Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
BLA1NE
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
WyrmHero
Rynn
Buggy Virus
10 posters

Rage Souls [Done] Still Stupid.

Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Rage Souls [Done] Still Stupid. Empty Rage Souls [Done] Still Stupid.

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:29 pm

So before I start this let me clarify one thing: first of all, I know this is a dumb thread, but I was really bored. Second of all, dark souls is probably my favorite game of all time. And although I may say that there are a few mistakes in the game or it feel unfinished, or I feel something was just a bad development decision doesn't mean I dislike Dark Souls. So don't rage at me if I want it to be harder.

With that said: After a few playthroughs on Dark Souls I don't find nearly as much of a challenge. So I started considering ways that would have made it more difficult that didn't inherently alter the game. As such I considering these as interesting additions to the game for once it got into NG+ or NG++, because NG+ may seem difficult if your main strategy is tanking. But if you are used to dodging and parrying then NG+ doesn't add much more of a challenge. So I considered that they should have actively added more enemies or altered HP or damage in a meaningful way.

Basically, I wanted to think of ways to make Dark Souls make me rage again.

So this is a stage by stage break down of how I think the areas should have been altered. So they would be harder and stuff. . . Y'KNOW!

NOTES:
    When I say Dark I mean ToTG dark.
    I would consider removing backstabs for many enemies as well, like barbarians and silver knights.
    I use strange names for many of the enemies, because I forgot the real names, but whatever you know what I mean. Sometimes I change the name I use for specific enemies too, but whatever.
    With all the dark areas I suggest I would also think it cool with sunlight maggot was nerfed, cast light castings had a much shorter duration, and skull lanterns actively used durability.
    And I suppose it would also be interesting if you didn’t start NG+ with all your items and rings.
    And lastly, I know this is a dumb thread, I just have too much spare time (no I don’t, I’m procrastinating), maybe I’ll get to try out something like this when PC comes out and modding becomes viable.

Undead Asylum

Asylum Demon Boss Fight
    NG++: Add a second Asylum Demon During the fight

Firelink To Undead Burg
    Ledge Fight Up To Aqueduct
    NG++: Add Another Firebomb Thrower behind The undead warrior near the door to the aqueduct, add another undead warrior next to the undead axe wielder.
    NG+++: Add Two Crossbowmen Along the Ledge of the aqueduct with long aggro range, add a undead soldier spearman along the aqueduct ledge at the entrance to the interior, add another undead warrior next to the first encountered.

Interior of the aqueduct
    NG++: Place about twenty rats within the interior of the aqueduct before the staircase up.
    NG+++: Double the rats.

Undead Burg
    First Platform With Axe Wielder And Undead Warrior
    NG++: Add a crossbowman on the Broken Wall Next to the Stairs, add an undead spearman on the small wooden bridge, add another axe wielder.
    NG+++: Add an axe wielder, another crossbowman next to the first, add another undead warrior

Drop Down From First Platform
    NG++: Add an undead archer and an undead at the far end of the ambush, In the building with the consumable soul add three undead warriors.
    NG+++: Add two more undead in front of archer, add an axe wielder in the building with the consumable soul add three undead warriors.

Causeway toward ladder to ruined wall
    NG++: Add two more undead and a undead soldier in the back.
    NG+++: Add five more undead, an undead soldier and a crossbowman in the back, add a firebomb thrower at the top of the ladder.

Second Platform between two buildings
    NG++: Add Four Undead Warriors and an axe wielder in the left building, add three undead warriors in the right building, add two spearman in the right building entryway and exit.
    NG+++: Add three fire bomb throwers in the rafters in the left building, add two spearman in front of the firebomb thrower between the two buildings.

Duel Area
    NG++: Add a crossbowman and a firebomb thrower on top of the building you leave before encountering the drake, add three more undead warriors in the middle platform, add two axe wielders, add one undead soldier.
    NG+++: Add two more crossbowman and a firebomb thrower to the new one, add one undead warrior to main area, add one axe wielder, add two undead soldiers, add a spearman on the staircase up to the battlement, add two crossbowmen next to the original, add a hollow thief in the room with the wooden shield.
    (Would make it a pain to clear for hosting)

Undead Merchant Building
    NG++: Add two more spearmen and an undead soldier on the roof, Add one Spearman on the staircase into the basement, add two undead warriors in the basement.
    NG+++: Add Four Undead Warriors Flanking the Spearman on both sides, add two axe wielders and an undead warrior in the basement.

Causeway towards ladder to roof with throwing knives
    NG++: Add six more undead, add an undead archer behind normal undead.
    NG+++: Double the undead, add two more archers.

Building With Axe wielders
    NG++: Add two more axe wielders, add a spearman at the entrance from the causeway.
    NG+++: Add two hollow thieves to ambush the player.

Building with firebomb chest
    NG++: Add two undead warriors in main room.
    NG+++: Replace lone undead warrior in back room with hollow thief.

Upper Courtyard
    NG++: Add two more undead warriors and one axe wielder. Add a firebomb thrower in the sniper tower.
    NG+++: Add three more undead warriors. Add a firebomb thrower and crossbowman in sniper tower. Add a spearman in the sniper tower staircase.

Firebomb Thrower Perch
    NG++: Add two crossbowmen.
    NG+++: Add a firebomb thrower, a crossbowman, and an undead soldier.

Lower courtyard below sniper tower
    NG++: Add two undead soldiers and one spearman.
    NG+++: Add a Mace Steel Knight behind two original undead soldiers.

{b]Taurus Demon Boss fight[/b]
    NG++: Greatly increase HP (really doesn't have enough health as a boss, even in NG+, especially relative to other bosses. Have undead warriors and axe wielders spawn from the fog gates and the top of the towers to drop down. Have crossbowmen respawn.
    NG+++: Increase stock enemy spawn rate, also include undead soldiers.

Drake Bridge
    On top
    NG++: Add ten more spearmen and five more crossbowmen, add four undead soldiers.
    NG+++: Add four spearmen, two crossbowmen, three undead soldiers. Add one sword steel at the end of the bridge.

Below
    NG++: Add a crossbowman in front of the entrance to the rats.
    NG+++: Add a crossbowman in front of the entrance to the rats, add a second spearman.

Rat Room
    NG++: Add ten rats.

Undead Parish
    Boar Courtyard
    NG++: Make the boar immune to damage, only killable by closing the gate on it. Add another crossbowman on the bridge, add two spearmen in front of the portcullis, add a spearman before the crossbowmen's bridge, add two undead soldiers.
    NG+++: Add another boar. Add two more spearmen before the portcullis.

Portcullis detour
    NG++: Make the area dark. Add two torch undead in the ambush, add three undead at the top of the stairs, add one torch undead at the top of the ladder.
    NG+++: Add three hollow thieves on top of the rafter with the item to drop down for an ambush.

Knight Shield Location
    Replace Balder fencer with sword steel knight.

Hallway To Parish Side Courtyard
    NG++: Add a hollow thief on top of the covered hallway to drop down after the player leaves the covered part.
    NG+++: Add two dogs in front of the balder knight.

Parish Side Courtyard
    NG++: Add a balder knight at the entryway.
    NG+++: Add two spearmen flanking the balder knight.

{b]Parish Ground Floor[/b]
    NG++: Add a balder knight next to the steel knight, add another rapier balder knight across from the on in ambush from the main entrance, add a balder knight between the pews. HAve the steel knight respawn.
    NG+++: Add three hollow thieves on the channeler's ledge to drop down and ambush the enemy. Add a pair of dogs in front of the steel knight.

