Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Lancelot
Sorrow95
GrinTwist
IV_Mark_VI
Shkar
RNsunbro
Nybbles
Chr0m3
Phantasmio
Knight Alundil
Aces ovr Eights
Aramat_857
DigitaLinsanitY
matthewm7
Cynic
Bloodios
ICEFANG
tofucactaur
Darkson
Jorund
bmurn
Shabbalaba
Scirvir
Doelker
Lachsfilet
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
befowler
Eolan
dead_boy
roomsixteen
baby_beavis
VinheimProfessor
Rynn
Bold berthold
Dark Souls PRO
Green__Eagle
ublug
Gawain
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
BoilerFan8472
swordiris
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Isirith
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
fireLESS
53 posters

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 15 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:02 pm

My freak out is not over the fact that this game plays such a damn important role in my life, it's just that I sometimes get really really angered by such "twisted" arguments.

Why the hell, why is it relevant if someone else has experienced the same thing? If Rynn is really the first one who "discovered" it, doesn't that make it even more mysterious and exciting?!?! What is the reason not to get excited about it? (assuming that Rynn has at least a bit of passion) (doesn't seem like it though) (which would make me wonder why exactly she is posting in this thread) (also she's a very contributive member)

I just doesn't make sense to me.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run - Page 15 Empty Re: Extinguish the bonfires. No bonfire run

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:05 pm

I think one reason I'm not too excited about it yet is that there have been many disappointing leads and things like that which turned out to be nothing. I just don't want to get all excited again only to find out it really isn't all that significant.

EDIT: But I still want to know what people think about killing Rhea in each playthrough now.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Darkson wrote:
    Your "social life is rather low tech"? What is that supposed to mean? You use a pc and internet and you are very very active in a forum, you have a tv and a ps3 or xbox and you play an rpg with an online aspect. But you don't have a phone. Or any cam in your house. Is that what you're trying to imply? Understand, please understand, that this is VERY hard for me to believe.

And you try to tell me, that a completely new, never before seen message showing up, a message that (if it really exists) is put there by the developers for a reason, but no one else ever had on their screen, is irrelevant and not worth getting excited about for that exact same reason: because no one else ever had it on their screen??? The fact that makes it so exciting is at the same time the fact that makes it not woth getting excited about? I don't get it Rynn, that argument is just literally twisted.

THAT IS what gets everyone hyped - NO ONE ELSE HAS EVER SEEN IT BEFORE. And it the reason why every other person in this thread looking to find out new stuff would have freaked out in front of their tv and had taken a pic. But NO, YOU JUST DON'T BOTHER AT ALL AND JUST MOVE ON TO A NG?!?!?!

I don’t get it Rynn I really don’t.

Sorry but your actions are in no way comprehensible to me.

I've now come to the point where I will only believe it if I get to see proper pics. Until then, my only option is to judge it by what you typed (obviously), I'm sorry.
    I have a laptop, one of those wireless internet wifi chips, and an X-box I often plug right into the comp with an adapter to play. I don't have a phone, or for a majority of the year, a TV, or, because that TV does not have a digital card, I'd more call the TV a game monitor. I don't own a phone. I'm very low tech... is it at all possible for you to imagine the lack of other technology largely impacts the amount of time I spend playing this game?

Secondly, I am positive all my messages so far have indicated I do think the unstable bonfire is a big thing; it is the pendant I am making no waves about. I have listed some possible suggestions for what that message might mean, but I have also indicated I'd like to know what is going on with that, have given some suggestions on what might have happened, and have otherwise not asked any questions about it.

EDIT: Adding a note based on the new messages since I tried to post this: I kill everyone except Lautrec and Solaire right when I meet them... I need Solaire for Smough and Ornstein.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:10 pm

I def thought about killing Rhea off early. I let her live because I believed that her path is what explains the opposite. Knowing Alpha to understand omega. Or better: knowing light to understand dark.
    Understanding is different than playing it right though. I'm considering killing her an the firekeeper before Lautrec does.
    I'm really thinking maybe lautec is te killer or working incahoots with Petrus.

My idea that the pendant means basically "remember the time the first born son tried extinguishing the fires? Ya. Good times". Then lautec is trying for extinguish and Rhea to kindle, it would reason that he is the killer.
    Either side may want to hold the pendant as a reminder, but the side of kindle would want to keep its meaning hidden from the non-lord Gwyn believiers. Makes sense to me. Speculation only, of course.

Thanks for letting us know about those murders Rynn, may or may not become significant.

