Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
ViralEnsign_
Rin
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
bloodpixel
FruitPunchNinja
RandelOolacile
swordiris
Azran
reim0027
Bloodios
Carphil
cloudyeki
ublug
IceIfrit666
WyrmHero
ICEFANG
20 posters

What is the worst ring?

Poll

What, in your opinion, is the worst ring? Please read OP first.

[ 19 ]
    What is the worst ring? I_vote_lcap39%What is the worst ring? I_vote_rcap [39%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What is the worst ring? I_vote_lcap0%What is the worst ring? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    What is the worst ring? I_vote_lcap2%What is the worst ring? I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 3 ]
    What is the worst ring? I_vote_lcap6%What is the worst ring? I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 4 ]
    What is the worst ring? I_vote_lcap8%What is the worst ring? I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    What is the worst ring? I_vote_lcap4%What is the worst ring? I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 5 ]
    What is the worst ring? I_vote_lcap10%What is the worst ring? I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 9 ]
    What is the worst ring? I_vote_lcap18%What is the worst ring? I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    What is the worst ring? I_vote_lcap4%What is the worst ring? I_vote_rcap [4%] 

Total Votes: 49
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What is the worst ring? Empty What is the worst ring?

Post by ICEFANG Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Alright, in your opinion, which ring is the worst in the game, why? This isn't a PvE or PvP, consider everything about each ring and combine them. Ring of Evil Eye has almost no purpose in PvP right? But does that make it the worst, even though its not a bad ring in PvE (I think anyway).

This question is solely based on how well the ring does, is it good? I understand if you hate DWGR, but the ring is good.

I only have 20 poll choices, I bunched some together and removed some choices that have little to none combat effect on you, or are considered very/extremely good, if you feel like it deserves special mention and have good reason to back up your claims, I will put down right here what ring, and how many votes it has.

One more thing, try not to consider how the ring does in comparison to other rings. It is completely understandable that you would want to, but while the Tiny Being's Ring has really no purpose over the RoFaP (even using both is usually worthless), and its often worst than Ring of Steel Protection, think of its values and compare them to all the other rings.

Here are rings I removed because I think they are too good to even be considered for this, if you disagree, let me know.
    Cloranthy Ring
    Dark Wood Grain Ring
    Ring of Favor and Protection

Here is the list of ring I removed because I feel they have a limited effect, too limited to be worn almost at all.
    Ring of Sacrifice
    Rare Ring of Sacrifice
    Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring
    Rusted Iron Ring
    Covetous Silver Serpent Ring
    Covetous Gold Serpent Ring
    Covenant of Artorias
    Orange Charred Ring
    Old Witches Ring
    Cat Covenant Ring

*because I didn't have enough room for all of them, the protection rings include Ring of Steel Protection, Spell Stoneplate Ring, Flame Stoneplate Ring, Thunder Stoneplate Ring. If you feel like one of a few of these are the worst, but not all, please vote for it, and write details of your opinion.

**Bloodbite Ring, Poisonbite Ring, Cursebite Ring. Same details as above.

I would prefer if you voted before reading opinions (mine included), and voiced your opinions after, but you can change your vote if you feel that another person is more correct.

My own opinion:
    Spoiler:
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

What is the worst ring? Empty Re: What is the worst ring?

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:17 am

Hawk Ring. I haven't even considered that ring at all. At least tiny's gives you 100 more HP with 99 Vit, and EWGR could be useful for crystal rapiers/uchis.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:20 am

Really? Hawk Ring adds a lot of attack power/range to bows. It doesn't help most bows that people use (like Composite or Dragonslayer), but it makes PvE, even easier, you are in no danger against any enemy with that ring and nearly any bow at any level. I personally like it for my Black Bow character, but I'm not too good at PvP with a bow either, just my opinion, not trying to defend the ring exclusively.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:23 am

Tiny Being, that thing gives such a low hp boost.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:25 am

Attack power? I thought it only added range. Isn't BBoP's range enough? I really didn't used bows in PvE except the short bow for cutting the bridge dragon's tail.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:27 am

I use the hawk ring all the time, but not for fighting (and not in the princess' chamber either silly).
    I voted tiny, the effect is just too small to make a difference (unless it has an awesome hidden feature). At 2000 HP it will add another 100, meaning almost any other ring will outclass it.

Also, one ring this game is lacking is the Ring of the Accursed, can't understand why there is no equivalent in dark souls.