Parish Upper Level
    NG++: Have the channeler respawn. Add two crystal dreglings, add six more undead.
    NG+++: Add a channeler guarding Lautrec, add one crystal dregling, add seven more undead, add one undead archer with line of sight down the hallway to the open area.

Gargoyle Boss Fight
    NG++: Have the second gargoyle come down with full health and a tail when the first one has 3/4 health.
    NG+++: Add two more gargoyles to come down in succession.

Lower Undead Burg
    First Courtyard
    NG++: Add a dog and an undead soldier.
    NG+++: Add a dog and an undead soldier.

Dregling area with twin humanity
    NG++: Double the undeads.
    NG+++: Triple the original undeads, add a channeler.

First Ambush
    NG++: Place a rapier balder knight beyond the ambush point, add another hollow thief during the ambush.
    NG+++: Add two more hollow thieves waiting in ambush.

Second Ambush
    NG++: Place two balder crossbowmen beyond the ambush point.
    NG+++: Add two hollow thieves waiting in ambush.

Before the Boss Gate
    NG++: Add a spearman.
    NG+++: Add two more dogs.

Two Hollow Thieves
    NG++: Add a hollow thief.
    NG+++: Add a rapier balder knight.

Capra Demon Boss fight
    NG++: Greatly increase HP, for the same reason of the taurus demon.
    NG+++: Make the dogs respawn.

The Depths
    Make it all dark except where it isn't explicitly lit.

Down the stairs
    NG++: Add two more undead behind where the staircase ends, add three more undead forward from the stairs.
    NG+++: Add a torch wielding undead to both groups.

Eating Area
    NG++: Add three more undead and two more torch wielders.
    NG+++: Add two more undead, one behind the undead to the left of the staircase ledge down to this area, add three more torch wielders. Add one hollow thief behind the pillar.

Butcher Block
    NG++: Add two more dogs in front of the butcher block. Make butchers resistant to back stabs.
    NG+++: Add a second butcher behind the breakable crates, triggered to bust out when you engage the first butcher. (You know, like the koolaid guy. Make Large Ember chest a mimic.

Water Area
    NG++: Add two more dogs, add one undead, add sludges.
    NG+++: Add a hollow thief behind a pillar, more sludges.

Waterway To First Bonfire
    NG++: Saturate the area with sludges so there is almost a maze. Add two undead, one torch wielder.
    NG+++: Add two undead archers at the end of the hallway near the bonfire door.

Great Axe Rat Location
    NG++: Double the Rats, add sludges.
    NG+++: Triple the Original rats, add two large rats.

Grate closing off bigger rat
    NG++: Double the rats.
    NG+++: Add four toxic rats and two more rats.

Random Hallways that I won't go through one at a time
    I don't know the random hallways in the depths well enough to gauge what should be where, so I would probably just double the rats and add toxic things, because I double all the rats.

Channeler
    NG++: Make the channeler respawn. Add two normal rats.
    NG+++: Add a toxic rat, a large rat, and three more rats.

Big Rat
    NG++: Add ten normal rats who don't leave the room with the big rat.

Basilisk drop down
    Basilisks hop around so much that I'm not really familiar with where they spawn or where I would put more. Most likely doubling the basilisk and adding sludges would make it difficult enough.

Kirk Fight
    I dunno, make him immune to backstabs, or just a better player.

Final group of rats
    NG++: Add two more large rats.
    NG+++: Add five rats.

Gaping Dragon Boss Fight
    This isn't really possible to make any harder. Slowest boss in the game with all attacks that make it immobile and easily dodged. With the channeler respawning it would be likely he would be there during the boss fight. Still not really a challenge. Adding more enemies to the room really wouldn't fit the boss fight. I simply am lost on this.

Blighttown
    Honestly, I don't know blighttown very well, I doubt anyone does. It's one of the more complicated areas, and one hardly anyone sticks around in, it's abysmal. This probably won't be as in depth or well done.

Make the entire area dark where it isn’t lit.
    Make Toxic Dart Blowers Respawn, and make their toxin even more deadly, with base damage in hits.

Now I’ll do my best from there.

First Walkway from depths
    NG++: Add a toxic dart blower at the end of the platform, with a line of sight down the entire walkway. Add two more ghouls.
    NG+++: Add a ghoul.

Twin Bridges To Platform
    NG++: Place a barbarian on the platform in front of the non-rickety bridge, add a ghoul.
    NG+++: Place a toxic dart blower on the Iato platform, add a ghoul who only aggros while the player is crossing the bridge.

Platforms to the bonfire
    NG++: Add a barbarian above the final ladder.

From the bonfire, not progressing further in the level
    NG++: At the base of the long ladder down place two more ghouls.
    NG+++: Add a poison blower at the end of the ledge where the three blooming moss clumps are on the beam.

Rickety bridge
    NG++: Trigger two mosquitoes to attack the player as they cross the bridge.
    NG+++: Trigger eight mosquitoes to attack the player as they cross the bridge.

Passed The Rickety Bridge
    NG++: Add a red dog.
    NG+++: Add a ghoul.

Stone bridge from bonfire progressing the level[b]
    NG++: Add a ghoul to chain aggro with the two dogs.
    NG+++: Add a red dog.

[b]Platforms Before First Cave

NG++: Add two ghouls.
    NG+++: Add three ghouls.

Eagle Shield Battlement
    NG+++: Add a barbarian in front of the eagle shield.

Ladder up to toxic dart blower from the platforms before the caves
    NG++: Add two Ghouls flanking the dart blower.
    NG+++: Add a toxic dart blower.

Tunnels from toxic dart blower
    NG++: Add two ghouls.
    NG+++:Add two boulder barbarians that have line of site of the next lower walkway in the hollowed battlement going downwards.

Tunnels to behind power within parasite wall clinger
    NG++: Add three ghouls who aggro after the barbarian once through the tunnel.
    NG+++: Add a barbarian with the three ghouls added.

The Swamp
    So the swamp is rather a curious beast, being that there are no normal enemies common to it other than those chaos spider things, that regardless are not very hard. It would be my thought that if made more difficult merely the respawning mosquito swarm would respawn faster, and in more numerous numbers. Along with this leeches could be placed more generously about the swamp. This coupled with the swamp being dark would give such restricted vision for a nightmarish effect.

Quelaag Boss Fight
    This is one of those fights that is great as is and really doesn’t have any interesting way to increase the challenge. It doesn’t fit to have enemies spawn to help her out, and her health and damage couldn’t be altered in a meaningful way. It would be more interesting to have two quelaags at the same time, but being Quelaag is a specific person, this wouldn’t make much sense. The best I could imagine for increasing the difficulty is having the lava not fade away.

Ceaseless Discharge
    NG+++: remove trick to kill ceaseless discharge.

Sen’s Fortress
    Again, as always, make any area that isn’t explicitly lit dark. This would mean most of the fortress if I am not mistake. Which is horrifying.

First Room with Pillars
    NG++: Place two serpents right and left of just past the entryway.
    NG+++: Place a serpent mage at the top of the steps.

First two bridges
    NG++: Add a serpent on the higher bridge to drop down once the serpent on the lower bridge is aggroed.
    NG+++: Add two balder crossbowmen on the upper bridge.

