Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
RANT
Forum Pirate
JoeBroski09
FruitPunchNinja
Shakie666
cloudyeki
EmoElmos
11 posters

Some one please explain faith for me.

EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Some one please explain faith for me. Empty Some one please explain faith for me.

Post by EmoElmos Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Okay, so I never have understood the appeal of faith, now other then WOG there just doesn't seem to be much going for it. The weapons aren't as good as some of the Int ones(IMO), and the divine/occult weapons just don't seem as good as other elemental or magical weapons. I mean the Lemon buff is good and so is TWOP, but other then that I just don't get it. I'm not trying to belittle it as a stat or anything, I just have never really seen it as a viable area, can some one please enlighten me about it?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Some one please explain faith for me. Empty Re: Some one please explain faith for me.

Post by cloudyeki Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Faith increases your chances to survive. Think about it, the only damaging miracles are WoG, Emit Force and the lightning spears. It has 2 of the best buffs, all the healing spells, spells to get more breathing room, and spells that limit everyone in the area.

I never bothered using faith, because I always see it as an easy way out in real pvp.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Some one please explain faith for me. Empty Re: Some one please explain faith for me.

Post by Shakie666 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:28 pm

From what i gather, faith is much more useful in pvp than intelligence, mainly because of WoG, and occasionally TWoP. Thing is with sorceries is that even if its the worst lagfest imaginable, dodging them is still trivial unless you get caught in a narrow passageway/corridor. Also, hardly anyone goes with divine/occult in pvp, its either elemental or (more usually) normal +15 with either sunlight blade or darkmoon blade, both of which are quite a bit more powerful than any other weapon buffs.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:29 pm

honestly just wrath of gods and darkmoon/sunlight blade make faith builds extremely viable for pvp. then theres twop,emit force,great magic barrier, and they are all very useful if used correctly. but its pretty much all about dmb+3 and wrath of god. also being in the darkmoon blade covenant allows you to invade lower lvls, meaning you can make a sl200 build and invade sl120s. i personally just dont like faith builds, i dont even do good with them so i cant say they are overpowerd. i just cant bring myself to stack 3 casts of wrath(everyone seems to do that these days).

personally i think wrath of god should be kept how it is, but you should only be allowed to get it once(3 casts). and dmb should not be able to be upgraded(were they thinking when they decided that :|). having a fast aoe attack that does decent dmg(in every direction) and the most powerful buff in the game is just hard to pass up for some people. i seriously just dont even take the people who have more then 6 casts of wrath seriously, they are a joke imo. no offense to anyone who plays like that. well actually that was kinda talking badly about them silly
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:38 pm

hmmm did not know Lemon and Dark moon where the best, I personally have loved int for PVP, mainly to CSS people who flask. As a invader in the forest I see a lot of WOG, but I have never seen it as Op due to being able to roll through it. But with spells like Emit force the cast time is long enough to leave yourself open in PVP. As for healing I personally don't in the game for pvp, prefer to just give it the old college try and if I die, oh well part of the game.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:39 pm

^ I once dodged 11 casts of WoG... He killed me with the 12th. >.> It's not super over powered, but having so many can really make it frustrating. Even spells like GC can be easily countered by a simple roll. WoG is such a fast cast. GC is like "let me just put my hand behind your shield here and ignite some fire. 'Xcuse me." While WoG is like "SURPRISE! AHAHAHAHAHAH! SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!" lol!

Faith should mainly be about healing, which is awesome to have as a sunbro. I think there should be high level helpers with awesome healing spells that help heal other people. Heck, I wonder how a 2v2 league would fair when one player can be a tank and the other can be a healer. It's like actually having a role would work. And a healer would belong.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:43 pm

Princess Guard covenant, joe. They have party healing spells, just like that cleric guy in the forest.

I only have faith so I can use the DSS and GSoA to their full strength. Otherwise I would leave it as is.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:46 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Princess Guard covenant, joe. They have party healing spells, just like that cleric guy in the forest.

I only have faith so I can use the DSS and GSoA to their full strength. Otherwise I would leave it as is.
    I know they HAVE it. There's just no use for it, at the moment.
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:53 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:^ I once dodged 11 casts of WoG... He killed me with the 12th. >.>

Story of my life bro. Worse is when you fight two people with 12 cast of it... rough night
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:54 pm

EmoElmos wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:^ I once dodged 11 casts of WoG... He killed me with the 12th. >.>

Story of my life bro. Worse is when you fight two people with 12 cast of it... rough night
    Oh yeah... And around the roots sprouting out around Quelaag's domain.. I get around and try to get distance from the summons, and then the WoG's rain down...
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:00 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    EmoElmos wrote:

Oh yeah... And around the roots sprouting out around Quelaag's domain.. I get around and try to get distance from the summons, and then the WoG's rain down...

