Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Maneater_Mildred
RNsunbro
DMC
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
Gawain
Serious_Much
ChizFreak
RagingDragon_69
BoilerFan8472
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
TehInfamousAmos
TheBigLebowski
Reaperfan
Extertionist
Noob-of-Artorias
Yarxov
BLA1NE
WyrmHero
JoeBroski09
bloodpixel
sonofartorias
26 posters

which is harder

Poll

dark souls or demon souls

[ 14 ]
    which is harder - Page 3 I_vote_lcap38%which is harder - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 23 ]
    which is harder - Page 3 I_vote_lcap62%which is harder - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [62%] 

Total Votes: 37
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

which is harder - Page 3 Empty Re: which is harder

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 pm

^^I think that both our posts show why we will find the first one we played harder generally, our endless death has definitely affected which we wanna dare to say is easier silly

Though when I think about adding in the online/summoning element, Dark would be way easier one day one due to the amount of Demon's vets you could find to help destroy the game almost for you, whereas in Demon's everyone was in it together in an unknown game series.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:02 am

Also I spent all day farming for a *** Pure Bladestone and still they don't drop it :x !!!!!!!!!!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:36 am

^^Why I tend to avoid farming for rare drops
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 am

The reason I found DeS so hard also was because of the fact I was unaware of BS's until World 3-2 and Parries until 1-4 xD They both are extremely fun games, I would say on my original playthrough of DeS it was great,I found myself running a Magician that ended up using hyper mode with a Blueblood Sword and Light weapon xD My first Archdemon was Astrea, then Old Monk, then Penetrator xD, from there it made Allant a lot easier. The hardest level I believe in the game ironically was 4-2 I spent an age getting through to the Old hero because of the fact that I was unsure what to do xD.

The design of the bosses in DeS were a lot better than in Dark souls my opinion is. eg; Tower Knight was so much cooler than the Iron Golem. Although Dark Souls has a better structure for playing than DeS, I still miss that extremely dark and depressing atmosphere that came across in almost all of the DeS levels. I loved the Demon's Souls design as a whole, it is for me a more memorable game because of the great times I had on it, the fear and exhilaration during some boss fights.

My summary is that although Dark Souls had a very fun story and a better structure for it, it - didn't live up to its name as being Dark... Yes it was hard but I believe after killing the DeS counterparts for these bosses that my Blind run of DkS was truthfully easier along the levels and the boss fights weren't harder but instead longer, I didn't find the Blacksmith until after Quelaag - so I used my Red Tearstone hyper mode setup in hope that she was like the flamelurker - perhaps if I killed her I could upgrade my weapons with boss souls etc; The first boss of DkS was a lot scarier than the Phalanx, when the Taurus demon hopped down from his tower I knew I was going to get killed, fortunately I didn't xD I used the roll invincibility frames that DeS taught me. My first playthrough of DkS was as a Wizard, I went along a similar path to my DeS playthrough - leveled up my dexterity and intelligence to about 25 each - I finished my first DkS playthrough at apparently a Low level - this was my original build xD http://tinyurl.com/845ndpx . I thought it was similar to DeS in the manner that magic scaling reduces substantially after 30 int. I believe that Demon's Souls was a better game because of the atmosphere that it projected, it made you actually fear dying rather than thinking - oh, this isn't a big deal. Dying in DeS @PWWT was so annoying, yes, I'm talking to you BP Garl Vinland. I love both games and wish I could have another blind playthrough - it would be great!

anyway guys - both games have aspects that are more difficult than each other. I believe if both were done blindly then the person would look at them equally and not look down upon either.

Lest we forget the great games of this generation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn7dW6xCMXY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMWTyxrBgRU
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Serious_Much wrote:^^I think that both our posts show why we will find the first one we played harder generally, our endless death has definitely affected which we wanna dare to say is easier silly

Though when I think about adding in the online/summoning element, Dark would be way easier one day one due to the amount of Demon's vets you could find to help destroy the game almost for you, whereas in Demon's everyone was in it together in an unknown game series.