Room Beyond the Second Bridge
    NG++: Add two serpent men in this room.
    NG+++: Make the chest a mimic.

Boulder Ramp
    NG++: Add three serpents on the ledge near Seigemeyer. Add two balder knights in the room behind the serpent mage.
    NG+++: Add two balder crossbowmen flank the serpent mage.

Room before next boulder ramp
    NG++: Add a serpent.
    NG+++: Add a serpent.

Second Boulder Run
    NG++: Add two baldur knights on the ledge with the serpent mage that drop down as the player runs by.

Mimic Room
    NG++: Add a serpent.
    NG+++: Add a rapier baldur knight.

Boulder Control Room
    NG++: Add a serpent (Because obviously someone is controlling it)
    NG+++: Add three baldur knights

Third Swinging Bridge
    NG++: Add a baldur crossbowman at the end of the bridge.

Fourth Swinging Bridge
    NG++: Add a serpent in the middle of the bridge.
    NG+++: Add two serpents at the end of the bridge.

Sen’s Rooftop
    NG++: Reset the firebomb giant’s throwing pattern to the pre-patch system.

Flame Ring Location
    NG++: Add three balur knights.
    NG+++: Add two rapier baldur knights.

Three way bridge, non-broken section
    NG++: Add two baldur knights closer to the coverd area.
    NG+++: Add a serpent at the junction who can be damaged by firebombs, add a baldur crossbowman behind the two baldur knights.

Short Cut Room
    NG++: Add two baldur knights.
    NG+++: Add a rapier baldur knight.

Suspended bridge after short cut room
    NG++: Add two baldur crossbowmen at the corners of the bridge who can be hurt by firebombs.
    NG+++: Add a baldur crossbowman in between the two others, add a baldur knight before the first crossbowman.

Bridge to tarkus
    NG++: Add a rapier baldur knight. (Or a steel greatsword knight, couldn't decide)
    NG+++: Add two baldur crossbowmen behind the baldur knight.

Steel Knight
    NG++: Add two baldur knights flanking the steel knight.

Firebomb Giant
    NG++: Make him respawn.
    NG+++: Make him impervious to damage. Make his firebombs impervious to player attacks.

Iron Golem Boss Fight
    NG++: Give the Iron Golem a sever hike in HP, greatly reduce how long he stays toppled, or the amount of time he is staggered before the player can topple him.
    NG+++: Give the Iron Golem infinite HP, and when toppled have the golem rise back to his feet almost immediately.

Anor Londo
    First Treasure Room
    NG++: Add two sentinels barring the exist to the bonfire courtyard. Make sentinels chain pull their partner whenever aggroed.
    NG+++: Make the two original sentinels royal sentinels. Change one of the chests to a mimic.

Second Treasure room
    Same as the first.

First Gargoyle
    NG++: Make the gargoyle respawn.
    NG+++: Add another gargoyle.

Painted guardian area rafters
    First Drop Down Before Ladder
    NG++: Add two more guardians to drop down, add one more guardian on the floor.
    NG+++: Add three more guardians on the floor.

First split in rafters
    NG++: Add a guardian on the right split who only charges the player once the player has either gone right or left.
    NG+++: Add a guardian on the left.

Chandelier
    NG++: Add a guardian by the chandelier.
    NG+++: Add a guardian by the chandelier.

Second Split
    Same as the first, with the addition of:
    NG++: Add a guardian.
    NG+++: Add two guardians.

Before the Ladder down
    NG++: Add a silver knight archer at the top of the ladder with line of sight across the entire rafter area.
    NG+++: Add a silver knight archer on the opposite rafter of the first.

Staircase to level
    NG++: Add a guardian.
    NG+++: Add a guardian.

Divine Blessing Chest
    NG++: Add two silver knights in front of the chest.

Second Gargoyle
    NG++: Make the gargoyle respawn.
    NG+++: Add two winged demons.

Painted Guardian Lower Area
    NG++: Double all the painted guardians, have each one chain pull with their partner.
    NG+++: Add ten painted guardians in front of the painting.

Huge Staircase Up To Palace
    NG++: Add ten silver knights evenly spaced along the staircase.
    NG+++: Add two silver knight spearmen in front, add two silver knight archers in back.

Main Gate
    NG++: Make sentinels chain pull.
    NG+++: Make sentinels royal sentinels. Add a silver knight archer at the ledges above where you find the dragon slayer bow.

Right of the main gate
    NG++: Greatly increase the aggro range of winged demons. Add one silver knight spearman and one winged demon.
    NG+++: Add two winged demons.

Lower Balcony
    NG++: Greatly increase winged demon aggro range. Add two winged demons.
    NG+++: Add a gargoyle.

Gazebo Tower
    NG++: Add two silver knights, add a silver knight archer opposite of the entry point.

Fixture halfway to archer ledge
    NG+++: Add a silver Knight on the far side.

Archer Ledge
    NG++: Add a silver knight spearman at the top of the ramp, add a silver knight archer before the one at the corner of the building silver knight archer.
    NG+++: Add a silver knight archer.

Anor Londo Interior
    Sunlight Medallion Room
    NG++: Add two silver knights flanking the spearman.

Staircase Bottom
    NG++: Add two silver knights.

Havel Armor Room
    NG++: Add two skeletons.
    NG+++: Add a skeleton dog.

Hallway after spiral staircase
    NG++: Have the silver knight archer’s line of sight extended infinitely. Add a silver knight spearman a little behind the doors.
    NG+++: Add two silver knight archers next to the first, add a silver knight near the spearman.

Bedroom Staircase room
    NG++: Add a silver knight.

Rooftop Courtyard
    NG++: Add two spearmen flanking the archer.
    NG+++: Add two gargoyles.

Shortcut Room
    NG++: Have the spearmen chain aggro.
    NG+++: Add a silver knight.

Main Hall
    NG++: Add two silver knights flanking the boss gate, add two silver knight spearmen in front of the main gate.
    NG+++: Add a royal sentinel in front of the boss gate, add two silver knights flanking the original royal sentinels.

Before the broken Stainglass
    NG++: Add a silver knight spearman.
    NG+++: Add two silver knights.

Anor Londo, Stage right exterior
    Outside the giant’s room
    NG++: Add a silver knight barring the entry way.
    NG+++: Add a winged demon.

Courtyard with the locked shortcut to the main gate
    NG++: Add a winged demon. Increase winged demon aggro range.

Lower Balcony
    NG++: Increase winged demon aggro range.

Ornstein and Smough Boss Fight
    I’m really unsure about this next bit, seems more sadistic and overdone to me. This boss fight really is quite good as is.
    NG++: Have Smough Spawn already buffed. Increase both bosses high resistances to specific damage to immunity.
    NG+++: Have them both spawn buffed.

Last edited by Buggy Virus on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Rage Souls [Done] Still Stupid. Empty Re: Rage Souls [Done] Still Stupid.

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Painted World of Aramis
    NG++: Set a timer that resets, whenever its countdown ends have a crow fly down towards the player.
    NG+++: Make area dark.

Outside Gate Shortcut
    NG++: Add two undead under the gate, add three undead over to the right.
    NG+++: Add an infected undead under the gate and a torch wielder, Add two undead and a torch wielder to the right.

Area With Archer and Left Ambush
    NG++: Add an infected fire blower next to the archer.
    NG+++: Add a torch wielder and two undead.

