour if u get summoned fairly often
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sun May 20, 2012 1:40 am

I suck at gaping dragon its no use oh and by the way if you are cursed can you get cursed again, because I had the stupid idea when i got cursed to go to blighttown and noticed the curse meter going up when the yoshis threw their clouds of mist?
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sun May 20, 2012 4:49 am

xenosphere wrote:I suck at gaping dragon its no use oh and by the way if you are cursed can you get cursed again, because I had the stupid idea when i got cursed to go to blighttown and noticed the curse meter going up when the yoshis threw their clouds of mist?
    Yes, you can be cursed again while cursed, this will not only insta kill you, your health will be cut in half again, to 1/4 its original. I think the maximum your health can be cut down to is 1/16, which is like one hit from a drop of water...
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sun May 20, 2012 9:21 am

Opedak wrote:
    xenosphere wrote:I am going to the dephs having crappy armor, what should i get?

Well most of the Starter armor is good upgraded.
    But if you want something nice you can get one of the sets in Darkroot. Stone Armor is pretty strong and very easy to get. Only need 20k souls to get into Darkroot Garden, and you get the access to the eastern set and the stone set for that, plus, booth the Elite Knight armor and Knight armor are in Darkroot, one near the Stone giants, but you can get it by just running past, and the other right next to the hydra. You could suicide for that one if you really wanted

Only need 20k souls to get into Darkroot Garden,

Or he/she could enter the root Gardens the back way past the Hydra.
    Then they could put thoes 20k souls into the armour upgrade.
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sun May 20, 2012 11:16 am

I am a he, by the way, is the hydra easy for a lvl 31?
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Sun May 20, 2012 11:34 am

No. You need a high stability shield just to get close.
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sun May 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Any sugestions for a good shield?

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm

If you use the terraine and dodge, you can easily get close. From there its a cakewalk. Get into the water, then itll stop shooting the missiles, then u just need to shield the heads coming at you, then hit the heads. Once you get in the water, youll know what to do.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sun May 20, 2012 1:02 pm

I have killed the Hydra at SL12 with starting gear,(like many others).
    It`s all about knowing how to face it,like JoeBroski09 as stated.
    To be honest you would benefit if you was to go get the rusted ring from the undead Asylum(Makes moving in water,swamps a lot easier)although it is not essential to kill the Hydra.
    I would dodge the incoming projectiles and stay as close as you can without falling down the side of the wall (under the water).
    If you do this it should stop firing projectiles at you.
    It then will progress to charge you with its heads.
    You can dodge these or use shield,you should bloke them although your stamina may be drained so eat some green grass or use the mask of the mother or the crest shield for faster Regen.Again though it is still not essential if you do not have those things.
    Once it charges you with its heads they will get stuck in the ground for a very short period.
    Use this to hack away at them until you decapitate them,again be careful to not loss your footing over the cliff.
    Repeat and you should be good to go.
    Good luck friend.

Final thought : I would save at the bonfire in the root Garden (where the Black Knight is? or was?.)
    This way if it goes t1ts up?you are not travailing far to collect your souls.

Last edited by Bioraptor on Sun May 20, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sun May 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Got the elite knight armor!1! now il go for moonlight with beatris, oh and were can i find large titanite shard
    a newb has entered the forums - Page 2 3207319737
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 1:11 pm

You dont get any, really, until you ring both bells. You can farm the leaches in blighttown near the great hollow, or you can farm the slimes in the depths by the bonfire. If you do farm, get 10 humanity for the highest drop rate possible. Though, i dont farm until i get the silver snake rring, but thats not till you ring both bells either.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sun May 20, 2012 1:12 pm

xenosphere wrote:Got the elite knight armor!1! now il go for moonlight with beatris, oh and were can i find large titanite shard

I am not to sure were to find them although you can buy them from the gaint blacksmith in Anor Londo or off Crestfallen Merchant in Sens Fortress

Oh yeah JoeBroski09

I totaly forgot about The Great Hollow,although I would not go there until I had the Lords Vessel,then he can warp back.

And yes the slugs in blight town do drop them now and then along with the green stones.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Bioraptor wrote:
    xenosphere wrote:Got the elite knight armor!1! now il go for moonlight with beatris, oh and were can i find large titanite shard

I am not to sure were to find them although you can buy them from the gaint blacksmith in Anor Londo or off Crestfallen Merchant in Sens Fortress

Oh yeah JoeBroski09

I totaly forgot about The Great Hollow,although I would not go there until I had the Lords Vessel,then he can warp back.

And yes the slugs in blight town do drop them now and then along with the green stones.
    Again.... after he rings both bells. XD
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Sun May 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Should i kill lautrec since i dont want his armor, but the ring
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 20, 2012 1:44 pm

If you feeeeel like it. The ring can be a trap though. I found it nice to take off once i got my second in ng+. I like having my cloranthy ring and hypermode ring at the same time. Tis up to you though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:52 pm