Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Carphil
billy_bayonet
RANT
Argetlam350
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
VinheimProfessor
RandelOolacile
Extertionist
ZikoLogiKa NL
BackwardsBaboon
Sebastrd
cloudyeki
JoeBroski09
AquaZeroX26
FexDS
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
User
Serious_Much
TehInfamousAmos
Quarik
Fallense
25 posters

Personally, without upgrades, what is your favorite class?

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Personally, without upgrades, what is your favorite class? - Page 2 Empty Re: Personally, without upgrades, what is your favorite class?

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:55 am

Dex is the more favorable stat, which lends itself to a wide array of weapons that are quick and easy to pick up and lend themselves to more advance techniques once you get deep into PVP. Strength based weapons require more effort to get good with, and while they do ALOT of damage in single hits you'll be asking to be hit as well.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Personally, without upgrades, what is your favorite class? - Page 2 Empty Re: Personally, without upgrades, what is your favorite class?

Post by User Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 am

Greater risks usually lead to greater rewards when accomplished... probably the reason why faith seems to stick with the strong, I guess lol
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:58 am

wanderer just seems like an awesome class, my first toon was a wanderer whcih i ended up deleting since i didnt like dex that much. bandit is my favourite out of all of them, the armors and the battle axe look awesome, i also like cleric a lot, mace is one of the best weapons in the game.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:00 am

I noticed that style form you Rant. I can appreciate someone who favours that sort of art as well... cookie?

🤡
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:01 am

I'll stick with my spears and halberds regardless. I never truly understood the extreme attachment to a sword when a pole arm would have a better chance in scenarios. Only time I'd see it as a bad time is in narrow or confined areas.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:11 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:I noticed that style form you Rant. I can appreciate someone who favours that sort of art as well... cookie?

🤡

lol, i noticed most people go with dex cause its easier. i like the whole risk reward that comes with str toons.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:19 am

Cheers; I prefer risk as well. Satisfaction is brought from the handicapped winning over others. Feels better than just killing everyone with the best gear.

What is better? to kill every man like a God with ease, or to kill every God like a man with ease? Kratos would be proud lol .
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:37 am

Too bad Asura outdoes Kratos.

And I agree, which is why I use a weapon that demands I land my hits perfectly or get my back redecorated with an oversize butter knife.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:56 am

derpived happy
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:21 am

billy_bayonet wrote:derpived happy

Imagine Deprived having the sack as starter equipment .,

would've made em even more brutal

Personally, without upgrades, what is your favorite class? - Page 2 3915592713
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:48 pm

I recently started disliking wanderer because so many people are using the coat, but its still my main class

My favorite to start is the thief, relying on backstabs, ripostes and bleed. For looks, the best one is sorcerer.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:50 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:derpived happy

Imagine Deprived having the sack as starter equipment .,

would've made em even more brutal

Personally, without upgrades, what is your favorite class? - Page 2 3915592713

i love the deprived build i recently restard T-king's Scavenger playthrough using deprived and only aloud to use items and gear dropped by enemies, SOOOO fun
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Bandit, reminds me of the rouge from ragnarok. LOL
    Fallense

Post by Fallense Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:29 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Dex is the more favorable stat, which lends itself to a wide array of weapons that are quick and easy to pick up and lend themselves to more advance techniques once you get deep into PVP. Strength based weapons require more effort to get good with, and while they do ALOT of damage in single hits you'll be asking to be hit as well.

I agree, and also you'd be looking forward to that faster casting too. But I guess I might as well lend my highest regards to the wanderer, even if it does mean I have to be part of the crowd happy
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:49 pm

First the Sorcerer and then the Knight.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Maybe wanderer or sorcerer. Sorcerer starts off being able to do lots of damage early in the game, starting as one makes the early game even easier. I like starting as a Thief too, it's a nice challenge and i love the look.
    SpankyDmonkey
    SpankyDmonkey

Post by SpankyDmonkey Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:29 pm

The Knight. In both Demon's and Dark Souls I've always picked the knight as the starting class. Usually great tanking startup, versatile weapon/sturdy shield, and the ability to quickly delve into faith miracles. I always get sick of rolling so fast, makes me dizzy, I'd rather just be able to take the hits and use a strategic defense to win my opponent. Besides, people usually underestimate medium/heavy rollers happy. As for the str/dex discussion, I do prefer balance between them, (longsword and bastard sword/claymore ftw) but I also love swinging the Mace around. Once it connects, its deadly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 pm