Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Beast Wars idea

Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Beast Wars idea Empty Beast Wars idea

Post by Chaos Spectre Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:26 am

So, I was on netflix, and saw my childhood show that I would never forget, Beast Wars. As I was watching it, which happened to be after a LoL match, a thought came to my head and, while we don't need more of them, it could be legitimately awesome.

What if we had a MOBA Beast Wars?

The creeps are all Vehicon drones editted for both ides, while the champions are all transformers from each side. Jungle creeps are random animals from the series, and the inhibitors and core are made of energon that the other team must destroy. Every transformer would have 9 abilities, 4 per form, and 1 ability to transform. Like the show, while in robot form, they could suffer a penalty over time, and while in animal form, they gain a specific bonus based on the animal.

Honestly, I think this could be somethig cool and heavily nostalgic. What do you guys think?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Beast Wars idea Empty Re: Beast Wars idea

Post by Reaperfan Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:55 am

EDIT: Wow, I just kinda started talking and didn't stop...sorry for the incoming wall of text lol!

I was never into Beast Wars as a kid honestly, though watching it with my roommate (who was real heavily nostalgic for it) I definitely noticed the strong "this was an awesome show for kids in the 90's" vibe. I was hung up on DBZ though winking

It would be an interesting take on the MOBA, taking it out of fantasy settings and into furturistic/sci-fi settings, but the problem I'm seeing more comes from the balancing aspect of it. If you do a Transformers-style, then certain characters would be restricted to certain teams. It wouldn't make sense in the internal mythos of the world to be able to put Optimus and Megatron on the same team, and this separation limits the variety of teams you could build, whereas despite their differences it's very possible for a Demacian and a Noxian to be on a team together.

Another thing would be the individual characters themselves. With two whole movesets a piece, it would be very difficult to assign certain characters specific roles. The reason Nidalee works is because she's the only character with this capability resulting in her specialization coming directly from the shapeshifting, and while gaining the ability to perform in any kind of combat because of her multiple movesets she loses out on having a true Ultimate as a way to compensate.

If you spread this duality across the board it either will result in redundant skills being shoehorned in in order to keep characters specialized, or every character being capable of most anything taking away much of the strategy from building a team. I can see this concept being used well in a team fighting game like Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Street Fighter x Tekken, with the two forms functioning as the two "teammates" in a match, but in a MOBA I find it hard to imagine it being put in effectively.

That all said, it does seem like a really cool concept, and while I feel it would be tough to execute well, if someone did it then I would definitely be interested. I've actually always wanted League of Legends to have a kind of "sanction" mode where each team picks a nation and then can only pick champions of that nation in a kind of war happy
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:07 pm

THat last part would be really cool, the war idea. WOuld be cool if they put a kind of conquest mode where noxus and demacia push each other in war in order to take over territory in the world.

But yeah, I see what your saying. Would be hard, but with the right kind of dedicated team, it might be possible. If only I had my damn degree already and could start the game company I want to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 am