Staircase to the right of square tower
    NG++: Add three undead and one infected undead.
    NG+++: Add two undead archers at the very top and three more undead.

Staircase to top of square tower
    NG++: Add four undead.
    NG+++: Add an undead fire blower at the top of the stairs, add two undead.

Square tower top
    NG++: Add three undead in the center, add a third crow to fly down.
    NG+++: Add two infected undead.

Square tower interior
    NG++: Add one undead and two infected undead.
    NG+++: Add three rats and one infected undead.

Narrow bridge
    NG++: Add a mace steel knight at the end of the bridge.
    NG+++: Add two undead archers behind the steel knight, and one at the balcony with the hanging corpse.

Archer Ambush Area
    NG++: Add an undead archer.

Building
    NG++: Add four undead on the ground floor, and two undead up in the rafters that drop down.
    NG+++: Add three infected undead, and add two hollow thieves in the rafters.

Undead Dragon
    NG++: Add five phalanx in front of the area where the dragon aggros. Make dragon respawn.
    NG+++: Make dragon back half aggressive, and will drop down to lower bridge.

Courtyard
    NG++: Add four phalanx with their back facing the shortcut door, add three phalanx in the doorway to the coliseum facing the coliseum, add two phalanx by the sewer ladder, add five phalanx lead in front of the Jeremiah area, add three clumps of three-four phalanx around the area.
    NG+++: Add fifteen undead amongst the courtyard, add four torch wielders, two fire blowers and two undead archers along the rampart where the hung body drops.

King Jeremiah Area
    NG++: Add four torch undead, add five undead.
    NG+++: Add two infected undead, add six undead, add two torch undead.

Painted Guardian Armor Area
    NG++: Double the rats.
    NG+++: Double the doubled rats.

Hanging corpse that falls into the shortcut area
    NG++: Add an undead archer by spot to cut the rope.
    NG+++: Add two undead.

Sewer Main Area
    NG++: Add twelve rats, add four bonewheels.
    NG+++: Add six rats, add three bonewhells.

Sewer Passage Ways
    NG++: Intersperse twenty five rats.
    NG+++: Add bonewheels on both ends of hallways.

Occult Ember
    NG++: Add a crow to fly down, add three undead, add one infected undead.
    NG+++: Add one fire blower, add two infected undead, add a torch wielder, add a crow.

Vow of Silence
    NG++: Add a crow.
    NG+++: Add a crow.

Coliseum
    NG++: Add three crows along the staircase, add five undead archers along the staircase.
    NG+++: Add two crows, add three phalanx.

Bridge to Boss
    NG++: Add an archer next to each archer, add three more undead to ambush.
    NG+++: Add a greatsword steel knight next to the steel knight, add an archer next to each archer, add six undead to the ambush.

Priscilla Boss Fight
    NG++: If any damage is taken Priscilla goes invisible.
    NG+++: Priscilla has full moveset while invisible and never goes visible.

Dark Root Garden
    NG++: Give Giants a major damage and HP hike.
    NG+++: Make Area Dark

titanite Demon
    NG++: Make titanite demon room dark, have demon respawn.
    NG+++: Add a second demon down below the stairs.

Exit From The Parish
    NG++: Add two ents in the ground to the right of the exit, add a standing ent to the left.
    NG+++: Add four ents in the ground in the area, add a standing ent.

Junction to darkroot basin
    NG++: Add two ents in the grounds, add an ent standing.
    NG+++: Add a stone giant in the pool, add two ents in the ground.

Ledge
    NG++: Add three ents along the ledge in the ground who aggro after the player goes by, add two standing ents.

Next Clearing
    NG++: Add a stone giant in the center, add five ents in the ground.
    NG+++: Add seven ents in the ground.

Ambush Area, past the bonfire
    NG++: Add five ents in the ground.
    NG+++: Add three ents in the ground.

First encountered stone giant
    NG++: Add two ents in the ground who only aggro when the giant is triggered.
    NG+++: Add three ents in the ground who only aggro when the giant is triggered.

Elite Armor Set
    NG++: Add three standing ents and a stone giant, add two ents in the ground.
    NG+++: Add four ents in the ground.

Partizan Pickup
    NG++: Add three ents in the ground near the tree lizard.
    NG+++: Add one ent in the ground.

Giant Before Tower
    NG++: Add a stone giant, add two ents in the ground flanking the stone giant that aggro if the player attempts to run through.
    NG+++: Add a stone giant, add two ents in the ground.

Clearing beyond the living tree
    NG++: Add three red lizards, add five ents in the ground.
    NG+++: Add three ents in the ground.

Clearing by the water
    NG++: Add two red lizards already on land, add three red lizards to the ambush, add three ents in the ground by the water.
    NG+++: Add a stone giant, add one red lizard on land, add four red lizards to the ambush, add two ents in the ground.

Stone Giant on Route To Wolf Ring
    NG++: Add three ents in the ground that aggro as the stone giant is activated.
    NG+++: Add two ents in the ground.

Moonlight Butterfly Boss Fight
    NG++: Greatly increase the moonlight butterfly’s health, activate full moveset from the beginning of the fight, remove the moonlight butterfly coming to the bridge to recharge.
    NG+++: Add a second moonlight butterfly.

Dark Root Basin
    NG++: Greatly increase crystal golem health and damage.

Crystal Golem Area
    NG++: Add six crystal golems, twelve ents in the ground, and fourteen crystal dreglings. Make the hydra respawn.
    NG+++: Add a second hydra, four crystal golems, six ents in the ground, and five crystal dreglings.

Dusk Golem
    NG++: Add a channeler.
    NG+++: Add a channeler, add two golden golems.

Dark Root Forest
    NG+++: Make area dark.

Cat Area
    NG++: Change Cat’s aggro so they don’t terminate their attack, but pursue the player regardless. Add five ents in the ground.
    NG+++: Add three cats, add two ents.

Dark Root Forest Invader Area
    I don’t know the general invader area well enough, well I know the area with the npc’s well enough, but not the area with the ents, and honestly I don’t even know how many ents there are. Obviously I would add more ents, and add more npc’s, but I really don’t understand the area well enough for commentary.
    NG++: Have all NPCs respawn.

Mushroom Area
    NG++: Add four more giant mushrooms around the enchanted ember, tether three of the giant mushrooms to not move away from the chest.
    NG+++: Add 25 curse frogs amongst the area. Make the chest a mimic.

Sif Boss Fight
    NG++: Make all of Sif’s side swipes dead angle.
    NG+++: Give Sif Health Regen.

Valley Of The Drakes

First Drake
    NG++: Add a second drake.

Bridge
    NG++: Add a drake behind the original who doesn’t move.

Drake Trio
    NG++: Add a drake.
    NG+++: Add a drake.

Undead Dragon
    NG++: Have the undead dragon respawn.

Return To The Undead Asylum
    NG+++: Make lower levels of the asylum dark.

Torch Wielder Area
    NG++: Add six Torch wielders, add four undead.
    NG+++: Add four hollow thieves behind rubble who aggro as the player passes, add four torch wielders, add two undead.

Main Courtyard
    NG++: Add eight undead, two undead soldiers, and four torch wielders.
    NG+++: Add four undead archers, three undead soldiers, and five undead.

Oscar
    NG++: Add an NPC in knight gear, with a tower kite shield and a bastard sword.
    NG+++: Add an NPC in cleric armor, with a heater shield, a canvas talisman, and a lucerne; using the miracles great heal, soothing sunlight, bountiful sunlight, great heal, force.

