Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Ghadis_God
La0bouchere
Federally
Reaperfan
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
swordiris
DoughGuy
mugenis4real
12 posters

Should I make this? and DWGR discussion...

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Should I make this? and DWGR discussion... - Page 2 Empty Re: Should I make this? and DWGR discussion...

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:11 pm

I just think the major issue is how easy it is to roll bs with a bunch of poise and ninja flips, not to mention it just looks ridiculous. If the only people flipping around were in light armor, that wouldnt look nearly as silly.You could still have decent poise so it doesnt render the dwgr useless. The max poise you could have is 50, with wolf ring and one of the few light armor pieces that give poise(well i guess they are imo) Eastern gauntlets+Leggings,Channelers gauntlets+waist cloth,Gauntlets of Vanquisher+Boots of the explorer. So yea, you could still have decent poise and flip, just not enough to defend against a greatsword or better. This brings me to another minor/major change i think they should make, stunlocking. I think if you are wearing light armor or dont have enough poise to take even a single hit, you should be tossed(similar to demon's souls). If you have enough poise to tank the hit, you can. Only wearing heavy armor you dont get tossed, and if your poise breaks you get stunlocked. What you guys think? Might possibly kill heavy armor but i dont think so.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Should I make this? and DWGR discussion... - Page 2 Empty Re: Should I make this? and DWGR discussion...

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:19 pm

getting tossed would invite a BS on wakeup would it not?
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:29 pm

You can counter a chain bs with a roll bs during wake up.
    La0bouchere
    La0bouchere

Post by La0bouchere Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:56 pm

DWGR's problem isnt allowing fast rolls with poise, its the fast rolls in general that need fixing. Full invulnerability and the ability to start a roll during another roll for minimal stamina cost is OP to say the least. Increasing the stamina cost of rolls and adding a small window of vulnerability between consecutive rolls would be a start.

Bringing back back stabs as they were in DeS is a terrible idea. Roll canceling BS damage allowed for bad spacing and timing to be completely nonpunishable. The block cancel was even worse, and both combined made shield turtles insanely hard to kill. The backstab system in Dark Souls is better imo. Spacing and timing are very important and misktakes cant be instantly corrected by mashing roll. The damage of back stabs is way too high however. Bringing down the damage of all weapons to the 300's-500's would be the easiest fix.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:08 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I just think the major issue is how easy it is to roll bs with a bunch of poise and ninja flips, not to mention it just looks ridiculous. If the only people flipping around were in light armor, that wouldnt look nearly as silly.You could still have decent poise so it doesnt render the dwgr useless. The max poise you could have is 50, with wolf ring and one of the few light armor pieces that give poise(well i guess they are imo) Eastern gauntlets+Leggings,Channelers gauntlets+waist cloth,Gauntlets of Vanquisher+Boots of the explorer. So yea, you could still have decent poise and flip, just not enough to defend against a greatsword or better. This brings me to another minor/major change i think they should make, stunlocking. I think if you are wearing light armor or dont have enough poise to take even a single hit, you should be tossed(similar to demon's souls). If you have enough poise to tank the hit, you can. Only wearing heavy armor you dont get tossed, and if your poise breaks you get stunlocked. What you guys think? Might possibly kill heavy armor but i dont think so.

In theory this sounds like a good idea, however once you consider game mechanics it's kind of a terrible one. The miracle Force acts in exactly the same way you want poise to act, anyone with low poise gets tossed across the room while anyone with high poise gets stunned. When someone gets stunned I can get a couple free shots in, however when someone gets thrown to the ground they are invincible the whole time, and unless I can get a BS as they get up they suffer no penalty and since any decent player can avoid a BS on stand up they pretty much never suffer a penalty. So this change would result in Light Armor = invulnerability after ever hit you take, that's not good.

IN
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 am

It's not so complicated. So long the Ring function is split into 2 different Ring then the problem is solved.

So you can't have fully armored players flipping around.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:18 am

Hahalo wrote:It's not so complicated. So long the Ring function is split into 2 different Ring then the problem is solved.

And what do each of those rings do sepearately?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:12 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    Hahalo wrote:It's not so complicated. So long the Ring function is split into 2 different Ring then the problem is solved.

And what do each of those rings do sepearately?

I assume there would be one ring that allows fast running at <50% instead of <25%, and one that allows flips only at fastest mobility speed.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:43 am

Precisely.

1st Ring = 25% and below allowed Flip. Above 25% = no bonus.

2nd Ring = Allowed movement speed (same as 25%) if weight is below 50%.

But this topic been discussed multiple multiple since the start of Dark Souls in the official forums. And From have not do anything about it

With the coming launch on PC, I hope it would give them a reason to take some of these feedback and patch it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:39 am