Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Maneater_Mildred
RNsunbro
DMC
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
Gawain
Serious_Much
ChizFreak
RagingDragon_69
BoilerFan8472
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
TehInfamousAmos
TheBigLebowski
Reaperfan
Extertionist
Noob-of-Artorias
Yarxov
BLA1NE
WyrmHero
JoeBroski09
bloodpixel
sonofartorias
26 posters

which is harder

Poll

dark souls or demon souls

[ 14 ]
    which is harder I_vote_lcap38%which is harder I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 23 ]
    which is harder I_vote_lcap62%which is harder I_vote_rcap [62%] 

Total Votes: 37
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

which is harder Empty which is harder

Post by sonofartorias Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:48 am

i have never played demon soul's and would like to know.

also didn't no where to post this so if i got it wrong plz move
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

which is harder Empty Re: which is harder

Post by bloodpixel Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:06 am

I almost said a dirty joke.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:10 am

bloodpixel wrote:I almost said a dirty joke.
    Dirt isn't really all that hard. Unless it's extremely dry and packed down. What kind of joke has dirt in it? Shrug

I haven't played either. I just wanted to say that ^

*poof*
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:53 am

Demons. No Solaire to help you. Also less bonfires. I must admit I almost cried when trying to pass Sens Fortress for the first time.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:03 am

Demon's is definitely easier. We just weren't as hardcore back then. I think we all collectively stepped up for Dark Souls, because we're all that addicted to the game. I found Demon's easy, and I was nowhere near as good at it as I am Dark Souls.

No bonfires? You can easily gather 99 of herbs that fully heal you... and there's more than 1! You have a few hundred chances to fully heal yourself, who needs bonfires?!

Also, take a look at the roll! So fast, so smooth. Soo many invincibility frames!

Oh, and who needs all those restorative items when you can restore yourself to full health in no time with just self-healing equipment? Regenerator's ring + Adjudicator Shield+5 + Faith Blessed Weapon+5.

Please, Demon's Souls was not hard. I will say, though, that it was harder morally. Man that game was heavy! The atmosphere was dense and depressing. It was definitely a game that got in your head.

Both are among the best games this gen, and ever, though, so there's really no need to argue which is harder or better when everyone should play them both! winking

Edit: I keep saying Faith... I mean Blessed+5!

Last edited by BLA1NE on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:23 am

Assuming you are a newbie to the series and don't know the glitches and the Crescent Falchion....But thanks to the BB glitch you can now easily get to human and summon a griefer to kill your Taurus Demon in 3 hits. Lame.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:30 am

Demons is harder on tanks (no poise) but with 99x heals its not that bad.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:31 am

Harder on tanks? You can make a Dark Silver Shield and get 100 phys and 100 magic block! silly
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:32 am

Not tanks as someone that blocks, someone to take hits silly
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:34 am

Ah, alright. I don't particularly remember that part of the gameplay. I think everything stunned more, right? I think I'll play DS again soon. But rolling was so much better, how did you ever get hit? silly

I just looked up a DS wiki to refresh my memory as to how much a Blessed+5 weapon + Adjudicator Shield+5 + Regenerator's Ring healed... Together, they heal 18 HP/ second! Sanctus is, what, 2 HP/ 2 seonds? lol

Last edited by BLA1NE on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:40 am

The no poise means the mobs can be very annoying. But you are right rolling is way easier than DkS because of lower than 50% equipload means fast roll.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:42 am

Not only that, though. It was so much faster and more fluid. You could chain them together practically seamlessly. And each had more invincibility frames, I believe.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:43 am

Having never finished Demons Souls, and kicking Dark Souls in the taint 4 times, I'm inclined to vote Demons Souls.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:58 am

Demon's Souls' atmosphere made it difficult and it was psychologically harder to plow through.

I remember the tower of latria and **** my pants the first time one of those octopus head guards sucks my life out. DS is harder for me because in DKS, nothing, not even Orstein & Smough, Seath, Lost Izalith, Tomb Of Giants, or even my first black knight encounter can remotely compare to the despair I felt in a dark and hopeless prison guarded by soul sucking, bell ringing, magic hurling, terrifying octopus things. And if you were lucky enough to survive them there were still all those iron maiden loaded with death and hopelessness.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:05 am

Demon's Souls is much harder in my opinion, and not just because I was "new to it" when I played it. I've recently been playing alot of it the past few days instead of Dark Souls, and despite still knowing nearly everything about it it's kicking my proverbial *** much harder than anything in Dark Souls. Yes healing is more common, but as a result enemies can kill you faster. Because the levels are less open, enemy placement is much more punishing. And let's not forget to mention the fact that dying in any manner cuts your HP as if you were cursed, and makes the entire level more difficult by lowering the tendency. To top it all off, bosses are actually a challenge. Other than maybe a mild bit of nervousness at the Four Kings, no bosses in Dark Souls hold any challenge for me any more. But despite the fact I know all their moves and tactics, Old King Allant, the Maneaters, and Flamelurker are still sweaty-palm-inducing levels of difficult (if you aren't using the cheese tactics against them).