Last edited by ublug on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:30 am; edited 3 times in total
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:29 am

WyrmHero wrote:Attack power? I thought it only added range. Isn't
    BBoP's range enough? I really didn't used bows in PvE except the short
    bow for cutting the bridge dragon's tail.

It doesn't really add attack power, but it does increase range, sometimes you can't get closer and the increased range adds power to it, considerable power.

ublug wrote:I use the hawk ring all the time, but not for fighting (and not in the princess' chamber either silly).
    I voted tiny, the effect is just too small to make a difference (unless it has an awesome hidden feature). At 2000 HP it will add another 100, meaning almost any other ring wil outclass it.

Also, one ring this game is lacking is the Ring of the Accursed, can't understand why there is no equivalent in dark souls.

What does that ring do? I never played much Demon's Souls even though I would have liked to.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:31 am

It draws enemies attention towards the wearer.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:32 am

Slumbering dragon, since as an invader you don't have any sound anyway, and you can just use chameleon to avoid enemies.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:48 am

Voted dusk crown. More casts for half HP is not worthy IMO
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:48 am

I can see ONE build that can benefit from that, though >_>

Edit: http://tinyurl.com/cj9rvmp

said build. You're already dead if you get hit, so why not shoot yourself an elephant?
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:49 am

There are a lot of the rings in the game which I believe to be worthless during my playthroughs and even more so for PvP, but the Tiny Being's Ring is the one ring that serves my character absolutely no purpose whatsoever. At first, I thought it was just because I didn't have enough vitality for it to matter, but as I start to build on that, I realize that the benefit I would gain from it is so... trivial that it might as well be nonexistent.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:14 am

Tiny Being Ring, without a doubt, IMO.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:32 am

I'd say it's a tie between the Blue Tearstone Ring and the Tiny Being's Ring. I mean, if you are so low on health that the BTR kicks in, you better not get hit anyway.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:46 am

Azran wrote:I'd say it's a tie between the Blue Tearstone Ring and the Tiny Being's Ring. I mean, if you are so low on health that the BTR kicks in, you better not get hit anyway.

did you know that if one attack could kill you, but with the blue tearstone you survive it?

Last edited by Carphil on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:51 am

I voted sun princess. This is because I have NEVER seen a miracle synergy spot making the ring more worthless than tiny beings (2nd place).
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:10 am

Yup. Totally forgot about the Sun Princess Ring effect.

lol Resonance.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:09 am

Darkwood Grain Ring...this is THE worst ring, but I'll play along and say Tiny Beings ring. big grin
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:20 am

Does no one know what the ring does? I think its one of the better rings.

When a miracle is cast near a white circle, you gain extra healing power, or damage. These white circles are when others nearby (in connection and distance in game) cast a miracle, you gain a buff. However, even if you've never seen one of these rings, Ring of the Sun's Princess gives you that bonus (you can think of it as a Ring of the Sun's Firstborn, but for some offensive and mostly defensive, it even buffs Replenish, which makes it give 14/sec I think). If you can find a ring like that and you're using the ring too, you get a double bonus, which I think Replenish becomes like 16 or 18, not bad at all. Its a great ring for sun bros and really good with the miracles (that no one uses) Bountiful Sunlight and Soothing Sunlight.

I'm amazed that I almost never see people know about it, it was such a good bonus.

I'm also surprised that Tiny Being's Ring is first so far by so much. I never thought it was good, but I never thought it would be so widely accepted as the worst either.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:23 am

You must play on 360 ice fang, because the synergy rings basically dont exist on ps3.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:04 am

DWGR
    With Hornet's ring close second.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:02 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:You must play on 360 ice fang, because the synergy rings basically dont exist on ps3.
    Not true, I've seen the synergy circles every now and then in the Tomb of Giants (I just never cared enough to put the ring on though, since I'm strength/dex build.)
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Yes indeed, I play on xbox. Its quite interesting that you PS users don't see them very much.

Point is, it does have an effect, and its actually quite good, at least I think so.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:46 pm

tyhe sun princess ring has some auxillary effects though, even without a synergy circle nearby, twop gains a few seconds as do a few other duartion based miracles.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:10 pm

I voted ring of the evil eye, i have never once found a good use for this ring. Sure it appears to be good for farming souls, but really 30hp for every fallen enemy.....AND it doesnt stack with multiple kills.....I dont know, in all of my hrs of gameplay i think i found the tiny beings ring more useful. They both are border line pointless though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:54 pm