Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
callipygias
Kirk-Barb
xenosphere
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Federally
skarekrow13
Wade_Wilson
DoughGuy
Buggy Virus
14 posters

Worst Possible troll

Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Worst Possible troll Empty Worst Possible troll

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:22 am

(luckily no one is doing this)

But I thought of something the other day. While I was making a new build and I was summoning for every boss (because why not), I was always a bit disheartened when my teammate when I was fighting the taurus demon had fully upgraded lightning gear and one shotted the boss. It made me feel cheated. And from that I realized the worst possible troll.

Here it is:

If you were summoned to someone's game who was obviously new on their first playthrough at one of the very early bosses. Then once you confirmed this dropping him all duped stuff. Like 99 of each boss soul, 99 humanity, lightning weapons, fully upgraded armor, and then DCed out.

Would be the worst possible thing in dark souls.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Worst Possible troll Empty Re: Worst Possible troll

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:24 am

And you would post this why?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:56 am

Low level gifting is worse than low level griefing. By invading a new player at that level, you encourage him to stay hollow, which will ultimately make him better at PvE in the long run. By giving him uber gear, he won't die as easily, learn from mistakes or properly play the game and get smashed later on in PvE.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:06 am

I agree. I recently helped two low levels guys with an anti griefer build I have. The first guy was definitely not a newbie (what with his fully upgraded claymore, perfect memorization of every enemy, offer to let me have the Havel's ring we got from that win which he started off tanking pretty well.....). For him.....I used my Chaos Great Scythe +5. He just wanted the area done as fast as possible with some friendly assistance. The other guy I helped was definitely new. His equipment barely held up against hollows (as is normal) and he struggled beating most things. I used my +5 Broadsword to help him out, only using the scythe when multiple enemies meant he had to do his share of the fighting. I did this to make my end of the fight faster in case he got in trouble. Then we got to the Gargoyles. I'm torn on this but I think I did the right thing. I used the sword until he was out of estus and maybe, if he was lucky, two hits from death. Quick switch to the scythe and the victory was ours. I like to imagine my goal is to ensure success but I did want him to feel the battle the right way. On topic a little more directly. I gave him zero gifts.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:15 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I agree. I recently helped two low levels guys with an anti griefer build I have. The first guy was definitely not a newbie (what with his fully upgraded claymore, perfect memorization of every enemy, offer to let me have the Havel's ring we got from that win which he started off tanking pretty well.....). For him.....I used my Chaos Great Scythe +5. He just wanted the area done as fast as possible with some friendly assistance. The other guy I helped was definitely new. His equipment barely held up against hollows (as is normal) and he struggled beating most things. I used my +5 Broadsword to help him out, only using the scythe when multiple enemies meant he had to do his share of the fighting. I did this to make my end of the fight faster in case he got in trouble. Then we got to the Gargoyles. I'm torn on this but I think I did the right thing. I used the sword until he was out of estus and maybe, if he was lucky, two hits from death. Quick switch to the scythe and the victory was ours. I like to imagine my goal is to ensure success but I did want him to feel the battle the right way. On topic a little more directly. I gave him zero gifts.

You did the right thing in that instance. While he legitimately should have been killed, the role of a summon is to help the host in every way at all costs.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:20 am

Yeah OP I agree. On my first playthrough I got gifted a bunch of stuff and I just stuffed it in the BB and pretended it didn't exist. I didn't want it to ruin my ecoeri and I'm sure I made the right call. Then when I got high enough to have my own stuff upgraded over +10 I pulled out the +14 Iaito he gave me along with some other stuff.

Side note the best 'helper' I had was an invader in Anor Londo. First time I made it inside the palace and to the bonfire there I got invaded. The guy ran up to me naked and dropped a +6 Fire Scythe then gestured a bunch. He then led me around the area showing me stuff to get. I still struggled through the area fighting alone but I got some stuff I would have missed. Eventually I died to a knight but it was cool while it lasted.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:53 am

If I see a new player is struggling, I'll drop Humanity and/or upgrade materials but never fully upgraded weapons and armor. I feel like that's taking away a large part of the game, which is finding your own style and cultivating it.
    xenosphere
    xenosphere
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xenosphere Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:55 am

on my first character I was gifted the broken hilt. then later on like my fifth character i was gifted full havels, i only used it against low level griefers.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 am

DoughGuy wrote:And you would post this why?