Balcony over courtyard area
    NG+++: Add two torch wielders, add three undead.

Room Before Rusted Iron Ring
    NG++: Add two undead soldiers.
    NG+++: Add a spear undead soldier, add an undead soldier, and three undead.

Stray Demon Boss Fight
    NG++: Add undead and torch wielders that drop down through the hole in the ceiling that continually respawn.
    NG+++: Make boss fight dark.

Graveyard
    Again an area I don’t know by heart.
    NG++: Double skeletons in every encounter.
    NG+++: Add two skeletons in every encounter that spawn standing up.
    Catacombs
    NG++: Have All Necromancers respawn. Make skeletons in a close proximity to necromancers respawn regardless of divine auxillary.
    NG+++: Make the entire area dark. Have flying skulls that respawn on a timer that always head towards the player.
    NG++++: Make Bridges Reset.

Circular Stairwell Around Pit
    NG+++: Add a skeleton and a falchion skeleton. Double the Flying Skulls.

Pile of Bones Room
    NG++: Double the skeletons in the room. Add a falchion skeleton barring the corridor forward.
    NG+++: Add three skeletons already standing.

Room before the bonfire
    NG++: Add two skeletons standing, and one on the ground.
    NG+++: Add a skeleton standing, one on the ground, and one falchion skeleton on the ground.

Bonfire Room
    NG++: Add two falchion skeletons.
    NG+++: Add three skeletons.

Ledge Before First Bridge
    NG+++: Add three skeletons and a falchion skeleton.

Necromancer Area
    NG++: Add three skeletons and two falchion skeletons.
    NG+++: Add three skeleton archers near where the necromancer stands, add two skeletons.

Tomb Area
    NG++: In the furthest area in the back have a bonewheel. Add six skeletons throughout the area, and three on the ground.
    NG+++: Bind the skeletons to a second necromancer as well who sits near the bonewheel. Add a bonewheel by the skeletal archer, add two falchion skeletons, add one skeleton, add two skeletons on the ground, and add a falchion skeleton on the ground.

ledge to next switch
    NG++: Add three skeletons.
    NG+++: Add two bonewheels near the end of the ledge, add a skeletal archer near the end, add one falchion skeleton, and add two skeletons on the ground.

Over Next Bridge
    NG++: Add two skeleton archers behind the two original skeletons. Add a falchion skeleton.
    NG+++: Add a bonewheel next to the necromancer, add two skeletons.

Circular Stairwell
    NG++: Add a falchion skeleton along the staircase.
    NG+++: Add two skeletons.

Bottom of the Stairwell
    NG+++: Add a necromancer that all the skeletons bound to the necromancer at the top are also bound to.

Switch Room
    NG+++: Add two falchion skeletons.

Last edited by Buggy Virus on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Room with passageway to Dark Seance Ring area
    NG+++: Add three skeletons on the ground.

Room after wall break
    NG++: Double the archers.
    NG+++: Add two skeletons on the ground.

Giant Skeleton
    NG++: Add a giant skeleton on the ground.
    NG+++: Add a giant skeleton that drops down.

Necromancer before tranquil walk of peace
    NG++: Add a falchion skeleton.
    NG++: Add a skeleton.

Area with flying skulls that I always skip because you can jump the broken bridge
    NG++: Double the flying skulls. Add two skeletons and one falchion skeleton.
    NG+++: Add three flying skulls, two falchion skeletons, and one skeleton.

Sarcophagus Area
    NG++: Add a necromancer behind the titanite demon with all skeletons in that area bound to. Add fourteen skeletons throughout, two bonewheels near the titanite demon, and six falchion skeletons. Make the titanite demon respawn.
    NG+++: Give the titanite demon aggro range across the entire hall. Add seven skeletons, and three falchion skeletons.

Room above black knight
    NG++: Add two falchion skeletons.
    NG+++: Add one skeleton.

Black Knight
    NG++: Make the black knight respawn.
    NG+++: Add two falchion skeletons flanking the black knight.

Last necromancer
    NG++: Add two skeletons in front of his archers.

Bonewheel area
    NG++: Double the bonewheels. Add three skeletons in the general area, add a skeleton archer on the lower ledge from leroy.
    NG+++: Add a necromancer the last necromancer’s skeletons were bound to, add two falchion skeletons around him, add five bonewheels, add five skeletal archers amongst all the Leroy ledges.

Pinwheel Boss Fight
    NG++: Greatly increase pinwheel’s health, and add a second real pinwheel that spawns in when the first one creates illusions. Once in awhile have a skeleton fall into the boss room.
    NG+++: Make the floor spawn skeleton babies.

Dark Anor Londo
    NG++: Make the entire area dark, close the main anor londo gate.

Two NPCs
    NG++: Add a greatsword steel knight and a steel knight NPC using the winged spear.
    NG+++: Add a mace steel knight and a steel knight NPC using a mace.

Outside of the Blacksmith
    NG++: Add two winged demons.

Balcony With titanite Chunck
    NG++: Add a winged demon.
    NG+++: Add three winged demons.

In front of the main gate
    NG++: Add two mace steel knights.
    NG+++: Add an npc wearing full velka’s (blast this isn’t canon), add a greatsword steel knight.

Darkmoon Knightess
    NG++: Add two baldur NPCs flanking her.
    NG+++: Give both NPCs darkmoon blade.

Darkmoon Bonfire
    NG++: Add a darkmoon brass knight NPC.
    NG+++: Add two darkmoon brass knight NPCs. (because who’s to say Gwyndolin didn’t have more of that armor.)

Gwyndolin Boss Fight
    NG++: Make all of gwyndolin’s attack pass through pillars unhindered.
    NG+++: Add a second gwyndolin with no health that teleports and always stays one behind the real gwyndolin. Occasionally spawn darkmoon knights in the back of the infinite hallway behind gwyndolin.

Great Hollow
    An area that I have no idea what is going on in. But I bet I could still make it harder.
    NG++: Add about twenty curse frogs interspersed along plenty of branches. At the base double the mushrooms, add three big mushrooms.
    NG+++: Make the area dark, add fifteen curse frogs. Double the mushrooms, add four big mushrooms.

Ash Lake
    NG++: Add a hydra. Double all the clams.
    NG+++: Add two hydras. Quadruple all the clams.

Hollow Tree
    NG++: Add two big mushrooms, add five curse frogs.
    NG+++: Add one big mushroom, add six curse frogs.

Empty Lava Basin
    Taurus Demon Area
    NG++: Make Taurus Demons respawn. Add two Taurus Demons.
    NG+++: Make Taurus Demons chain pull, add a taurus demon.

First Capra Demon
    NG++: Add a taurus demon behind the capra demon who is chain pulled.
    NG+++: Add a capra demon.

Demon Ruins
    First Two Capra Demons
    NG++: Greatly increase aggro range, make them chain pull. Add two living statues.
    NG+++: Add a capra demon.

Next set of capra demons
    NG++: Greatly increase aggro range, make them chain pull. Add a taurus demon.
    NG+++: Add three living statues and a capra demon.

Lower level
    NG++: Add three capra demons.
    NG+++: Add four living statues and one capra demon.

Staircase down
    NG++: Double the living statues, add two capra demons who chain pull with the taurus demon.
    NG+++: Add a second taurus demon.