That's just my opinion though. Difficulty is entirely subjective so the only way to get a truly definitive answer is to play both games yourself.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:24 am

I will also argue that DKS is also far easier because it's mainstreamed. Miracles, magic and upgrading are far easier to do in DKS than in DS. Oh, and let's not forget pyromancy, which is danm near cheating. To pull of pyromancy, all you need is a glove and sufficient attunement, in DS, you want pyromancy you need intelligence and magic to level up. Also faith is actually useful for more then one spell in DKS, in DS it's only use was for second chance and healing builds but in DKS you can use lightning, fast explosive spells, TWOP, in addition to healing and anti-magic stuff.

Not to mention many bosses are pushovers after a couple fights save 4 kings. In DS, flamelurker, the old king, maneater, old monk, armor spider are all fairly difficult almost no matter.

And one more things. In DS, you didn't need to be part of a covenant to invade like a darkwriath of darkmoon.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:06 am

I agree with extertionist above.

In my personal experience; Demon Souls felt less cheap in many areas. Don't get me wrong; I love Dark Souls, but in demon souls death was almost always my own fault; in Dark Souls not so.

But which game is harder? Can't say; Dark Souls felt easier, but that's because I already played Demon Souls for more than 500 hours.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:08 am

Dark Souls is harder, Flamelurker - piss easy, use the Sticky white stuff from earlier on your probably +3 weapon now and just use roll invincibility frames, you can kill him without getting damaged, don't talk to me about Allant, if you fought Gwyn without parrying then you had the dodge times down for Allant completely. I did a melee only playthrough of DeS a while back (after my original playthrough of DkS) and damn it was easy. It just seems harder to us diehard fans because we remember it in that manner silly Maneaters were the most challenging boss in the game just due to the fact that the arena was so narrow. PVE wise both games aren't that terrifying, it is when the PVP begins that you should prepare to die ( PUSHLOCKS! just kidding I know how to escape them xD).
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:10 am

Tbh DeS - farm souls, buy loads of Old Spice from ToL - infinite mana, we also forget Morion Blade Cursed Weapon and Clever rats ring hyper mode glitch - or the ToB CW Glitch, a morion blade insanity catalyst and clever rats hyper mode equalled almost an OHKO Soul ray xD
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:31 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:It just seems harder to us diehard fans because we remember it in that manner silly

Let me just say, and this is no joke, but I have literally used Dark Souls PvE as a way to make myself more tired before going to sleep, like counting sheep. In Demon's Souls, it's basically suicide to attempt to fight more than 3 enemies at a time winking

And seriously, what's with people acting like knowing how to escape pushlocks is some big secret? It's no different than escaping stunlocks in Dark Souls :| (Here's a hint, you switch weapons winking)
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:37 am

^^ It was a big secret back in the days of DeS pvp when people were unaware of that glitch.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:09 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Dark Souls is harder, Flamelurker - piss easy, use the Sticky white stuff from earlier on your probably +3 weapon now and just use roll invincibility frames, you can kill him without getting damaged, don't talk to me about Allant, if you fought Gwyn without parrying then you had the dodge times down for Allant completely. I did a melee only playthrough of DeS a while back (after my original playthrough of DkS) and damn it was easy. It just seems harder to us diehard fans because we remember it in that manner silly Maneaters were the most challenging boss in the game just due to the fact that the arena was so narrow. PVE wise both games aren't that terrifying, it is when the PVP begins that you should prepare to die ( PUSHLOCKS! just kidding I know how to escape them xD).

Now tell me why Dark Souls is harder, by naming the more difficult bosses or areas compared to Demon Souls? All bosses in Dark Souls are easier imo.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 am

DeS - Blessed Weapon, Adjudicator Shield +5, Regenerators ring, rejuvinate miracle - that is about 30hp/s you could be at full like within 30 seconds dodging a boss maximum. Also on DeS you had a stable hyper mode which would allow you to almost OHKO all bosses until about NG++, more Boss killing glitches eg; shoot maneater outside arena, trap Flamelurker and kill him, Death cloud False King Allant. Christ, the bosses were even easy to stun. That is my two cents.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:31 am

TheBigLebowski wrote:Now tell me why Dark Souls is harder, by naming the more difficult bosses or areas compared to Demon Souls? All bosses in Dark Souls are easier imo.

TehInfamousAmos wrote:DeS - Blessed Weapon, Adjudicator Shield +5, Regenerators ring, rejuvinate miracle - that is about 30hp/s you could be at full like within 30 seconds dodging a boss maximum. Also on DeS you had a stable hyper mode which would allow you to almost OHKO all bosses until about NG++, more Boss killing glitches eg; shoot maneater outside arena, trap Flamelurker and kill him, Death cloud False King Allant. Christ, the bosses were even easy to stun. That is my two cents.

*scratches head* :|
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:31 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:DeS - Blessed Weapon, Adjudicator Shield +5, Regenerators ring, rejuvinate miracle - that is about 30hp/s you could be at full like within 30 seconds dodging a boss maximum. Also on DeS you had a stable hyper mode which would allow you to almost OHKO all bosses until about NG++, more Boss killing glitches eg; shoot maneater outside arena, trap Flamelurker and kill him, Death cloud False King Allant. Christ, the bosses were even easy to stun. That is my two cents.

No, I said name the in your opinion more difficult bosses in Dark Souls. You keep posting the easier Demon Souls, you fail to mention why you think Dark Souls is harder. Because it isnt maybe. ;d

And deathcloud False King....seriously? Take him on like a man dude!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:42 am