Haven't tried PVP in Quelaag's place, is it good? And look on the bright side, if they were smart, they'd be shooting poison arrows at you.Instead they just give off their position with a giant cloud of white
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Faith was about healing in demons. Everyone wouldn't shut up about how broken it was. Didn't stop me using it most of the time. Faith in dks changed so much because all the non-faith players constantly ***** about the stacked regen, despite the damage sacrifice necessary.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:02 pm

the buffs are awesome, i like slb the most and wog is really good against parry spammer, roll wog when theyre trying to parry is pretty awesome, int is better for invasions since for duels is SO easy to dodge unless your opponent has really good timing which is hard to do(lag will help them ALOT though).
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:05 pm

So basically, people use faith for the awesome buffs, to heal, and to spam WOG? Makes sense. Probably won't use a faith build due to not liking the style but now have some other perspectives.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:07 pm

EmoElmos wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    EmoElmos wrote:

Haven't tried PVP in Quelaag's place, is it good? And look on the bright side, if they were smart, they'd be shooting poison arrows at you.Instead they just give off their position with a giant cloud of white
    It's a player covenant thing. It's pretty fun if they're coming to me. If they're hiding... *sigh* and pvping anywhere other than that and the arena behind the bonfire is so annoying with the fps lag as well as PvP lag. But quelaag's domain is really fun to PvP in. All these obstacles to maneuver and use. It really adds a new twist. Unless they WoG through the roots... hahahaha!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:08 pm

EmoElmos wrote:So basically, people use faith for the awesome buffs, to heal, and to spam WOG? Makes sense. Probably won't use a faith build due to not liking the style but now have some other perspectives.

that's like saying people us eint for CMW, CSS and HCSM. theres a lot of ways to use miracles and sorcery but most people tend to go with the easiest strategy.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:20 pm

As an example faith works exceedingly well as a defensive aid. GMB cuts magic damage by 80% essentially ruining mages for the duration, twop cripples the roll pokers and allows you to strike the dodgy jerks, wog and force are also great for getting to roll pokers and stopping bs attempts, vow of silence stops all casting, karmic justice is actually good for punishing r1 spamming with lighter weapons because it will demolish them if they spam during its duration, the varying healing options.

With the exception of the weapon buffs, Faith is more about defence than offence. Its not used that way most of the time, but a clever Warrior cleric is neigh indestructable a lot of the time.
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:25 pm

hm, well it actually sounds very interesting of a group of spells, like other things in this game. If it works of you great, everyone can make there own build. I really want to meet a warrior cleric out there eventually to see how it is played
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Only thing I can say is that I made a "paladin" that joined the princess guard covenant, he is just for fun but damn, I do have fun with that toon.. Running around healing my hosts is a funny objective big grin
    I'm not only using the healing magics but also buffing my hosts with the trident happy
    So first I cast the regeneration for them, then buff them up, and at bossfights, I try sneak close to them and use the healing miracle happy

Really fun when it works and the hosts acctually understands what I'm doing happy
    There is people who have bowed to me after getting healed and buffed, and people who runs back to me when they need a Re-buff and stuffs like that happy
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Kaminari wrote:Only thing I can say is that I made a "paladin" that joined the princess guard covenant, he is just for fun but damn, I do have fun with that toon.. Running around healing my hosts is a funny objective big grin
    I'm not only using the healing magics but also buffing my hosts with the trident happy
    So first I cast the regeneration for them, then buff them up, and at bossfights, I try sneak close to them and use the healing miracle happy

Really fun when it works and the hosts acctually understands what I'm doing happy
    There is people who have bowed to me after getting healed and buffed, and people who runs back to me when they need a Re-buff and stuffs like that happy
    Ahh. I want to do this XD. I always choose to be the healer when I play games with my friends. Either that or tank. tanking is a bit more viable in Dark Souls, I thought. But it seems healing's a great idea XD
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:32 pm

The trick is letting them make the firs move and paying close attention to gear, If you cast the right defence, backstabs, pyros and lightning are your only big worry for the first minute of the fight, giving you a massive advantage against invaders or bosses. If you cast the wrong defence, buy time to cast the appropriate defence, cast great heal, and begin again. It isn't easy to play, but you have an answer for almost everything.
    Sparda
    Sparda
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sparda Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:40 pm

All the things noted above are good ideas. The Greal Lightning Spear is pretty good, and the heal spell(if your Faith is around mid 30's) will heal as much as an Estus Flask+3 or 4. That's quite important in my opinion. Faith also becomes useful when used with the Grant. Have decent strength and good faith(lulz) in the weapon and you have WoG, and a high damaging weapon in one. Personally, I prefer miracles over these danged sorcerers. No offense big grin
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:21 pm

haha none taken, personal preference, after getting whooped by faith builds and int builds, and any build before its hard to say any one thing is bad in this game, just not my cup of tea happy
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:26 pm

With Faith you can essential be a jedi preist, nough said.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 am

It's not only about PVP. Faith is very useful in many ways, most already stated above. The lightning spears just crush Quelaag and Seath the Scaleless just to name an example.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:05 am