Ledge To Chaos Ember
    NG++: Add two capra demons flanking each taurus demon

Lone capra demon to right of fog gate
    NG++: Add two capra demons.
    NG+++: Add two capra demons.

Boss Gate
    NG++: Add four living statues.
    NG++: Add two capra demons.

Fire sage demon boss fight
    NG++: Add living statues that spawn through the boss gates at either end of the room.
    NG+++: Make the area dark.

Stairs To Elevator Shortcut. First Level.
    NG++: Double the living statues.

Second Level
    NG++: Double the living statues.
    NG+++: Add four capra demons.

Elevator
    NG++: Add an asylum demon.

Demon Centipede Boss Fight
    NG++: Add capra demons and rarely a taurus demon who spawn out of the fog gates.
    NG+++: Give the Centipede demon health regen.

Lost Izalith
    Lava Pathway To First Island
    NG++: Add an undead dragon back half that you must fight.
    NG+++: Add five capra demons on the island, add six living statues. Add an undead dragon on the right side of the island.

Lava pathway to second island
    NG++: Add two undead dragon back halves that you must fight, and an undead dragon.
    NG+++: Add six capra demons on the island, and two living statues.

Second Island Top Area
    NG++: Add an undead dragon at the end of the broken highway who breaths poison out onto the lava. Make him respawn.
    NG+++: Add five taurus demons guarding his back half.

Tube out of the lava field
    NG++: Add an undead dragon.
    NG+++: Add three taurus demons, make the undead dragon respawn.

Non-lava Field Area
    NG+++: Make asylum demons spawn on a timer and spawn near above the player and drop down.

Living Statue Tunnel Area
    NG++: Double the living statues. Add nine capra demons.
    NG+++: Add a taurus demon on the other side of the tunnel, add six living statues, and four capra demons.

Junction Between Siegemeyer and titanite demon[b]
    NG++: Double the living statues. Add five capra demons.
    NG+++: Add an asylum demon.

[b]titanite Demon

NG++: Add four living statues around the titanite demon.
    NG+++: Add a second titanite demon.

Solaire Fight
    NG++: Give Solaire Crestfallen Warriors AI.
    NG+++: Give solaire sunlight blade. (I support it’s canon.)

Chaos Eater Swamp
    NG++: Make area dark. Make Chaos eaters near immune to pierce damage.

Drop Down With Siegemeyer
    NG++: Add three chaos eaters, add eight chaos bugs.
    NG+++: Add a chaos eater, add four chaos bugs.

Poison Tunnels
    NG++: Add four chaos eaters and fourteen chaos bugs.
    NG+++: Add five chaos eaters, and ten chaos bugs.

Before the Boss Gate
    NG++: Have witch of chaos respawn. Add an asylum demon.
    NG+++: Add three capra demons.

Chaos Whip Chest
    NG++: Add a taurus Demon.

Bed of Chaos Boss Fight
    NG++: Make the bed of chaos completely reset if the player dies during an attempt. After the first pylon is destroyed have capra demons spawn out of the heart and slide down from the boss gate. After the second pylon is destroyed have taurus demons also slide down from the boss gate.
    NG+++: Make capra demons spawn from the offset. Have two asylum demons start in the center of the room. After the first pylon is destroyed have taurus demons spawn. After the second pylon is destroyed have asylum demons spawn.

Duke’s Archives
    Boars
    NG++: Make the boars respawn.
    NG+++: Add a silver knight archer behind each boar.

Hall after the elevator
    NG++: Add a channeler in the middle, add three crystal dreglings along the edges.
    NG+++: Add two crystal archers by the original, add four crystal dreglings along the edges.

First library
    NG++: Add five crystal dreglings, with two right next to the channeler.
    NG+++: Add four crystal dreglings and two crystal archers on the staircase, and three crystal archers on top of the book cases.

Balcony to Mimic
    NG++: Add four crystal dreglings.
    NG+++: Add two crystal archers by the mimic, add two crystal dreglings.

Crystal Warrior
    NG++: Add a second crystal NPC who uses the crystal straight sword.
    NG+++: Add a crystal NPC using the crystal straight sword, add a channeler.

Next Bit

Last edited by Buggy Virus on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:48 pm

....and? I'm sorry, but I don't really like reading changes people feel should have happened, rather I'd like to see them implemented.
    I'm still thinking of running a private server on the comp version with several changes to make it more difficult.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Rynn wrote:....and? I'm sorry, but I don't really like reading changes people feel should have happened, rather I'd like to see them implemented.
    I'm still thinking of running a private server on the comp version with several changes to make it more difficult.

Again like I said, it's a dumb thread, I was bored.

BUT THE PRIVATE SERVER THING IS WHAT I ALSO WANTED TO TRY!

And I'll probably start uploading my no bonfire run later if you want to see a difficult thing implemented.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Would definitely make the game more challenging and fun. I would say balance the ridiculous increase in damage so that light armor builds have a place in PvE.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:59 pm

This is extensive. I was imagining a couple of the suggestions and I agree whole heartedly.

I always thought that if they implemented a randomization of mobs within the areas it would create that sense of the unknown that we get during our first playthroughs!

Great write-up!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:06 pm

How is one supposed to beat the Iron Golem if he's immune to damage? Also, the firebomb giant nukes the Iron Golem battle if you leave him alive, making the battle nearly impossible, so making him invincible doesn't really work.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:How is one supposed to beat the Iron Golem if he's immune to damage? Also, the firebomb giant nukes the Iron Golem battle if you leave him alive, making the battle nearly impossible, so making him invincible doesn't really work.

Maybe making it where your hits count for stagger without the damage this way you're forced to make him fall off the field. I agree with the fireballs though, it forces the fight to either bridge and not the main field making the fight super restricted! Than again, maybe this is the desired effect!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:17 am

Hey, Buggy's fully positive now! big grin

I like your suggestions. More enemies, and different enemy placement, would greatly add to the experience. I actually like the consistent enemy placement, as it allows for the precise planning and execution required for speed runs, but as you suggested I think they should change with NGs. What I mean is, every NG the enemies are always the same; in NG+ they're different from NG, but every NG+ is the same; same for NG++, and so on. Obviously From couldn't make an unlimited number of enemy placements, but they could make a certain number of them and make them cycle, or when you get to NG+infinity they could be in random order, etc. Also:

Black Phantom Mode! Still needs to happen. Would add enemies, in new positions, and increase the difficulty.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:29 am

MudoRH wrote:This is extensive. I was imagining a couple of the suggestions and I agree whole heartedly.

I always thought that if they implemented a randomization of mobs within the areas it would create that sense of the unknown that we get during our first playthroughs!

Great write-up!

Thanks, post your own suggestions if you like, this isn't a very serious thread as I can't actually do this, so I would love to hear other people's ideas too.

Ghadis_God wrote:How is one supposed to beat the Iron Golem if he's immune to damage? Also, the firebomb giant nukes the Iron Golem battle if you leave him alive, making the battle nearly impossible, so making him invincible doesn't really work.

Push him off the edge. (And you didn't hear it from me, but if his firebombs are destroyed he stops throwing, but since the player can't destroy them. . . Unless you baited the giant into destroying his own firebombs. . . hmm. . .)

