Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
sonofartorias
Rin
GkMrBane
NPCWhiteMage
ARSP
nsane32
Forum Pirate
KomradDakka
billy_bayonet
ViralEnsign_
Xacktastic
sinisterapathy
Spurgun
User
Yarxov
skarekrow13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
SlakeMoth
dancash1808
Dr. Demento
Serious_Much
SunlightCrusader
Baldor Ostarv
LordRevan
DoughGuy
Tolvo
30 posters

The Elder Scrolls

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Elder Scrolls - Page 18 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Its extremely dynamic. It has to keep track of the random animals you've killed, dungons you've raided, random crap you moved 2 feet, who you've talked to, what you've said, whos alive or dead, and determine the state of the world to load it properly. Thats a lot for a console to do. It might not be dynamic in a big way, but its dynamic in a ton of small ways, and they suck processing power quickly when they add up. Thats going to increase load times.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:It has to keep track of the random crap you moved 2 feet

lol.

I actually dropped a Longbow of mine on the steps of Dragonsreach at the beginning of my adventure and it always was there, in the same spot for the rest of my game. No one seemed to notice or care that there was a perfectly fine bow just lying down there for the taking. lol!
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Its extremely dynamic. It has to keep track of the random animals you've killed, dungons you've raided, random crap you moved 2 feet, who you've talked to, what you've said, whos alive or dead, and determine the state of the world to load it properly. Thats a lot for a console to do. It might not be dynamic in a big way, but its dynamic in a ton of small ways, and they suck processing power quickly when they add up. Thats going to increase load times.

Ok, maybe in that way, but as a whole the skyrim world sucks. I became the archmage of winterhold (despite only knowing the entry spell) and the first NPC I passed outside of winterhold told me "If you want to learn magic try the college of winterhold." That's pretty much when I stopped playing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:16 pm

I imagine people would complain a lot more if they couldn't do the Winterhold quest tree, feeling angry for being locked out of content for playing their way.

Though yeah, the NPC's not recognizing your feats does get a bit grating after a while.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Tolvo wrote:I imagine people would complain a lot more if they couldn't do the Winterhold quest tree, feeling angry for being locked out of content for playing their way.

Though yeah, the NPC's not recognizing your feats does get a bit grating after a while.

Well, I think it would be better if you could only do the guild quests of the type of character you were using. It ruins the immersion when you can be both the archmage, and the leader of the companions, and the master thief dark brotherhood assassin truehighking of skyrim and the legendary drago born, all at once. But yes, you're quite correct. People would get annoyed, the kind of people who skyrim tried to appeal to.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:24 pm

That's why I just don't do the quests if it doesn't fit the character, hell if I play an assassin I find myself rather just wandering around killing things rather than doing the majority of the quests. I can't even tell you the last time I got my Thu'um on a character.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:36 pm

What hacks me off most in all the Elder Scrolls games is that you can be head honcho of every faction but when you walk out the door do you get any respect? NO! Scruffy kids, guards,even winos in the pub treat you like you just crawled out from under a rock. Not good enough! I want flowers thrown at my feet, bowing and scraping but most of all I want to be able to shout 'OFF WITH THEIR HEAD' to anyone who displeases me IN ANY WAY!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:37 pm

"Ah hello there town's folk, why don't we....Did you just say you're not impressed with my fancy magic? Fancy magic this!"
    *Blow up the town*

It's designed for most gamers, but not all of us sadly.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:05 pm

I love how you are supposed to be the biggest thing around, but people still send you on fetch quests.

Also, becoming Grandmaster of the Mage College while knowing 5 spells.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm angry at the lack of Orc representation in the game! It definitely needed many many more!

Here's to hoping the next game is in a more exotic location.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 pm

Too many NPCs are unkillable on Skyrim. That makes me a sad panda.

It's like someone on Bethesda got a fetish for turning on "Essential" flags. If I remember correctly, you could screw yourself over in Morrowind.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:58 pm

I got really annoyed with Skyrim because of one main thing, the followers are so uninteresting. In their Fallout Games I enjoy some of the followers. Having Boone with me as I learn about his history with his wife, Raul's history surviving the end of the world, Fawkes and his philosophy. I went into Skyrim thinking, "Oh man I can't wait to see the personality of my Nords, and Argonian Followers! I hope I find an Orc that wants to kill everything!"

I instead get...Lydia who just is a bit whiny. Or Faelel...Or whatever that wood elf at the start is with his...Nothingness. That was the worst part of Skyrim to me.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:41 am

not to be random or interupt anything, but the dumbest thing just happened in my game...

so I am level 3 and take the carrage to riften. when I enter riften, I take a few steps forward (waiting for the autosave to finish so i can manually save) all of a sudden saphire and maul go awall and just attack a curiour walking through the gate, gaurds come and beat the crap out of them, and while S&M (lol that worked out well) crawled away, the guards just leaned back against the wall, until the 2 got up again, then jumped them again. rinse. repeat. It was histarical to say the least, I have not laughed like that in a long time
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:43 am

Happened to me before, but it cost me a quest because they killed the non-essential quest giver. D:
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:44 am

Roll on Fallout 4! I just loved Fallout 3. I wish Bethesda had put their resources into making number 4 instead of Skyrim which is, in my humble opinion a pretty boring place. Didn't care too much for New Vegas. Too many cooks spoiling the broth.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:02 am

Man, Diablo 3 followers have more interesting banter than Skyrim's. I'm also spoiled by Dark Souls though, so I'd be okay if the only thing my follower did was laugh at me and tell me to jump off a cliff when I don't take his advice.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:19 pm

https://youtu.be/SLp0ykvotEI

I figured people might be interested in this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:52 am