Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
swordiris
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shakie666
lordgodofhell
Gunny1963
Pesth
WyrmHero
bloodpixel
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Federally
DoughGuy
RANT
Shindori
19 posters

I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is..

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is.. Empty I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is..

Post by Shindori Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:21 am

There's always the mention of the Holy GSoA. Which, to be honest, I find to be rather weak. I find my lightning Zwei much more powerful. However...My DGM at 15 does INSANE damage, without any buff. What do we base the title "Strongest" on? Obviously, an unblocked hit with elemental damage does a ton, but is it truly better than a +15 weapon? How do you even begin to calculate what the strongest is, being that there is such diversity. I guess it could be left to raw power. Choose the best scaling stats and use all the boosts, who will come out on top? Right now Im rather fond of my +15DMG, but am considering going Chaos. Any opinions on these points?
    I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is.. 2232431563I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is.. 2232431563
    ___I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is.. 4125110524
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is.. Empty Re: I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is..

Post by RANT Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:41 am

if you have 40 str use a +15, its gonna hit harder than elemental specially if it has good scaling. i use a crystal DGM+5 and even the +15 will outdamage elementals.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is.. Empty Re: I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is..

Post by Shindori Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:43 am

I'm imagining it's because a +15 is pure physical, as to where an elemental weapon's damage is split into two, right? So a +15 enchanted by spell will do much more than its perma-enchanted counterpart?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:46 am

Holy GSoA is weak in PvP due to split damage and heavy requirements. I believe in pve due to the change in damage calculation it does far more and is far better. +15 crystal DGM is one of the highest single AR weapons in the game, if not the highest.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:51 am

Greatly against enchanting weapons though I guess I should save 14 points for the use of CMW and using logan's crystal catalyst would make this a killer one.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 am

The strongest weapon is the one I'm using to kill you twisted
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:57 am

Your lag? xDD jkjk.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:57 am

Oh the typical response hasnt ben said yet.
    Skill is the strongest weapon. silly
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 am

AMEN DOUGHBOY! I was actually waiting for someone to say this. But a nice, strong hit helps.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 am

Shindori wrote:Your lag? xDD jkjk.

lol!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:55 am

Skill is the most important think but if you're talking about a single hit I think the DGA is the strongest in the game. I buff my crystal DGM with dmb3 lol I kinda feel its a little overkill.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:04 pm

You don't have to "feel" that that's overkill, Rant. It is overkill. silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Lol I know, I riposte for 1500 no buf, and no hornet. Imagine if I had my buff and hornet? Lol
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:04 pm

Eye'm the strongest!
    -⑨
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:25 pm

You go elemental if you want to stay at stat requirements for most weapons. The Str weapons are an exception, you always want them to be normal or crystal because of their high stat requirement, which in addition has good scaling.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:41 pm

whell... i never thought the light zwei could do more damage then a 99\99\99\99 sword of artorias :shock:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3888325804046772 <- proof
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:19 pm

No one raises their stasts that high, man,
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 pm

yeah but in a matter to compare what weapon inflict most damage in a game you have to have the best build... or doesnt?!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 pm

I was actually talking abou an sl 100-120.
    Gunny1963
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gunny1963 Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:08 pm

I use a +15 Zwei when I really wanna just knock someone to the ground and stomp on their heads. Like those Lizardmen. Long necked bastards.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Is this a debate on what the strongest weapon is? Or is it asking us what constitutes a weapon as "strong?"

I have some fav weapons that include Crystal Washing Pole+5, MLGS+5, Falchion +15 with dmb, Darkmoon Tali at 50 faith, and lightning Avey+5 with zap bolts for anti griefing, and forest gankers.

DGM has an insane AR and among STR weapons I would call it the best. Great moveset and people tend to shy away from parrying it.

Skill as previously mentioned is important but that is not a weapon.

For low level PVP (40s) I am favoring the lightning dagger as of late. using it for parrys with hornet causes 1600+ on riposte to undead burg enemies. Insta killed Havel on a riposte!

I think when considering best weapon, armor and defense should be taken into account. Slow weapons will often require tanking or BS fishing to be effective.

Just some points.

Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:43 pm

lordgodofhell wrote:
    Is this a debate on what the strongest weapon is? Or is it asking us what constitutes a weapon as "strong?"

I have some fav weapons that include Crystal Washing Pole+5, MLGS+5, Falchion +15 with dmb, Darkmoon Tali at 50 faith, and lightning Avey+5 with zap bolts for anti griefing, and forest gankers.

DGM has an insane AR and among STR weapons I would call it the best. Great moveset and people tend to shy away from parrying it.

Skill as previously mentioned is important but that is not a weapon.

For low level PVP (40s) I am favoring the lightning dagger as of late. using it for parrys with hornet causes 1600+ on riposte to undead burg enemies. Insta killed Havel on a riposte!

I think when considering best weapon, armor and defense should be taken into account. Slow weapons will often require tanking or BS fishing to be effective.

Just some points.

A crystal washing pole?!? That would only have 6 durability!

Also, if your going for parries wouldn't a bandits knife be better? It has the same base damage (i think) but higher crit multiplier.

Also, i wouldn't know because i'm horrendous at pvp, but what does everyone think of the DGA? I really like its 1h R2 attack, and its got good damage. I haven't formulated a decent pvp build yet though.

EDIT: I just threw this build together, using the DGA with DMB. Whaddya all think?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=ZGVwcml2ZWQsNTAsMTEsNjAsNDAsMTEsMTEsMTEsMTEsMTAsNTIsMCwxNCw1MCwzMSwyNSwzNiwzNiwwLDAsY2hhb3MsbGlnaHRuaW5nLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbg==
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:48 pm

For the love of god do not use elemetal weapons, specially when you have 40 str, with thos stats you have to use plus 15 which are gonna better than elementals, here my str build http://tinyurl.com/7sp4hev
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Whoops lol, that was a misclick, it was supposed to by normal +15, not lightning I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is.. 2707236321

Also, why would you use crystal? I know you get more damage, but i haven't got 99 titanite slabs.

As a side note, i wish they'd made crystal weapons repairable, they would then have a use.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 pm

You can buy DGMs and you can trade for slabs or farm which I don't reccomend. The reason I use them is because 60 durability is pretty good and lasts me a while sinnce I use them at plus four and if it was repairable it wouldbe so OP specially with a buff. I riposte for 1500 damage usually with no buff or hornets ring, imagine if I had a buff and hr? Overkill much?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:47 pm