BLA1NE wrote:Hey, Buggy's fully positive now! big grin

I like your suggestions. More enemies, and different enemy placement, would greatly add to the experience. I actually like the consistent enemy placement, as it allows for the precise planning and execution required for speed runs, but as you suggested I think they should change with NGs. What I mean is, every NG the enemies are always the same; in NG+ they're different from NG, but every NG+ is the same; same for NG++, and so on. Obviously From couldn't make an unlimited number of enemy placements, but they could make a certain number of them and make them cycle, or when you get to NG+infinity they could be in random order, etc. Also:

Black Phantom Mode! Still needs to happen. Would add enemies, in new positions, and increase the difficulty.

You get the first +1 for noticing, now that I can give alter since I'm have positive! I forgot this would mean I could alter other people now!

I really want to do black phantom mode with someone, but the sad thing is if you do you will be screwing over two other players.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:45 am

I didn't notice you had other suggestions beside enemy placement--such as making the Iron Golem invincible. I'll give this thread the respect it deserves and read it through. (Tomorrow, though!) Having the fireball giant be invincible wouldn't be such a huge inconvenient anyways, since he only throws the fireballs in the center of the arena. Especially if the only way to kill the Golem would be to make him fall, since you have to be on the bridges for that, where the giant doesn't throw.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:03 am

First of all I would like to say how much I admire Buggy Virus's tenacity, hard work and devotion to Dark Souls. In fact the same sentiments apply to a lot of people on this wiki (too many to list) who give the their time freely, so that lesser mortals like myself can get as much as possible from the game. I salute you all.

However, I can't be the only one who thinks that Dark Souls is quite hard enough thank you, although I would have no objection to any of the suggestions made by Buggy Virus, as long as they formed part of an optional difficulty level and I could carry on struggling with the game as it is.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:30 am

yo buggy just a suggestion, before the pc comes out and you mod the crap out of it why not try a base weapon/gear run see how many NG's you can get on that, its interesting ahaha
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Maybe randomizing Mimics each playthrough, where every chest has a chance to be a Mimic? That would always keep you on your toes.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Roving enemies that patrol areas, different ones for each area and whatever they are they'll be tough, might that work, that way you either have to time yourself to avoid patrols or risk being ambushed in the middle of doing something.
    Owl
    Owl
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Owl Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Maybe randomizing Mimics each playthrough, where every chest has a chance to be a Mimic? That would always keep you on your toes.

Only if all of the chains on the sides looked the same. silly
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:58 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:Roving enemies that patrol areas, different ones for each area and whatever they are they'll be tough, might that work, that way you either have to time yourself to avoid patrols or risk being ambushed in the middle of doing something.

You know, I never noticed that there are no enemies in dark souls that actually patrol, that's a good point. That would be really cool for the Duke's if there were a ton of roving channelers.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:19 am

^Turn Dark Souls into a stealth game? silly

I like the idea of some super-powerful enemies roaming randomly, though. When you're faced with them (you crap your pants) you go into fight or flight mode! Would add another layer of tension to the gameplay, that's for sure.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Duke’s Prison
    NG++: Make the Pisacas near immune to damage. If player dies keep the music playing.
    NG+++: Make the Pisacas immune to damage.

Your cell
    NG++: Add two crystal dreglings.
    NG+++: Add a crystal NPC.

Staircase down
    NG++: Add three man serpents.
    NG+++: Add four man serpents.

Next Cell
    NG++: Replace crystal dregling with a crystal NPC.
    NG+++: Add two crystal dreglings.

Next Cell
    NG++: Add three crystal Dreglings.
    NG+++: Add four crystal dreglings.

Next Cell
    NG++: Add a crystal NPC.
    NG+++: Add a crystal NPC.

Pisaca Area
    NG++: Add four pisacas.
    NG+++: Add five pisacas.

Gramophone Area
    NG++: Add two man serpents.
    NG+++: Add a man serpent mage and a channeler.

Duke’s Archives
    First ledge
    NG++: Add three crystal dreglings.

Little room with crystal archer
    NG+++: Add one crystal dregling.

Second ledge to entrance to Duke’s Archive

Duke’s Interior
    NG++: Add two channelers that patrol.
    NG+++: Add four channelers that patrol.
    Again an area I don’t know the placement of every enemy perfectly. To be general I would add crystal archers add the ends and middles of every long area. Along with that I would add three on top of the book cases near the bonfire. I would also add about twenty crystal dreglings in the area. In NG+++: I would add ten more crystal dreglings, and a channeler between the book cases near the bonfire.

Library With Various Chests
    NG++: Make the crystal ember chest a mimic.
    NG+++: Add two black mage NPCs with catalysts, leather shields, and short swords. Give them all the spells that Griggs has, with also great magic weapon, great magic shield, and the effects of all the dragon rings.

Logan’s Cell
    NG++: Add a black mage NPCs.
    NG+++: Add two black mage NPCs.

Logan Fight
    NG++: Give logan access to all the oolacile spells. Make hidden body make logan completely invisible, but will then only use white dragon breath and soul spear. Make Logan cast crystal homing soul mass and crystal soul spear much more often. Give logan the effects of the wolf ring. Greatly increase his health.
    NG+++: When Logan reaches half health have six black mage NPCs rush into the room who are both aggressive towards Logan and the player.

Archive’s Garden
    NG++: Greatly increase all golems health and damage. Double all golems. Add twenty five crystal dreglings throughout.
    NG+++: Add twelve crystal golems throughout.

Sieglinda’s Golem
    NG+++: Add a channeler.

Before the crystal Caves
    NG++: Add two crystal golems.
    NG+++: Add a channeler and two crustal golems.

Crystal Caves
    NG++: Greatly increase moonlight butterfly aggro range to attack players as they pass.
    NG+++: Spawn moonlight butterflies on a timer that fly towards the player.

First Golem
    NG+++: Add a golem.

At the bottom of the first invisible bridge.

[b]First White Golem

NG++: Add two crystal archers behind.

Crystal Island
    NG++: Add three crystal dreglings.
    NG+++: Add a channeler and two crystal dreglings.

End of last crystal bridge
    NG+++: Add four crystal dreglings.

Clam Room
    NG++: Double the clams. Give clams curse auxiliary.
    NG+++: Add four crystal golems, add five clams.

Seath Boss Fight
    NG++: Give primordial crystal a health bar about half of Seath’s total health. Spawn clams through the boss gate.
    NG+++: Make the primordial crystal when it runs out of health stay alive, and make Seath’s only vulnerable when the crystal has less than a quarter health. Give the primordial crystal health regen, and give Seath health regen while invulnerable. Spawn crystal golems, channelers, crystal dreglings, and moonlight butterflies.

Tomb Of The Giants
    First Skeleton Giant
    NG++: Add six skeletons.
    NG+++: Add one skeleton giant.

After First Slide
    NG++: Add a skeleton giant.

After Second Slide
    NG++:Add five skeletons.
    NG+++: Add two skeletons and a skeleton giant.

After third slide
    NG++: Add seven skeletons, and a necromancer all the skeletons in the ToTG so far are bound to.
    NG+++: Add five skeletons.

Patches Treasure Area
    NG++: Give the two clerics soothing and bountiful sunlight as well as great heal, and after taking any amount of sizeable damage, run and heal. Add a pinwheel at the top of the ramp with white titanite. Add three skeletons on the ground around the area.
    NG+++: Add six skeleton pillars throughout the area.

Skeleton Pillars Towards The Ladder
    NG++: Double the skeleton pillars.
    NG+++: Add a pinwheel behind the skeleton pillars.

