Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Oniramkenobi
Quarik
FruitPunchNinja
Serious_Much
cloudyeki
Joel_Boof
Imarreteet23
Wade_Wilson
MsCherryBlossom
befowler
mugenis4real
RANT
User
TehInfamousAmos
Rynn
Dubscythe
Carphil
WarriorOfSunlight
RNsunbro
exandroide
Forum Pirate
Noob-of-Artorias
jjshowal
27 posters

I know we're all for honor here but...

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I know we're all for honor here but... - Page 3 Empty Re: I know we're all for honor here but...

Post by User Tue May 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Well, Rynn, I beg to differ... I played Starcraft Brood War yesterday. It was ripe still with online play, over 500 online.

Ya, Ya!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

I know we're all for honor here but... - Page 3 Empty Re: I know we're all for honor here but...

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 22, 2012 7:19 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:^^ It was because I used some rather profane language. I do trust you guys but in a manner I insulted you - but it was with good intent, I wasn't aware if you guys would have realized that... My Bad

It was only insulting for people who didn't argue or validate their points, so I didn't take offense winking
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 22, 2012 7:20 pm

^^ TrueStory
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue May 22, 2012 7:22 pm

i mainly just like that hes one of the few dks pvp people on yt who make a point of saying there is no real set of rules and that honorable play is just something a select few players choose to play like. also what he says about the people who consider themselves honorable ending up doing things that are obviously not honorable is all to true. example, spamming wrath,2vs1ing, spamming great combustion ext. they always have the argument "well you were trying to backstab me". you know how many times i was just trying to dead angle people with a katana and they spammed me with like 6 casts of wrath (of course they dont normally use it cause its not "honorable") and then they msg me saying its cause i was trying to bs them.... the list of whats "op" or cheap in this game is getting ridiculously long. i for one will be playing the game how i want.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Tue May 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Really didn't intend on starting an ethical debate by posting this thread. Just thought it was interesting to hear from someone's perspective who doesn't obey the unwritten honor code that the majority of us do. He backs up his points well, and is a pretty good player if you ask me. I can really understand both sides of the argument to a certain extent.

My opinion is, organized PvP was never something the FROM developers wanted to include in the souls games (no matchmaking in Demon's or Dark). Basically, if you are the invader, your objective is to basically make the player's life a living hell. If you are invaded, your objective is to do whatever is necessary to rid the invader from your world. Which makes the game so damn exciting if you are truly playing PvP in a non-designated area.

Obviously, we Dks players have a strong community of PvP players who have a set of rules established in which there is a certain protocol that must be followed every match. I just don't think we should be surprised or complain when those rules go out the window.

Last edited by jjshowal on Tue May 22, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Rynn wrote:Hey, Rant.
    Fun fact: games die, this one never was going to be an exception.

thanks for enlightening me about that. but do you want it to die in less than a year? cause i dont.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 22, 2012 7:37 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:i normally agree with you rant, but why do you say he abuses lag to bs? i like his outlook, he doesnt really attack anyone when they bow he usally just pokes them or wacks them with a catalyst(which is more of a joke then actual dmg). also i can see why he gets so offensive in his videos and messages cause tons of people basically troll his videos and make racist comments ext. he does say that he thinks stuff is cheap but he never says people shouldnt use stuff like dwgr and wrath.

i saw one other video of his and that's all he does, lag breaks backstabs which really sucks, it might look like a legit bs but in the other guy's world you just teleport and bs him out of nowhere, just put yourself in the other guy's shoes and see if you like getting bs'ed like that three times a a row, i know dnt like that and yeah it had nothing to do with the video posted. he also always ***** about flipping tanks when he should look at himself and realize that the cheap tactics he does are hated more tha the dwgr.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Do what you feel like doing. I have an FH that destroys anything that summons a phantom, a Kino Knight that bows to anyone, even gankers, and a massive ******* who shoots people off of bridges in Sens. Duels are great, but they aren't the aspect of the game that is the most fun for some people. I PERSONALLY enjoy them more than anything else, but only with a clearly defined set of rules and accepted tactics.

Edit: That is the longest string of asterisks I've ever seen on this site.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Quarik wrote:

Edit: That is the longest string of asterisks I've ever seen on this site.

********; that's longer silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Again, my conduct is my choice, I can not reasonably expect others to follow my rules. So I don't get mad if my rules and theirs are different. I simply remember them and adjust my tactics accordingly.

As a tactic, attacking a bowing player is no different than punishing a missed attack, its taking advantage of an opening.

