Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Serious_Much
befowler
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Azran
skarekrow13
Forum Pirate
cloudyeki
User
swordiris
KomradDakka
bunnywink
15 posters

Online Experiences in PVP or Multiplayer?

Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Online Experiences in PVP or Multiplayer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Experiences in PVP or Multiplayer?

Post by Azran Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:15 pm

I've received some... hatechat? whenever I played MOBAs or COD4. "Deal with it, pal" was my usual reaction. There's no point arguing over the internet, and even less about some trivial thing with some random stranger.

Eh, people will always be people. If it isn't gender, it's nationality; if it isn't nationality, it's religion; if it isn't religion, it's culture; etc etc.

Ever heard of the Internet F*ckwad Theory?

Troll + Anonymity + Audience: F*ckwad
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Online Experiences in PVP or Multiplayer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Experiences in PVP or Multiplayer?

Post by bunnywink Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:25 pm

This is an interesting read if anybody is interested: http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/06/14/499759/the-guys-guide-to-being-a-feminist-ally-in-video-gaming/
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:26 pm

@OP

Honestly, it sounds like you're dealing with idiots. Even acknowledging their existence is giving them far too much credit.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:39 pm

I think MW3 is just a sinkhole of abuse for everybody, frankly. I'm not really into FPSs anymore, but used to play a lot of rainbow six vegas 2 coop with a buddy. It wasn't a great game in part because in the deathmatches computer mobs could spawn right behind you, but this forced you to keep your head on a swivel and develop pretty good snapshot reflexes. Anyway, fastforward to MW3, which I get like 3 months after it came out (for "the story" believe it or not). A buddy convinces me to try an online deathmatch and I join -- I'm like a private and everyone else is Lt. Colonel or whatever, with their fancy badges and guild names and stuff. Much laughter and insults when everyone notices "a n00b" has joined. But then the match starts and I manage to off the same guy 4 times in a row with long range headshots from my heavy machinegun, and then a 5th time by camping upwind of my own prior hangout and putting an RPG into it as he and his buddies try to rush the intersection. They started screaming at me so loud my speakers went out for a second, and then a bunch quit right out out of the match. It was amusing at the time, but I never went back because why subject yourself to that when it could have just been a bunch of down gestures and some trident dancing.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:44 pm

I find that gestures used by players are seemingly too idiotic when I see them... so I invent some from items and stuff for gesturing. I don't need to gesture a sky upward, a repeated praise the sun, nor a 'proper bow' or any sort... I got the worm to do all those. Makes communication more settle.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Because I like FPS games Befowler. The trolls are an unpleasant reality, but I won't let them ruin a game I enjoy.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Generally trolls on popular games are just funny to come up against. I mean when you get a guy on fifa who repeatedly scores own goals so you have to sit there watching him do it for 10 mins straight you appreciate the sentiment silly

There was a guy when my bro was playing some COD MW2 the other day just playing popular 90's songs over and over and I mean cheese like britney spears, spice girls, pokemon, witchdoctors, barbie girl.. It was hilarious.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 pm

bunnywink wrote: or get told to go make a sandwich.

I laughed when i read this...does that make me a bad person? lol

To answer your question...i tend to ignore/mute/block them. Sometimes i like to troll them back a bit though...depends on what they said. Ex: "go make me a sandwich woman!" reply "You're the one who lost you need to make yourself useful and make ME a sandwich."

Always stay calm...if they dont anger you it makes them more angry. Sometimes no reply aside from a simple laugh is enough to make them rage quit.(on voice chat)

"you must be ugly if not you would be on a date" "your mom was busy"...oh wait that might not work for you.Online Experiences in PVP or Multiplayer? - Page 2 3358384175

Take it as a compliment! To quote The Boondocks "If people aint hatin on ya you must be doin somethin wrong" It just means you're winning.

Keep the hatemail as a trophy.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:07 pm

I smiled. I can easily see how it could get old fast though. Not something I'd say unless I actually know the person I'm saying it to so I know it won't be taken as disrespectful.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:33 pm

sinisterapathy wrote:
    bunnywink wrote: or get told to go make a sandwich.

