Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
sonofartorias
Rin
GkMrBane
NPCWhiteMage
ARSP
nsane32
Forum Pirate
KomradDakka
billy_bayonet
ViralEnsign_
Xacktastic
sinisterapathy
Spurgun
User
Yarxov
skarekrow13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
SlakeMoth
dancash1808
Dr. Demento
Serious_Much
SunlightCrusader
Baldor Ostarv
LordRevan
DoughGuy
Tolvo
30 posters

The Elder Scrolls

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

The Elder Scrolls - Page 16 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:08 pm

In regards to the old topic of the MMO, it is sort of throwing lore out the window. Arognians, Dunmer, and Nords are one of the factions. Three races that would never ever be together. Another is Khajiit, Bosmer, and Altmer. Which is what the current Dominion is made of, except that was a recent thing in the lore. During the time period that the MMO takes place in, the Cats are violent enemies of the Dominion, and at this point the Bsomer pretty much were independent. The also currently don't think they can even put the Thieves guild in game, as well they are basing it off of World of Warcraft heavily, redoing the world to reflect more of high fantasy, as well certain areas they don't plan on having at launch, such as the Black Marsh. I mean, Akavir being an expansion I get, but Black Marsh?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:07 pm

not necessarily. The aldmeri was mentioned to exist some time after the mmo is set, it could well have exsisted during the mmos time period, and faced with the dominion and the ebonheart pact the remaining species would have no choice but to ally or they'd be destroyed when they were inevitaby invaded to secure resources or a tactical advantage
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:06 am

I think the landscapes will be the most disappointing, going from seeing Skyrim as it is to the dreadful MMO stylings?...eh..
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:01 am

Yarxov wrote:I think the landscapes will be the most disappointing, going from seeing Skyrim as it is to the dreadful MMO stylings?...eh..

I dont thnk it will be too far off from Skyrim, when skyrim was created, they had pretty much have Tamerial fully modeled minus the props and buildings and such
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:04 am

Looking at the pics its nothing like it, its more of an in between oblivion and skyrim. still acceptable but I wont like going to Skyrim at all.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:11 am

The time period in which it takes place two of the factions would all be at war within their own factions. As well they've released that the Empire is not playable, in fact it isn't around. Tamriel is a PvP zone where you fight for control of the Imperial City. Flat out, the lore for it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm sort of wondering if it will be like Star Wars Galaxies after the change, where it just isn't canon and designed to be entertaining.

As well, the game is mostly going to be about fighting Molag Baal, as he tries to invade Tamriel a la ES4 Oblivion.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:37 am

Tolvo wrote:The time period in which it takes place two of the factions would all be at war within their own factions. As well they've released that the Empire is not playable, in fact it isn't around. Tamriel is a PvP zone where you fight for control of the Imperial City. Flat out, the lore for it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm sort of wondering if it will be like Star Wars Galaxies after the change, where it just isn't canon and designed to be entertaining.

As well, the game is mostly going to be about fighting Molag Baal, as he tries to invade Tamriel a la ES4 Oblivion.

The Ebonheart Pact is specifically described as being an alliance of those who have always been at war and really have no choice but to ally for survival. No lore problem there. Now I don't know the exact date but the Aldmeri Dominion was consolidated with the Bosmer, Khajiit, and Altmer sometime before the Great War following the reappearance of the moons. I believe the dates probably do agree with each other; Bethesda isn't stupid. The empire is the main antagonist npc faction as the are necromancy corrupted which is why they are specifically not playable. They cut a deal with lord of necromancers, king of worms Mannimarco who fueled their war effort with undead but Mannimarco cut a deal with Molag Bal to drag Tamriel into Coldharbour. It's convoluted but I don't thinki the lore is wrong or contradictory.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:22 am

Argonians, the race that literally believe in grudges over their own survival, working with their slavers. Nords, who believe that allying with elves is worse than dying, working with Dunmer. I just don't buy it, one of the things about Elder Scrolls is the extreme racism that exists, its the reason for many of their problems.

The Khajiit working with the Aldmeri was very recent during the time of Skyrim, up until then they were constantly at war with the Bosmer since they utterly hate each other. As well they didn't like Altmer at either, and considered them at large to be a threat.

As I said, this goes against the lore right here, because of these groups hating each other so much. One of the points of Elder Scrolls has always been blind racism over logic, its the reason for much of the in fighting in Tamriel.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:48 am

i just hope that the mmo is at least playable without being shut down 5k times due to glitches dam* you skyrim
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:05 am

Tolvo wrote:Argonians, the race that literally believe in grudges over their own survival, working with their slavers. Nords, who believe that allying with elves is worse than dying, working with Dunmer. I just don't buy it, one of the things about Elder Scrolls is the extreme racism that exists, its the reason for many of their problems.