I bow as a sign of respect, and to give the opponent a chance to ask me to leave, but I can't fualt them for taking advantage of an opening I presented, as ultimately, its my fualt for presenting it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Also, while you're all complaining about his conduct, please note he doesn't attack them while they bow. He gives a very clear "No, I refuse" message when it comes to the "rules" without being a jerk about it.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Tue May 22, 2012 8:43 pm

He reminds me of this invader I had the unfortunate experience of PVPing with who upon invading me, bowed, and thus, I bowed in return. During my bow, he went and backstabbed me. /still bitter.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Oh I refuse to return bows all the time. I always bow after the fight but if someone bows to me and I'm the least bit suspicious (ie they're close enough to bs me or have a ranged attack visible) I just stand there or buff, maybe kick if I'm feeling like a prick, or they've attacked me while bowing before.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Oh I refuse to return bows all the time. I always bow after the fight but if someone bows to me and I'm the least bit suspicious (ie they're close enough to bs me or have a ranged attack visible) I just stand there or buff, maybe kick if I'm feeling like a prick, or they've attacked me while bowing before.

Generally with me, if I invade/ get invaded by a guy who attacked me while bowing before, I usually bow the 2nd time I see them too, and they instead of doing what they did before, bow back. This happened to me a hell of a lot when I was playing, I like to think I managed to at least show them what a duel without questionable tactics is.
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Tue May 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Most of the "Honorable Players" are Hypocrites from my point of view.

If they want battles without "cheap stuff" like Backstabbing, WoG, TWoP etc etc
    Then they should go to a Fight Club that has those rules .

But on regular Play there are no set rules .Anything goes
    The one thing that pisses me off are those messages
    saying"YouBackstabbingspammingcheapplayer" among other things .
    Again nothing is cheap .
    But calling other players out for something you dont like is the most unhonorable thing one can do .

Hope i got my Point explained I know we're all for honor here but... - Page 3 3149687655

-------------
    Serious_Much wrote:

Generally with me, if I invade/ get invaded by a
    guy who attacked me while bowing before, I usually bow the 2nd time I
    see them too, and they instead of doing what they did before, bow back.
    This happened to me a hell of a lot when I was playing, I like to think I
    managed to at least show them what a duel without questionable tactics
    is.

+1
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Tue May 22, 2012 9:16 pm

^ +1 for Kefka

And yes, I totally agree! While it's one thing to exploit flaws in the game's technical aspects like lagstabbing and whatnot. Allowing someone to add 400 damage in a buff while you just stand there is just as bad as spamming a wotg in my opinion.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 22, 2012 9:19 pm

@Oniramkenobi Hypocrite is an absolute state and not subject to opinion or perspective. Disagreeing with how others do things doesn't make you a hypocrite, doing what you condem others for does. Which, by the way, is exactly what you just did.

The word is dishonorable by the way, and its a subjective term.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Tue May 22, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Tue May 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Bowing to an invader. Who does that nowadays? Such fools.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Time your bows to whoever you come across! It'll save your life, even IRL!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue May 22, 2012 9:22 pm

To me, it's simple, you'll get an honorable, fair duel out of me if you're looking for it. If you're a jerk, and try to resort to underhanded tactics I'll do the same and Point Down at you.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Tue May 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Honor is a personal thing. You do it on your own accord. Others will have their own code of honor which to you, might be dishonorable.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Majikero07 wrote:Honor is a personal thing. You do it on your own accord. Others will have their own code of honor which to you, might be dishonorable.

Finally, someone who seems to get that, thank you and +1.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue May 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Guys enough is enough, this wasn't even in the right section!
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed May 23, 2012 12:10 am

OK I have received some messages regarding why I locked the thread. Initially I was just going to move the thread to the PVP section. Then upon reading the thread, I was going to hand out several warnings, but I felt that it was more of a reflex reaction to do so after I thought about it. Constructive comments are fine, even heated discussion or arguing is fine. When it turns into flaming a particular individual, whether they are members of this forum or not, then it is bad form, creates a bad name for the forum in general (because face it, everything is searchable), and places a stigma on the members of this wiki and forum. There are other wiki's and forums that allow this kind of communications, but not here. There are also other wiki's/forums that have exponentially more rules regarding posting, while we have very few. The reason I believe that this is the #1 user based forum for Dark Souls is the community that we have here is also the best. Remember all the mods are gamers just like you. Fex, Emergence, Ublug and Baal thought it would be a great idea to create a user community for Demon's Souls and eventually Dark Souls. I stumbled upon this wiki and forum just like you did, loved it and the members here, eventually petitioning to be a mod just like the other mods. My heart and soul is in this forum and wiki, just like most of you, and the reasons why this place is as great as it is? The members and the environment that was setup to allow the community to express themselves within the rules of conduct. I am sorry if some of you do not agree with my decision to lock the thread, but I stand by my decision and would do it again, but next time I will give a better explanation...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:58 am