Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
sonofartorias
Rin
GkMrBane
NPCWhiteMage
ARSP
nsane32
Forum Pirate
KomradDakka
billy_bayonet
ViralEnsign_
Xacktastic
sinisterapathy
Spurgun
User
Yarxov
skarekrow13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
SlakeMoth
dancash1808
Dr. Demento
Serious_Much
SunlightCrusader
Baldor Ostarv
LordRevan
DoughGuy
Tolvo
30 posters

The Elder Scrolls

SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Elder Scrolls - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:21 am

*Sigh* I'm just sad I won't be able to play Elder Scrolls Online; I have no computer suited to PC gaming.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:26 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:*Sigh* I'm just sad I won't be able to play Elder Scrolls Online; I have no computer suited to PC gaming.

I easily could... but I dislike MMORPG's waste so much money on them. I just want to be able to buy my game. Play it when I want to, and stop playing when I want to. Not buy a month of allocation to play a game I have already payed for.
    Dr. Demento
    Dr. Demento
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dr. Demento Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:38 am

They should make one that is the whole world..Nirn I think its called. I believe daggerfall was like this but super buggy.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:48 am

Elder Scrolls Online will be sort of like that I think.
    Dr. Demento
    Dr. Demento
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dr. Demento Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:50 am

Ya, unfortunetly my computer would explode if I brought that game into my house sooo...no big chance of me playing that.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:52 am

Ha I'm in the same boat man. My computer would seriously just die on me.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:53 am

For a good guy sunlight seems to like molag baal an awful lot. Discuss:
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:05 am

Hooray for Tolvo! I was beginning to think I was the only one on here who liked The Elder Scrolls games. Not surprising really when you read some of the hate mail directed at them, Skyrim in particular.

I've only played Morrowind, Oblivion and I'm currently playing Skyrim. I played as a Dark Elf Battlemage in Morrowind & Oblivion but am playing as in Imperial in Skyrim because, no matter how I tried I couldn't make my Dark Elf character look the way I wanted (vanity, vanity, all is vanity).

I love them all but I wish the developer hadn't gone down the same route in Skyrim as they did in Fallout New Vegas. i.e. too many factions. I'm still deciding whether to go with The Stormcloaks or The Imperials in Skyrim, either way I miss playing part of the game. I liked Oblivion because it had ONE main quest line. I also don't like the way the've disbanded the various guilds in Skyrim. I guess that makes me a boring old traditionalist. Guilty as charged mi'lud.

As for the new DLC. I'll wait and see but it seems to me Bethesda are just trying to get on the Vampire bandwagon. You know all that 'Twilight' nonsense and such.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:15 am

Skyrim just had a backlash because it was so successful...
    although by no means interpret that as me not having problems with it I do but regardless.
    also slake are there not lots of guild eque teams, they tried to give them more flavor in skyrim but generally
    companions= fighters
    college= mages
    thieves = thieves.
    And I disagree about the DLC. Vampires are a fairly consistent thing in TES and that fad was over as far as I knew. (Not to mention there was some damn cool lore about vampires in oblivion about the ones in other regions!)
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:27 am

As far as I can tell they are trying to give vamps the glory they had in morrowind where there wer vamp clans with unique skill boosts and such.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:46 am

Good big grin I feel vampire's should be at least as complex as the difference between races.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:56 am

I just hope that they add some balancing elements to the new vamp stuff. If the vamp lords don't have any weaknesses then Bethesda just broke the game but as long as they do have a weakness or two it should be alright. I for one will remain human and one who hates abominations at that.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:00 am

I like Dunmer and Altmers.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:17 am

I always play as a kitty cat although I have been dismayed at the tinkering with the night eye power after Morrowind. That was super useful and now it's not much better than darkness. I hope the next game is in Elseweyr so I can stop getting racial slurs directed at me finally (one of my favorite game mechanics actually is that the game reacts to your race).

I think the games have a lot of strengths and really enjoy them. The quests are linear but with the sheer number it's hard to make a significant number intersect appropriately. I know in Morrowind and more so Oblivion I would occasionally get broken quests thanks to exploring in places I "shouldn't be" at yet. For instance.....what the hell do I do with those large potatoes in Oblivion? I suppose I could look it up but what the frack man! I can see the point that it doesn't seem like a "living world" as a result of this though. A good solution would be less quests but higher quality. I would be for this.