The Khajiit working with the Aldmeri was very recent during the time of Skyrim, up until then they were constantly at war with the Bosmer since they utterly hate each other. As well they didn't like Altmer at either, and considered them at large to be a threat.

As I said, this goes against the lore right here, because of these groups hating each other so much. One of the points of Elder Scrolls has always been blind racism over logic, its the reason for much of the in fighting in Tamriel.

I agree the Dunmer, Argonian, and Nord alliance is a bit of a stretch but like I said it's the odd men out teaming up for survival. Also this is after the Great War had began if I'm not mistaken which means that the Aldmeri Dominion had already incorporated the Bosmer and Khajiit. The Khajiit had been incorporated into the Dominion before the Great War which is well before Skyrim if I'm not mistaken.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:10 am

They became allies 100 years before Skyrim, the MMO takes place around 1000-2000 years before Skyrim.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:41 am

so who here is gonna play the mmo
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:41 am

I don't have a gaming PC sadly.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:47 am

i wonder if they forgot there own history or if this going to be non cannon like you said
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:47 am

They'll probably just, *Gulp* Retcon it.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:50 am

why didn't they just base this game during the time between oblivion and skyrim
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:51 am

Because it allows them more freedom, except not in the ways they think.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:54 am

well i'm glad to see all of there time was wasted on this game so i guess it will be 2014 when we get fallout 4 huh
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:54 am

You mean Fallout Online?

They might make some money off this MMO, but its doubtful. MMO's are failing left and right these days.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am

no i mean the next fallout game in the series i could care less about that game that stupid failing company tried to make
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 am

No idea, haven't heard anything about another fallout outside the MMO. My only hope is if they make another one, that you don't have to be human.
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:01 am

i haven't heard anything either and thats why i'm kinda pissed i mean all that time focused on this elder scrolls mmo when it could have been focused on building a good game and working out all the glitches.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 pm

The aldemiri dominion did exsist during the second era, though kajiit wern't mentioned as part of it. The game however takes place either before or after, don't remember which, the established dominion lore, which would allow the dominion time to win over or subjigate the kajiit.

Literally translated as "Home of the Elves", the Aldmeri Dominion was an empire that as of 2E 830 made up the realms of Summerset Isle and Valenwood. It was formed when the heirs of the Camoran Dynasty began to fight over the Valenwood throne. A faction of Bosmer attempted to make peace with their enemies in the Colovian Estates by offering part of the Valenwood territory in exchange for the faction's claimant. The Altmer, upon hearing of this, invaded Valenwood, citing a stewardship clause in a thousand year old treaty.[1] The Altmer established the Thalmor as the government in Valenwood on behalf of their claimant Camoran Anxemes (whose ascendants made the original treaty a thousand years before). As the Empire was still recovering from the Interregnum, the Colovian armies were easily forced back by the Elves and the Aldmeri Dominion was born. The Thalmor strengthened its hold on Valenwood province during the foundations of the Third Empire and Bosmer tribes continued to skirmish with the Colovian Estates under the rule of the High Elves. With the Empire reunited under Tiber Septim the attacks subsided although each side remained encamped on the border waiting for a decisive battle. At sea, the Elven forces were considerably more powerful and the Dominion was able to hold the southern waters from the Cape of the Blue Divide to the Topal Bay. The Elves made allies with some Reachmen, the Maormer of Pyandonea, and the Elsweyr Confederacy. Although there was no formal declaration of war, Tamriel was divided between the Empire and the Dominion in an unfolding clash of civilizations. The catastrophic use of the Numidium ended the long confrontation, resulting in the surrender of the Summerset Isles and the human conquest of Tamriel. The Dominion would represent the last time the elves of Tamriel ruled sovereign kingdoms on the continent, the final legacy of the Direnni and Aldmer holdings.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:16 am

Tolvo wrote:They became allies 100 years before Skyrim, the MMO takes place around 1000-2000 years before Skyrim.

Ah I didn't see that they had released that. Originally it was speculated to take place between Oblivion and Skyrim. There is where my confusion came from. Hmm well you are kind of right then.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 am

What you just mentioned essentially takes place during the time of the MMO Forum, strange that with the division of Empire and Dominion, there is no mention of the Ebonheart. An entire faction in a war is something to forget, considering in the lore the Nords worked with the empire during that war. Again, it seems like they are going to be doing some retconing. I'm more so waiting for when they retcon Lorkhan out of existence, making many of the games obsolete.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:05 am