I laughed when i read this...does that make me a bad person? lol

To answer your question...i tend to ignore/mute/block them. Sometimes i like to troll them back a bit though...depends on what they said. Ex: "go make me a sandwich woman!" reply "You're the one who lost you need to make yourself useful and make ME a sandwich."

Always stay calm...if they dont anger you it makes them more angry. Sometimes no reply aside from a simple laugh is enough to make them rage quit.(on voice chat)

"you must be ugly if not you would be on a date" "your mom was busy"...oh wait that might not work for you.Online Experiences in PVP or Multiplayer? - Page 2 3358384175

Take it as a compliment! To quote The Boondocks "If people aint hatin on ya you must be doin somethin wrong" It just means you're winning.

Keep the hatemail as a trophy.

I think trolls do that too. Maybe we should follow what they do lol
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 am

I have met a few people through messaging in games that seemed cool,and werent super negative. That's rare,it seems. I don't play COD, but I've only heard bad things about the online community. A little bit of fun trolling is fine in my opinion, but some people get way to personal.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:31 am

There are a lot of silly trolls whom I can tolerate. Blaring music or generally just messing around in game (usually at the expense of their own KDR). It's all in fun? I find it amusing most of the time.

Then there are the offensive kinds who are just disrespectful to other players and I just can't stand it. Aside from a few rude comments, I haven't really had anything too bad happen to me though. I've played with people that have had much worse said to them - along the lines of threatening bodily harm. I think at that point, one needs to calm down and realize it's just a game.

FPS games must just have a bad rep for online community because I've never encountered something like this in Demon's/Dark Souls. At the same time, I'm also wondering if it would be any different if Demon's/Dark Souls had voice chat. (✧﹏✧)
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:34 am

bunnywink wrote:I'm also wondering if it would be any different if Demon's/Dark Souls had voice chat.

I think the PC edition will come with Voice chat integration. but dont hold me to that.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:43 am

Like I said, it is a blessing that Dark Souls does not have a voice chat. I am glad that players have to resort to other alternatives (Xbox Voice Chat or Skype) in order to communicate with others they WANT to communicate with. Otherwise, I am sure that Dark Souls will not be the silent game it is, with its gestures used to troll as well as the ways of trolling (such as forcing players to attack there NPCs, constant dragon roar, permanent invisibility, hacks, etc).

Although not seen much, it does happen. And it is not rare, either, nor common. More common on the Xbox as I see it on the forums, and I guess you can say I do not see it with my PS3.

I siad this in the past months before, and I'll say it now: Dark Souls is good without chat. keep it anonymous, and keep it peaceful. Some of the things players do to others... I find it questionable that they have not broken any controllers. I broke a few in seeing failure before. I will say it now (as I did before). Of course, I am ok with getting angry, the players I had encoutnered were always a *****. Take this for example:

When I was trying to go threw a black phantomed Demon Ruins on NG+++ with a handicapped character (I was with Whiskey), We were invaded by the same guy as soon as we changed to human. INSTANTLY, no breka or anything. We were invaded about 7 times for me, and about less for whiskey. I won three times, he won four. I was getting angry and this troll trying to defeat our Gravelord play together, so we decided to attack him at once when ever we saw him. As he still showed up after me and whiskey started to connect again, the guy was using Greta magic Barrier to weaken Whiskey's sorceries (which she favoured beside her enchanted balder sword). He even started to hide with the Black Phantom Capra Demons. They were not a problem, as we can kill them (they just can kill with one hit easier and have three times the amount of health, as well as added poise). After that, more Red Phantom players began to show, and we could not run past and reach the Fog to do it there instead of the Bonfire, as they kept coming.

That was a point where I threw my controller at the wall and broke a plastic part between R1 and R2. We won a good amount of times, but we were also unable to ever reach the damn Fog gate for a good two and a half hours, and we wanted to try Lost Izalith and such for more Gravelording. My babe with the server and leather armour was getting annoyed fast.

