Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
ParasiticEve
omega Elf
DamageCK
Spurgun
SATLOS
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
Eolan
reim0027
Federally
15 posters

Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution

ParasiticEve
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution

Post by ParasiticEve Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:30 pm

I barely visit this wiki but I have to say anyone that wants to judge a person's character by a video game is an idiot and their opinion on the subject should be basically ignored. You have no grounds to speak if a person is a bad individual IRL at all just because of something they did on a video game. By all means they could be a loving father or mother, have a good job and live an honest life and playing video games that they paid for the way they want is simply their way of passing time or removing stress.

You don't like what they did, I get it but don't come here speaking as if you know these individuals IRL and have place to judge them. If anything you're the person with bad character being an assuming jerk.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:51 pm

SATLOS wrote:As said, I'm not talking existentially or on some personal concept of self, I'm talking about conflict.

Like, if you and I both came across a crisp $100 bill lying on the sidewalk at the EXACT same moment, what would your response be?

- Punch me repeatedly (i.e. spam R1)
    - Analyze my appearence/demeanor and think of the most effective counter, whether it be verbal, physical or some sort of deception
    - Wait until I'm turned around and put a knife in my back

There are correlations. It doesn't go down to "who you are" at a base level or anything, but I think Ahhotep1 has a point.

I am english therefore I don't want the dollars - if it was a crisp 50 pound note on the floor I would persuade you to let me have it because I would take it to the police station and give it to them to see if someone had lost that amount of money. **** - even if the police use it themselves they deserve it considering the work they put in to uphold the law. I don't require stolen money, thats the way I look at it if you take an exponential amount of money off the floor it technically is theft. Just my two cents.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Keep the forum guidelines in mind when posting. Debating is fine, but flaming and trolling are not allowed in the forums. Everyone is allowed their opinions but do it in a manner that is appropriate for the forums.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:22 pm

I'd just like to quickly mention, defending a person doesn't mean you are like them. Forum is definding a group of people that while we don't like them, are still people plain and simple. I hate gankers as many know, but they are still people sitting in front of their TV screens playing video game like me. I think it is a case of, "I will defend your right to do X." Wha X is? That doesn't mater, if it is something he likes or not, he thinks they still have the right to do X, as we have the right to do X. Yes I personally think less of people for how they act in game, and to a degree how we play does give a hint to how we actually are, it is still just a minor part and we shouldn't get too focused on it. I have friends who grief when they play games, so I don't game with them. I talk with them and hang out, but I just don't game with them is all.

We should probably get back onto the topic though of the idea of a way to just avoid playing with individuals. I've never seen success with blocking, but I always imagine there must be some way to do it.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:46 pm

I wasn't directly calling Forum a troll or trying to insult him. Forum I'm sorry if it comes across that way. It just seems you're purposefully disagreeing just to start a debate.

Can we get back on topic? Does blocking people on Psn prevent you from encountering them in game?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm told no. AFAIK, it only blocks them from messaging you. It doesn't have anything to do with what P2P lobby you are in.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:38 pm

What tolvo said.

I haven't seen it completely stop them, but in my experience it has reduced my encounters with them.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 pm

SATLOS wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:By that logic, everything is connected. How I eat soup reflects me as a person.

I ABSOLUTELY DESTROY SOUP. NO QUARTER. ESPECIALLY MINESTRONE.

Too awesome.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:32 am

I wonder if ther is some way to block their IP off from you, and if that would effect the PSN.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:48 pm