Remember Demon's Souls punished you for dying in body form (a.k.a World Tendencies which are not in Dark Souls).
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:28 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Huge text

The soundtrack you put of Demon's Souls it's not the menu theme, unless that's what you wanted to put? You put Dark Souls' menu theme so...

You can hear the menu theme of Demon's Souls when you press start/while creating a character/loading a character, sadly I can't find it in YouTube.

So I will put one of my favorites themes of Demon's Souls:

"Maiden in Black"'s theme, you hear it all the time in the Nexus:

"Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
    Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
    Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
    So the world might be mended." - Maiden in Black, when she grants you power (level up)

"The One Who Craves Souls", can't remember you hear it, but oh god I remember the song, very emotional:

"Tales of Old", you hear it when you hear the story of the Monumental, emotional song too:

They just bring back fond memories to me, and I'm sure everyone who loves Demon's Souls will feel the same.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:32 pm

I listen to the soundtracks frequently - I have replaced the DkS boss themes when I fight with the DeS ones silly Just preference of them and I have listened to DkS ones enough xD
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:43 pm

got my ps3 yesterday and demon souls came today i would say demon soul's is harder because im getting whooped
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:45 pm

how far are you? you should stick to world's one and two for the begininning of the game. World two is pretty easy to clear at the beginning
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:49 pm

the shrine of storm's read that it had the best loot for early game
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:19 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:^^I think that both our posts show why we will find the first one we played harder generally, our endless death has definitely affected which we wanna dare to say is easier silly

Remember Demon's Souls punished you for dying in body form (a.k.a World Tendencies which are not in Dark Souls).

That's why anyone with half a brain lept of the top floor of the nexus every time they were human to avoid that problem.. rather simple solution lol
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:24 pm

^^ Exactly what I did - then I saved up the Ephemeral Eyes and leapt off of the top of the worlds I wanted PBWT in xD Yes SoS - I mean you :face:
    ... Yes Stonefang mine, I also mean you - nice ToB you have there, it would be a shame if something were to happen to it. BAM! Hypermode Firestorm - MUAHUHAUHAUAHUAH! WHAT!? not dead 😕 I guess my blueblood sword will finish the job *heals to full life* Oh no he didn't! :suspect: Cycle of that until I decide to walk around the corner - cast light weapon and stunlock him to death with hyper mode xD
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:25 pm

where the hell is everyone getting sigs like yours from? I thought the Fad of people wanting pictures in their sigs had passed..
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Serious_Much wrote:where the hell is everyone getting sigs like yours from? I thought the Fad of people wanting pictures in their sigs had passed..

From this topic https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t6501-i-m-willing-to-make-dks-related-sigs-for-you-folk
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Nowhere - they are made of magic - Minsc made them for us, just kidding I will send you Bind Minds way so you can get that Dragonball Signature big grin

Super Saiyan - AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Gawain
    Gawain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gawain Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Valley of defilement was so unforgiving... 😢 It made blightown a walk in the park, with no poise & whatnot..
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:05 pm

^^ Did you take Dough's sig?? You could have asked Bind for one that had your name on it dude silly Go over there and request a signature man! Do it nao! Get to the Threaaad! *Arnold Schwarzenegger voice*, anyone get those references? No. 🇳🇴
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 pm

i would say they are both about the same difficulty. its really all about your first playthrough, and each person has their own experience. theres so many things in each game that make certain things harder while there are also things in each game that make them easier.

DEMON'S: you lost half your hp in soul form,if you didnt find certain weapons/items it could double the difficulty, world tendency played a huge role in the difficulty, playing at low sl i find to be more difficult,hp loss has a tiny bit of lag which can make you think you can take a hit that you can not,killing an npc by mistake is not reversible,you cant see status aliments bars,more crap to get in the way of your view(tunnels,walls,ext),more black phantoms.item equip burden.

