Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Looking for Monk's Head Collar

Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Looking for Monk's Head Collar Empty Looking for Monk's Head Collar

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:40 pm

I'm at my wits end. I've been trying to be summoned by the Old Monk for I have no idea how long and I'm getting nothing. I've tried on basically every soul level on several builds (currently at SL 176 with my most recent build) and have never been summoned by this boss. I wish to get this item before the servers shut down and (if it happens before they shut down) before the Dark Souls DLC comes. I have no idea if anyone is willing to trade but I'll offer any amount of ore that someone wants (I've gone farming a lot in my spare time when I get tired of waiting to be summoned by The Old Monk). So anyone willing to trade me one?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Looking for Monk's Head Collar Empty Re: Looking for Monk's Head Collar

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:00 pm

I have like 5 of those, SL 120.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I have like 5 of those, SL 120.

Really? I sat at SL 120 and never was summoned by the dang Old Monk. I'd ask if you could trade but looking up the calculation online I seem to be only able to summon SL from 145 to 197.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Yeah you are too high...hum. I recommend you lay down a blue sign at the Fool's Idol Archstone. Maybe you can catch a high level adventurer. Be sure to win!!!
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:26 pm

I've been sitting at the Fool's Idol Archstone and not getting any action. Guess I'm just really unlucky or everyone fights the boss offline anymore. Oh well I'll just keep trying.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:06 pm

I was always getting summoned by him at SL 40~50. I got very annoyed because I wanted coop/invasions lol.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Ya. Well have probably sat in the one spot for about three hours straight with nothing going on. Guess I'll just go work on upgrade trophies and try again later.

I was so excited once because I thought I was being summoned by the Old Monk and then it turned out I was just being summoned to co-op. Was a bit disappointing but we did kill the actuall player the Old Monk did summon. I just somewhat wished that this Monk Collar wasn't a PVP only gain item.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Make sure you're continually connected. I've noticed recently that I only seem to be connected to others for the first few minutes after I start playing, but at some random point after starting I stop seeing other messages/gray phantoms. If you're getting this too it would definitely have an impact on your ability to invade others. It will still say you can use the Eye Stones and such, but obviously if there's nobody else you're connected to they won't actually do anything. I usually check by seeing if I can lay messages or not. If I'm connected to anybody else, then it'll let me, but if not then hitting select won't bring up any menus.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Reaperfan wrote:Make sure you're continually connected. I've noticed recently that I only seem to be connected to others for the first few minutes after I start playing, but at some random point after starting I stop seeing other messages/gray phantoms. If you're getting this too it would definitely have an impact on your ability to invade others. It will still say you can use the Eye Stones and such, but obviously if there's nobody else you're connected to they won't actually do anything. I usually check by seeing if I can lay messages or not. If I'm connected to anybody else, then it'll let me, but if not then hitting select won't bring up any menus.

Really? I didn't know that. Guess that could be the problem since I have noticed that after awhile messages do stop and I don't see gray phantoms. I'll have to check in on it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am