Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Owl
TheBigLebowski
Ghadis_God
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
BLA1NE
User
Delvanoc
OcelotRigz
Serious_Much
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Blazalin
DoughGuy
RANT
19 posters

I hate you dark souls

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

I hate you dark souls - Page 2 Empty Re: I hate you dark souls

Post by RANT Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:12 am

she used to be a gamer, but now she'd rather work out than play with me, they only game i've gotten to play with me for more than ten mins is bomberman ultra(awesome game btw, specialy when drunk)
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:28 am

RantFromRant wrote:i actually havent bought anything since dark souls, my wife was the one tha bought wkc2 becasue she said she was sick of watching me play the same game all the time lol, she wanted me to play a more colorful game so she got me wkc2.
    Oh, can't wait for Ni No Kuni--that'll be a magical, colorful game!
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 am

Wait, the American DS servers got shut down? Why do I see messages and other players running around then. :|

Anyway, I feel the same, OP. I just can't look at other action rpg games the same way I look at the Souls series. So I just went to another genre. silly
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:23 am

The servers have been extended indefinitely! I have been playing the past few hours (since I finally got my own PS3) and I can assure you, the online is working just fine! So there you go‚ problem solved, go play you some Demon's Souls! lol!

Last edited by BackwardsBaboon on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:58 am

I think it's ruined RPGs for me too, but I prefer to take a break with Skyrim sometimes, where life is easy and nothing can really kill you unless you let it. Then Skyrim's shortcomings eventually make me yearn for movesets and builds and player skill meaning something, and I come back to DkS.

I might get Dragon's Dogma where being a pure archer actually works, and I heard it has challenge, but only the kind where "enemy in area I'm not supposed to go to is statistically too powerful for me to defeat", which is boring.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Yes; if I ever see Dragon's Dogma somewhere, I may rent it. I just don't trust Capcom anymore (the Kings of Arbitrary Situations) and DD's appeal to the MMO style.

That said, I do enjoy sometimes not having to fear for my life when I face any single enemy. silly
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Have you tried Dragon's Dogma?

Good game, nice reviews. Have it myself, but I keep getting back to dark souls, not because DD is bad, but I miss the online intertwined with Dark Souls. Coop and PvP both. But DD is a really good game.
    Owl
    Owl
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Owl Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Demon's/Dark Souls haven't just ruined RPG's for me. They've ruined almost all other games for me.

My play sessions with other games are often filled with heavy sighs and a look of disappointment in my eyes. I look like the girl during the gray-scale depressing part of a tampon commercial.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:07 pm

^So you're a girl huh? winking Hahahah!...

Anyway.. I completely stopped playing all other games at home. I just don't play anything but dark souls. I don't have too much time anyway, but I just stopped playing video games with my friends unless we're all just hanging out, then we'll play some other random game. But I stopped playing TF2, TERA, FIFA, etc.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:57 pm

i ended up playing dark souls again last night, but im pretty determined to take a break. I was having trouble staying with any other games so i decided to play my other favorite franchise(metal gear solid). i am going to try and get the highest rank i can in mgs1 and then attempt to 100% mgs2+3(hd collection). so far metal gear solid has kept my attention nicely, but i do still go "hmmm that would be a cool build" and jump onto mugenmonkey. i think i need to take a break from the forums and the game, but thats too hard sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUQY6RHrtbs

maybe this will inspire you to play some metal gear. its a speed run where the person gets that highest rank possible(big boss, on extreme difficulty) its insane.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Despite the fact I've come back to Dark Souls, I'm still managing to play other things.. For instance I just bought Max Payne (The original), and I'm having a really good time with it.

I think to take a break from dark souls, you need to play games that are either from a different generation or different genre/setting. Luckily there's plenty of games with both of these big grin
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:02 pm

I think the only game that would be able to take me out of dks would be kh3, or for some reason a racing game. I suck ao bad at those. I actually used to hate them with a passion. Then my friend had me play his and it was the main thing we did, trading the controller off. I havent played any by myself, but for some reason, it seems really appealing to me. Maybe its cause im getting my rpg thirst from dks.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:53 pm