DARK: there seem to be far more enemies in each area at a time(gang bangs),you are limited to how much you can heal, its easier to go into an area you were not equipped properly for, its possible to get stuck in an area that was too challenging for you if managed to get to a far in bonfire,traveling without warp,some bosses were much more difficult then demons(demons has its difficult bosses, but dark souls had a few more imo)

it's really hard for me to say which is more difficult honestly, i guess dark souls is. both games can become very easy once you playthrough once, and i think dark souls has a more lasting difficulty. when it comes to first playthrough w/o a guide i would say they are pretty much on par with each other. even considering lasting difficulty i think they are both very close. its not a big enough difference to make a fuss about. i hope the next game or even the dlc ups the difficulty immensely(or at least make it so you cant cheese so many of the enemies/bosses). as long as they make the difficulty based completely around the players ability i would not mind if they pushed the difficulty to unreal levels. imagine if playing through the game normally was as difficult as a sl1 playthrough.

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 pm

^^Glad someone else says the difficulty is extremely close.

I agree Dark Souls is just about harder, but not by much, I mean the style and gameplay in the games are extremely similar and made with the same idea of pure gameplay experience that would obviously mean they're both very hard.

Also Jason, I have no intention of using a sig like that, sig's for most people are too long/big to begin, let alone if everyone has pictures in them.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:45 pm

BoilerFan8472 wrote:I beat the gargoyles second try lol

No one on here will ever change their opinions sooo DEMON'S SOULS IS HARDER!!!!

It's not about opinions, it's about arguments. And the demons souls is harder arguments are better. winking which is harder - Page 3 2707236321
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Demon. For 1 reason, 1 word: Flamelurker
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:36 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

That's why anyone with half a brain lept of the top floor of the nexus every time they were human to avoid that problem.. rather simple solution lol

Do you think completely new players in 2009 knew that the first time they played the game?

That method of leaping from the top AND the fact that world tendencies go down when you die in body form AND the fact that darker world tendencies have more difficult enemies, black phantoms, AND less health in soul form?

While being in Body Form you get FULL HEALTH, in other words more health, that would make most players think Body Form is good, thus they try to keep it, and when they die, world tendency go down.

I'm very sure you played Demon's Souls blindly (not looked at the wiki), but you already played Dark Souls, IT'S NOT THE SAME EXPERIENCE.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:39 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Demon. For 1 reason, 1 word: Flamelurker

Allant too was a pain in the ***, and that soulsuck attack! It drained 1 LEVEL from you! And it did a lot of damage! If he hit you many times with it, you ended up being low level, and you would need to farm to level up again.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:22 am

Every single player claiming to not have had trouble with Flamelurker or that DeS 'was easy' is because they read wikis and looked at youtube videos beforehand. They will deny it but they're lying.

When I got DeS I wasn't aware of any wikis and I never even thought of looking up youtube. Arguing about a game's difficulty and then mentioning 'hyper mode' just proves my point. You READ ONLINE about hypermode just like you did about every other optimum set-up, strategy and glitch to beat the bosses.

Of course Flamelurker won't be hard if you're already aware of the gear you need, the strategy you should employ, how he moves, what his attacks and weaknesses are etc. Come on lol.

Some of us walked in to the bosses in Demon Souls without even knowing what was past the fog gate. If you actually did that you would NEVER claim that the bosses in Demon Souls are not hard. They are INCREDIBLY hard boss fights apart from the Dragon God (not a true boss fight) and the Old One.

Oh yeah sorry - 'just roll' lol. When you haven't memorised a bosses attacks from youtube videos you don't know the patterns and timing of the attacks yet, ergo, YOU DIE until you get to know them by ACTUALLY PLAYING, not reading and watching videos.

Of course the spoofers will claim they DID go in blind but they're just awesome players from beating Dark Souls or whatever. But that's simply BS.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 am

Demon's, for sure. It's kicking my ***.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:40 am