I don't expect anyone has a strange enough sense of humor to actually want to do this out of spite, rather than mis-directed kindness. I'm just pointing out, it isn't a kindness.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:40 pm

I have a special character to aid in the Burg and Parish. lvl 12. Uses beginner warrior gear +6 and heater shield / lg sword +10. If I can't get them through the area with that gear then we both need more practice. happy As for gifts, I will drop a +5 long sword if they are a true beginner and having trouble doing damage.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:52 am

Kirk-Barb wrote:I have a special character to aid in the Burg and Parish. lvl 12. Uses beginner warrior gear +6 and heater shield / lg sword +10. If I can't get them through the area with that gear then we both need more practice. happy As for gifts, I will drop a +5 long sword if they are a true beginner and having trouble doing damage.
    Please tell me you're only using a +10 sword if your host is invaded. I stop my sl 6 guy in the Burg for lots of co-op at the beginning of each playthrough, If when I show up in the host's world there's no invader I immediately switch from my maxed Fire Rapier to a +0 Warpick. If they're invaded I quickly switch back.

And I never gift any weapons at all at low sl. When I'm summoned by a beggar I just crystal out. It's a great feeling in the beginning when you beat a boss/level, and I don't think it'd be as great a feeling if people are giving you upgraded weapons, whether +5 or +15.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 pm

dragons are no good for balanced co-op until sens..... sad really guess i'll just use a +10 caestus, maybe +5 ... heck a dark hand would work as its as strong as the drake sword.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Low level gifting is worse than low level griefing. By invading a new player at that level, you encourage him to stay hollow, which will ultimately make him better at PvE in the long run. By giving him uber gear, he won't die as easily, learn from mistakes or properly play the game and get smashed later on in PvE.

I agree. For low level co-op, the most I'll ever drop is 3-4 titanite shards for the host because the most I want to do is give them a little helpful boost.

Also, I had a bunch of trophies cleared for me simply by picking up some maxed out gear dropped by a gifter... which doesn't bother me too much because I don't really care about the trophies and it wasn't my first or second playthrough, but I can see how that could disrupt things for other players.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Calliphgias: Sorry I can't say that. I do use it when I help the host. It's the best weapon I have. (I spent hours farming to make it, along with my armor.) On the rare occasion I actually get a new guy, (most hosts are naked using weapons much better than mine) I always let him lead and do most if not all of the fighting. I only intervene if something gets on his back or he's about to die. The Black Knight and Havel are his to kill, I just play decoy and soften them up a bit. Taurus Demon is his drop hit first and I then follow, or if he doesn't know that one, I just follow him into battle and hope for the best. The trade off for the host, having me use a +10 Long sword, is that if we get invaded, I'm not ussually going to win against the maxed elemental weapon weilding invader. If he flees to the gate, I will delay and he has a good chance of making it. If he stays to fight, then most likely we'll be dying together.

As for gifts. I rarely hand them out. But occasionaly a host is struggling so badly, I just can't help myself. I have yet to have anybody ask for anything. If they did, I think I'll just shrug.

I don't know if this makes you feel any better about my play style, but I thought you at least deserved an answer. Worst Possible troll 1330857165
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:59 pm

In opinion giving a low level character high level items is like telling them this "I know that you are not good enough to get to level to get this stuff on your own so here have this"
    OstieDeCaliss69

Post by OstieDeCaliss69 Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Someone actually gave me the Fog Ring on one of my characters just after havel and seriously I was very happy because this ring is so Fu**** awesome to avoid hard mobs. I'm against giving weapon or armor to a newb player because they have to learn how and where to get the stuff, and you need to die and die and die when you start playing this game just to get use to it.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Only item I've gifted is MLGS and it was to someone building sorcery took who missed their shot at Seath's tail. =) I'm not big on beggers and crystal out when approached by one.

OT: I agree, spamming someone with everything they could want is just malicious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 am