At the top of the ladder
    NG+++: Add a necromancers all the skeletons all the skeletons in the ToTG so far are bound to.

Large Divine Ember Tomb
    NG++: Add three pinewheels.
    NG+++: Add a pinwheel and two skeleton giants.

Ramp from sarcophagus towards exit of the ToTG

Archer before ladder
    NG+++: Add a giant skeleton.

Top of the ladder

First Skeleton Dog
    NG++: Add a second skeleton dog.

Skeleton Archer and dog area
    NG++: Add five skeletons.
    NG+++: Add a skeleton dog between the two skeleton dogs.

Caves below last area
    NG++: Add three falchion skeletons on the ground, add a necromancer all the skeletons since the first dog are bound to.

Skeleton Dog and giant Area
    NG++: Add four skeletons.
    NG+++: Behind the giant add a necromancer all the skeletons since the first dog are bound to. Add two skeletons.

Silver Covetous Ring
    NG++: Add a pinwheel.
    NG+++: Add a pinwheel.

Three skeleton dog area
    NG++: Increase dog aggro range.

Before ladder
    NG++: Add five skeletons.
    NG+++: Add two skeleton giants.

Ledge Along To Orange Fog Gate
    NG++: Add six skeletons and two falchion skeletons. Add a necromancer all the skeletons since the last necromancer are bound to.
    NG+++: Add four skeletons and a giant skeleton archer at the end of the ledge.

Ledge Within The Orange Fog Gate
    NG++: Add six skeletons.
    NG+++: Add three skeleton giants, add two falchion skeletons.

Little skeleton archer/pillar ambush
    NG++: Add two skeletons on the ground in front of the archer.
    NG+++: Add a skeleton giant.

Pinwheel Cave Right After Entrance
    NG++: Add a necromancer all the skeletons since the last necromancer are bound to and all further skeletons. Add three skeletons on the ground around him.

Pinwheel water
    NG++: Add two undead Giants.
    NG+++: Add one undead dog

Upper Area
    NG++: Add two pinwheels. Add four skeletons.
    NG+++: Add three pinwheels, add three falchion skeletons.

Gravelord Nito Boss Fight
    NG++: Give Nito acidic, poison and toxic auxiliary. Make his toxic much more damaging. Give his melee attacks bleed auxiliary. Make Nito resurrect skeletons he is nearby.
    NG+++: Continually spawn skeletons into the boss room along with skeleton giants.

New Londo Upper Area
    NG++: Add a timer that spawns two ghosts towards the player.
    NG+++: Make Area Dark.

First ghost encounter
    NG++: Add four undead and two ghosts.
    NG+++: Add three undead and a ghost.

Firekeeper Soul
    NG++: Add two undead on the soul.
    NG+++: Add an undead in the middle of the bridge.

Shortcut
    NG++: Add five undead, and two ghosts.
    NG+++: Add six undead, and one ghost.

Stairs
    NG++: Add five undead.
    NG+++: Add four undead and have them drop down from the lower staircase to the player.

Top of stairs
    NG++: Add three undead.
    NG+++: Add three ghosts.

Bridge to elevator
    NG++: Add an undead.
    NG+++: Add a ghost near the undead, in the ground.

Room beyond elevator
    NG++: Add two undead.
    NG+++: Add three undead.

Ledge To Fog Gate
    NG++: Add five undead.
    NG+++: Add six undead, and two ghosts.

Female Ghost
    NG++: Add two ghosts in the wall before her.
    NG+++: Add one ghost in the wall behind her.

Covered Bridge
    NG++: Add six undead
    NG+++: Add two undead and one ghost.

Haunted Building First Room
    NG++: Add one undead, add two ghosts.

Stairs Parallel to broken stairs
    NG++: Add two undead.
    NG+++: Add a ghost.

Room to ladder to roof
    NG++: Add three undead.
    NG+++: Add two ghosts and two undead.

Hallways to curse bite ring
    NG++: Add seven undead throughout.
    NG+++: Add three ghosts.

Rooftop Around Sealer[b]
    NG++: Add twelve undead on the roof have them drop into the building through windows.
    NG+++: Add eight undead on the roof.

[b]Ledge to the seal tower

NG++: Add nine undead.
    NG+++: Add three undead.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:15 pm

New Londo Lower Area
    NG++: Make area dark. Keep ghost timer. Make Blobs respawn.
    NG+++: Make Dark Wraiths backstab immune. Add a timer that spawns flying skulls.

Opening the the valley of the drakes.
    NG++: Add twelve undead.
    NG+++: Add five undead and a darkwraith.

Archway After Wooden Passageways
    NG++: Add a darkwraith

Blob area
    NG++: Add six undead.
    NG+++: Add two dark wraiths.

Ledges to giant ember
    NG++: Add twenty undead along the ledges. Make the chest a mimic.
    NG+++: Add a dark wraith in front of the chest.

Small Pool Before Illusionary Wall
    NG++: Add thirteen undead and a blob.
    NG+++: Add a darkwraith and three undead.

Below the shortcut
    NG++: Add a dark wraith.
    NG+++: Add a blob.

Area next to illusionary wall
    NG++: Add a dark wraith.
    NG+++: Add a darkwraith and one undead.

Area beyond the well
    NG+++: Add a darkwraith.

Blob church
    NG++: Add two ghosts, six undead, and one dark wraith.
    NG+++: Add twelve undead and one dark wraith.

Before the boss fog gate
    NG++: six undead and one dark wraith.
    NG+++: Add four undead and three dark wraiths just before the fog.

Four Kings Boss Fight
    NG++: Make kings attack regardless to how close the player is to other kings.
    NG+++: Spawn kings in pairs.

Kiln Of The First Flame
    NG++: Remove Black Knight back stab.

Halfway before first knight
    NG++: Add another black knight encounter.

First Black Knight
    NG++: Add a black knight who chain pulls.
    NG+++: Add a axe black knight.

Greatsword Black Knight
    NG++: Add two black knights.
    NG+++: Add a black knight.

Start of the bridges
    NG++: Add a halberd black knight.

Pillar in the middle of the bridges
    NG++: Add an axe black knight behind the pillar.
    NG+++: Add a greatsword black knight off to the right.

Bridge black knight
    NG++: Add a halberd black knight behind him.

End of the bridge
    NG++: Add a black knight.

Before Break in the staircase
    NG+++: Add a greatsword black knight.

Axe Black knight
    NG+++: Add an axe black knight and a black knight.

Halberd Black Knight
    NG++: Add two halberd black knights.
    NG+++: Add two black knights and a greatsword black knight.

Gwyn Boss Fight
    NG++: Make gwyn unparriable, give him health regen.
    NG+++: Spawn various black knights through the fog gate. Increase Gwyn’s health regen.

[author's note]

I don't think I would be able to beat any of the four lords.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    Logan Fight
    NG++: Give logan access to all the oolacile spells. Make hidden body make logan completely invisible, but will then only use white dragon breath and soul spear. Make Logan cast crystal homing soul mass and crystal soul spear much more often. Give logan the effects of the wolf ring. Greatly increase his health.
    NG+++: When Logan reaches half health have six black mage NPCs rush into the room who are both aggressive towards Logan and the player.

I really like this idea!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:01 am

MudoRH wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:
    Logan Fight

I really like this idea!

Probably should have put in more things that are related to the subtle canon references, like pardoners in the painted world, or an occult shield wielder.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:45 am