Fearandwhiskey was hearing my vulgarity VIA skype form my Ipod. She was laughing her *** off. Of course, her anger was a little more settle than mine, but we were both pissed at the interaction from others.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 am

bunnywink wrote:

I've played with people that have had much worse said to them - along the lines of threatening bodily harm.

This reminds me of one of the last times i ever played COD. It was black ops. I tend to play FPS on my xbox despite the horrid community. When it comes to FPS i prefer the controller.

So i was doing pretty good...i dont think i was even in first place though. It seems that i killed this kid multiple times during the match...he freakin lost his mind cussing me out and such. Now obviously i have heard all this before. So i stayed calm which made him more angry. Then the little bastard tells me hes gonna kick my ***. Then he said he would kill me in some way or another. Being a semi responsible adult i simply muted him. Even though it really pissed me off. This effing child that sounds like a *** chipmunk just threatened me...i am a grown *** man damn it! I wanted to say " YOU ARE A CHILD I WILL DESTROY YOU WITHOUT EFFORT!"

lol...i laugh about it now...but that was also the day i quit using voice chat with people i didnt know. This is the internet...you cant take the crap people say seriously. The best thing you can do with this is just ignore them and keep having a good time. Not only does it save you from wasted time and effort but it just bothers them more knowing they couldnt get under your skin. Otherwise youre just giving them what they want.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:23 am

sinisterapathy wrote: This effing child that sounds like a *** chipmunk just threatened me...i am a grown *** man damn it! I wanted to say " YOU ARE A CHILD I WILL DESTROY YOU WITHOUT EFFORT!"

"I brought you into this world, I can sure as **** take you out of it!" would have been my only response before muting him.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:14 am

I'm somewhat humorless I suppose, but I have a zero tolerance policy. I really don't want to listen to some dude blare justin beiber while he sings along, not funny, just irritating.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:05 am

When i get hate mail i reply by either repeating everything they say, exactly like cut and paste what they say, or simply with "your mom" jokes. Its pretty funny.

Had a kid i was copying word for word for like an hour, and so he sends a message saying something vulgar about himself...apparently thinking i would continue to copy him and say the same thing about myself, so i pulled a bugs bunny and for the first time changed it to reflect badly on him. After all that he sent one more message "your kind of a d*ck". Lol made my day.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:12 am

Also, ROOSTER is a nickname i got in high school, used to dominate a game called delta force 2....one of the first games i played with a mic system. When people would start talking badly and get angry, because literally id go 40 kills, run outta ammo die once and repeat, i would start playing Rooster by alice in chains over the mic, and made my name rooster of course. Song has some meaning to me so it fit. My high-school buddies always hated "that rooster guy" until months later they found out it was me. I still do the rooster thing when some guy gets mad on madden 12, good times happy
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:09 am

I really can't relate to the "bad community" part of FPS. The only FPS I play - whenever I'm in the mood to play them -, is COD4. As it has dedicated servers, most of them don't even use voice chat by default. So people that want to troll actually have to write, which I guess is MEH, EFFORT.

Are there crappy people? Yes, there are. But they are not overtly aggresive as the guys you've dealt with it seems. silly
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:37 am

Well the as far as MW3 goes I’m a K/d wh0re I know its bad but I’m super competitive though I just do it for the rush! of being 21 and 0 murdering enemy’s left and right with god like precision. I think I coined the phrase in MW1 running and gunning.

As far as haters go it’s been my policy more recently not to respond unless someone has something intelligent to say.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:58 am

Serious_Much wrote:Generally trolls on popular games are just funny to come up against. I mean when you get a guy on fifa who repeatedly scores own goals so you have to sit there watching him do it for 10 mins straight you appreciate the sentiment silly

There was a guy when my bro was playing some COD MW2 the other day just playing popular 90's songs over and over and I mean cheese like britney spears, spice girls, pokemon, witchdoctors, barbie girl.. It was hilarious.

Thats epicness. Pokemon!!!

My favorite is my abilty to make my voice sound like characters from the show family guy Cleveland and herbert( the popcicle basment guy O~O)

just imagin Cleveland playing Mw3.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:00 am