Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Hahalo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
lextune
Ghadis_God
Serious_Much
FruitPunchNinja
RANT
DamageCK
Quarik
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
16 posters

Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons

Post by User Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Wyrm needs a break, before he permanently stay in the Abyss.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Reason why everyone BS fishes with Str weapons

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:35 pm

DamageCK wrote:I get the impression Hahalo BSes a lot. Let's never duel...

Actually I don't big grin unless opportunity is wide open. I've always empathize on variety in combats.. because I know alot of players out there that can give 0 opportunity for BS.

To be at the top tier, RBS can be use as 1 strategy, but never as the only strategy to win.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Yes your right, I don't like to do roll bs. I find it so difficult I just avoid practicing it.

Here's another suggestion, use a back up weapon when you bump into this kinda player.

I've a lighting pike last time to compliment my Zwei. You should pick one that compliment your build and current weapon.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Now I'm just afraid to swing my DGA, only thing I'm doing now is rolling and doing some missed swings far from my opponent like you said and BS fish. I'm getting bored..... I can conclude that it may not be the reason why most players do it, but I'm doing it now I can see it's the only safe way to not get roll BSed. I'm sad because I don't play like this...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm using a Heavy Crossbow as back up, really fun but slow too.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:46 pm

I would like to have a video recording thingy so you guys can see for yourselves.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm

It's a three way. Leading from behind, a hermit comes with a lightning stinger, and from out of no where does a cart wheel and does a swing. Piercing the spine with shocking content, and then thrusting the person down into the ground. When met again, they kick them on the ground after they pierce the spin again.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Hahalo wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:@Hahalo I just swing my DGA with a mixture of R1 and roll R1. My build is made for stunlocking with it.

I see, and I'm I right to say you don't RBS?

For me, big weapons are normally use for fishing..What you can do is. If you know the opponent is
    fishing. Drop a normal hit just 2 step outside the RBS range, he would
    need to take 1 step forward and roll. Take that time to Roll back and R1
    when his coming in for the BS. You should land a hit on him.. That's one basic maneuver to counter..
    but I think you probably know that.

For stunlocking, try not to use it if you think your opponent is capable.. Try to drop 1 hit, and roll off. Unless your 100% sure the opponent doesn't RBS or out of stamina. When i started pvp, i love stunlocking.. eventually after countless punishment, it's in my habit to drop1 hit and just back off
    You somehow just put math into dueling. I want to duel in the burg again. Gimme a bunch of #s for steps and time frames, and ill freaking evaluate that equation... until you are dead.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Hehe joe this is the only reason I can beat my friends who are far better at reading people at strategy games ! silly Maths, it whoops *** 8) (so proud of myself beating my only other friend who classes himself as a gamer first time out on a strategy game he was experienced with silly )
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:22 pm

It's all about math. It's the answer to life, really.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 am

It's not a math equation, that's the only way I can explain.. In actual fact you will automatically notice such factors and able to have these estimation.. and your experience will guide you..

Come on, I'm sure you can estimate if your in the RBS range, or if your outside the range.. I'm sure most of us know that if the opponent is in the hitbox range or still slightly out.. those are key estimation that most players would know.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:05 am

Hahalo wrote:It's not a math equation, that's the only way I can explain.. In actual fact you will automatically notice such factors and able to have these estimation.. and your experience will guide you..

Come on, I'm sure you can estimate if your in the RBS range, or if your outside the range.. I'm sure most of us know that if the opponent is in the hitbox range or still slightly out.. those are key estimation that most players would know.
    I normal roll. I barely know the distance of a DWGR. So, I don't know how far to be. At first, I was distance for a normal roll, but that just got me killed, obviously.

Well, actually, for some reason, when I came back to the burg, I just wanted to kiss my opponent and hit them with the hilt of my halberd. They replied to my affections with a bs. Didn't even have to roll.

I suck(ed) so bad haha! Ahh.. DkS burg dueling can wear on your psychy. I don't care if I get cut off in traphic anymore. I've been RBSed too many times... haha!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:13 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Poise is also the only thing that keeps big weapons viable. If it didn't exist like in Demon's, rapiers and daggers would have the same stunlock power as great weapons, and spears would be nearly impossible to fight. Being able to tank a hit while stunlocking the opponent is the biggest advantage to using armor and big weapons.
    Only on page 2 but larger weapon swings were uninteruptable in demons. Not a perfectly solution but its an alternative, as are several other things.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:27 am

Done, anyways there isn't a "proper" way to fight, thats an absurd claim.

On topic though, its all in your head. Anytime you make a move with any weapon, especially slower weapons, you should have already decided on the most likely response if it fails and if it succeeds and respond according to the situation. It takes tons of practice and experience.

To those of you who call it boring, watch ufc. Melee fights are really slow and methodical most of the time, then it becomes a short flurry of moves, and back to slow. Thats generally how top tier fights are, most of the attacks arn't even supposed to do anything, they're just to gauge the response.
    OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

Post by OmniBot Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:45 am

if you're using the DGA, I recommend using the 1HR2. The first attack can dead angle iirc, and the second one comes out really fast and is great for punishing those who try to BS the first attack. Try unlocking and turning 180º just before the attack comes out, and then turn again for the followup based on what direction you think they'll circle you. I find that unlocking and adjusting your angle just before your swing comes out is the key to success with big weapons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:13 am