Apart from graphics anomalies (scaling mountains using jump mechanics = holes in boulders for instance) the games are beautiful. I bought a 360 just for Oblivion and played a few games prior to release. I remember finding a bridge that overlooked the capital and just stood there for a bit. The draw in details and everything were spectacular for any game let alone one of that size. Skyrim is very similar and does some things even better. Water physics aren't perfect but I like getting swept downstream if I decide waterfall jumping is a good idea (happens a lot). For a game it's size the water detail is gorgeous as well. Some mountains and cliff actually make me skeptical if I can climb up or down them and looking at the range in the distance can give a nice sense of being small.

The only thing that gets me is the AI "quirks" and some combat elements. Skyrim is much better than Oblivion combat wise. The dual wielding is meh but at least it's there. There's better reason to two hand now and I like the weapon upgrades in addition to enchantments. It bothers me though that a dragon won't land to attack you in a clearing unless it's "their" clearing though. Or that the guy who is modeled after the Pied Piper is WAAAAAAAY harder to kill than a big fire breathing elder dragon.

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:31 am

Sunlight, I am unsure how it worked in morrowind but being a vampire in oblivion was very give and take, sunlight damage fire vulnerability on sight hostility.... No I think that TES are tough enough on vamps...
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Yeah in Oblivion you had one day of no sunlight damage, sleep once and that takes effect, sleep again and your power grows but you take more damage, sleep once more (iirc) and people don't like you anymore.

Fairly similar in Skyrim, I miss the vampire dreams though.

Funny story: On my Vamp battlemage I fast traveled to Westrun and when I arrived I entered stage 4 of vamirism (when people are hostile) The only thing that happened though is the townspeople became hostile. Normal right? wrong. JUST the townspeople. The guards stayed friendly.. So I was greeted with a massacre, I remember seeing a hostile woman try to run only to get shot in the back by the guards who swore to protect her. O.O
    The guards cleaned house, all nonessential NPCs that were outside got chopped down. Eventually I just wen along with it, leading the guards around inside houses to do the dirty work. Then I fought the guards myself. Thereby cleansing whiterun of all but 3 NPCs (except children, and except the Cloud district, I wasn't even level 20 so there was too much there, between the masses of guards and the many, many essential NPCs)

On the bright side I leveled up from 12-18 big grin

Biggest WTF ever. pretty damn awesome though. big grin
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Assuming this is the beta... right? silly sounds fun big grin
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:03 pm

No that was the actual game lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Orcs are the best; High elves are the worst; Cats are the cannon fodder.

Picking Flowers, Chopping animals and people with daggers and axes, Resscuing and Killing people; Sounds like Red Dead Redemption.

Brought to you by Acidic Cook, or AKA The Red Orc.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Don't mock the Kats! We are tricky, yes. We slip daggers in your ribs when you sleep!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Acidic, I challenge you to a bar room brawl in total darkness. What with my insane damage bonus for unarmed combat and nightvision! You're an in game NPC right? Since there's no online play.....
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:20 pm

I wish they hand unarmed combat in Skyrim as a skill. *** remove it was a disappointment; Unable to make spells is a disappointment

Ow really, Skare? lol

My orc will beat the crap out of you with only white linen pants, fur gloves, and nothing else. When I go to a friend's place, all I do is that, when it is my turn, I travel around the world punching stuff. Deadra, Deer, Legion, everything.

When I am playing seriously, all I do is go across the world collecting aylied, plants, and other treasures. I also make it so that my unarmed character has restoration, destruction, and alteration spells (willpower FTW). Of course, all the spells are either self or touch, never target.

My space sign was always Antorach... so when i had 700 aylied crystals, I have a good amount of mana, close to over infinite.

In skyrim, I just get a nord battleaxe and Iron/Special Iron Armour. I wish that the armour pieces were more expansive. Skyrim does not do well for me. 😢.

I never did missions, because the stories in eldar scrolls is dis-interesting. All I do is travel across the world, collect, and build my own character.

The only things I wish, what I wish the most, is for me to become a lich. Seriously.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:24 pm

I miss levitation from Morrowind still. Is there treasure up there at the top of that pillar/building/cave/cloud? I guess I'll never know now.

Oh yeah....HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY KITTY CAT? The time for purring is past. The time for blood and weirdly tinted points of view are upon us!
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:29 pm

My Kitty will have the heaviest gauntlets with the Heavy armor unarmed skill twisted
    Tonight we scratch them to hell!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Indeed. We have the coolest beards too.

And somehow....I shall have weightless heavy armor in which I can comfortable sneak while running!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:50 am