I just can't seem to get enough coop/pvp. Also, has anyone else noticed an uptick in players since the DLC announcement? I'm on PS3 and getting faster summons now than I have in months. And many seem to be newer players.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:I think the only game that would be able to take me out of dks would be kh3, or for some reason a racing game. I suck ao bad at those. I actually used to hate them with a passion. Then my friend had me play his and it was the main thing we did, trading the controller off. I havent played any by myself, but for some reason, it seems really appealing to me. Maybe its cause im getting my rpg thirst from dks.

kingdom hearts? i have no idea why those games are so popular, i personally think they sucked. but i will go back to playing older games since the new games feel so hollow.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm

I agree with Serious, try another genre. Dead Space 2 did wonders for me.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:07 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:I think the only game that would be able to take me out of dks would be kh3, or for some reason a racing game. I suck ao bad at those. I actually used to hate them with a passion. Then my friend had me play his and it was the main thing we did, trading the controller off. I havent played any by myself, but for some reason, it seems really appealing to me. Maybe its cause im getting my rpg thirst from dks.

kingdom hearts? i have no idea why those games are so popular, i personally think they sucked. but i will go back to playing older games since the new games feel so hollow.
    The first one is amazing for a 11 year old kid going into puberty and has as much of a romance drive as any girl out there. And then seeing the friendship and relationships I wish I had in the game... The gameplay was ok, but the story got me hooked. KH2 had WAY better gameplay, and the storyline was nearly as good. I just got hooked from the storyline. It just connected with me. Still does. What can I say? I'm a sap for best friends and relationships that you wish could happen but simply won't.
    OcelotRigz
    OcelotRigz

Post by OcelotRigz Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:22 pm

I loved Kingdom Hearts, for similar reasons to Joe above. I played it when i was young and it was the 2nd game, 1st being MGS1, that i got completely absorbed by the story. I reckon it was that and MGS that started the admiration i have for games with strong stories and characters.

I didnt do a ng+ in Demons Souls, as i was too eager to play Dar Souls, but i plan to do one with this. Although i will be getting Close Quarters DLC for BF3 soon and me and a friend plan to get stuck into that for a while. Cant see myself playing another single-player game till Hitman or a few other big fall games comes or, if we're lucky, GTAV but that'll most likely be Spring.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:23 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:i ended up playing dark souls again last night, but im pretty determined to take a break. I was having trouble staying with any other games so i decided to play my other favorite franchise(metal gear solid). i am going to try and get the highest rank i can in mgs1 and then attempt to 100% mgs2+3(hd collection). so far metal gear solid has kept my attention nicely, but i do still go "hmmm that would be a cool build" and jump onto mugenmonkey. i think i need to take a break from the forums and the game, but thats too hard sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUQY6RHrtbs

maybe this will inspire you to play some metal gear. its a speed run where the person gets that highest rank possible(big boss, on extreme difficulty) its insane.
    I hate to say this, but... it's a Tool-Assisted run. Since thinking up speed runs for Dark Souls, I've become a little fascinated with speed runs for all games, and what I've learned is a little disenchanting. While being "legit", in the speed running community, most runs are either segmented or Tool Assisted (TAS).

This is rather long and off-topic, so I'll put it in spoiler-tags. If you'd like to learn more about speed runs, read the spoiler!

Spoiler:
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 pm

befowler wrote:I just can't seem to get enough coop/pvp. Also, has anyone else noticed an uptick in players since the DLC announcement? I'm on PS3 and getting faster summons now than I have in months. And many seem to be newer players.

Wally world dropped their price to 39.95 a while back. I noticed more summons just after.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Azran wrote:I agree with Serious, try another genre. Dead Space 2 did wonders for me.

I love how sometimes the posts reiterating what someone else has said are the ones that get the rep silly
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:10 am

It just gave me memories of dead space. I hope to play #3
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:26 am

the new footage of dead space 3 looked awesome(too similar to lost planet though) i might get it when it comes out.
    @joe the story was one of the reason i didnt like it but that's just me, squarenix has been putting out average games for years and i just dont trust them with games anymore, they killed final fantasy a long time ago.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:47 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    Azran wrote:I agree with Serious, try another genre. Dead Space 2 did wonders for me.

I love how sometimes the posts reiterating what someone else has said are the ones that get the rep silly

I'm the Wikipedia of Reputation. I quote others, I get the rep!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:52 am

^Bravo, Azran. Bravo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:05 am