Last edited by fireLESS on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:10 pm

fireLESS wrote:Mudo,

Do you have any firekeeper souls?
    I take it you let Lautrec live? (Def check for the "again" statement in NG+)
    Boss souls?
    Covenants?
    NPC kills other than keepers?

Just want to get an idea of the differences on the off chance something does go down.

I have all fire keeper souls except the ash maidens so I let lautrec live. Think I should kill him before gwyn? I have all boss souls on me except Priscilla, should I kill her too? The npcs I killed were eingyi, patches and ingward. And I didn't join a covenant. big grin

Should I change anything before going?
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:11 pm

MudoRH wrote:

Boss souls?
    Covenants?

Just want to get an idea of the differences on the off chance something does go down.

I have all fire keeper souls except the ash maidens so I let lautrec live. Think I should kill him before gwyn? I have all boss souls on me except Priscilla, should I kill her too? The npcs I killed were eingyi, patches and ingward. And I didn't join a covenant. big grin

KILL RHEA. :evil:
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Jorund wrote:I think one reason I'm not too excited about it yet is that there have been many disappointing leads and things like that which turned out to be nothing. I just don't want to get all excited again only to find out it really isn't all that significant.

EDIT: But I still want to know what people think about killing Rhea in each playthrough now.

Well it's just that this thread is all about assuming things, try to find connections, in order to discover new things. And I guess I already pointed out that this "unstable bonfire" thing is indeed something we never heard of before. Not to mention that all the adventurers here are focusing on the bonfires. Again, WHY? FINALLY something completely new shows up, but Rynn is just SEEMED to be like "meh".

Well, now she says otherwise.

I chose to believe you now Rynn. Because I want to. And also because I believe that you wouldn't troll us. I'm sorry if I came off as too... emotional.

Alright gotta deal with it finally I guess.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:18 pm

I like it where your at. Considering that I did kill Lautrec and Priscilla, we can compare results. Rynn reported letting Lautrec live also so maybe that's the key.
    Anybody else have anything to say regarding this? Suggestions?

Last edited by fireLESS on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Jorund wrote:
    MudoRH wrote:

Boss souls?
    Covenants?

KILL RHEA. :evil:

Alright, I'm on it! sad
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Darkson wrote:
    Jorund wrote:I think one reason I'm not too excited about it yet is that there have been many disappointing leads and things like that which turned out to be nothing. I just don't want to get all excited again only to find out it really isn't all that significant.

Well it's just that this thread is all about assuming things, try to find connections, in order to discover new things. And I guess I already pointed out that this "unstable bonfire" thing is indeed something we never heard of before. Not to mention that all the adventurers here are focusing on the bonfires. Again, WHY? FINALLY something completely new shows up, but Rynn is just SEEMED to be like "meh".

Well, now she says otherwise.

I chose to believe you now Rynn. Because I want to. And also because I believe that you wouldn't troll us. I'm sorry if I came off as too... emotional.

Alright gotta deal with it finally I guess.
    I understand, and it was about time for someone to call me a liar really, considering how little in the way of concrete proof I've brought.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:22 pm

I know this has been asked before so sorry for repeating, but what exactly are the rules of these no bonnie runs? Just don't use ANY fire that's not a firekeeper fire?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:22 pm

Rynn wrote:I understand, and it was about time for someone to call me a liar really, considering how little in the way of concrete proof I've brought.

Have you revisited your "unstable" bonfire since the event in question?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Jorund wrote:I know this has been asked before so sorry for repeating, but what exactly are the rules of these no bonnie runs? Just don't use ANY fire that's not a firekeeper fire?

You're supposed to turn off those FK fires too. I.e., let Lautrec off Anastacia, kill the DM Knightess, kill the Fair Lady.

Problem is the Ash Lake one that belongs to the dragon covenant. The Stone Dragon is unkillable.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:26 pm

I was intending on visiting it again once the same conditions were set up; all NPC's except lautrec dead, all bosses except the 4 kings and Lord of Cinders slain, and all bonfires snuffed.

At that point I intend on checking it again
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Rhea is dead, Petrus is chilling. Something weirs, he went back to asking me if I've changed my mind about learning miracles. I know this is more attributed to the unstable nature if the WoW events silly.

Alright, seems like all is in place for ng+. I'll start it soon I'm still trying to come up with a good altered beast build.

Off topic: Anyone have a good dragonbone fist build and does anyone know how I can farm a good amount of dragon scales. I'd rather not pvp for them considering all the dragon head glitchers. I think the blue drakes drop them...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:35 pm

MudoRH wrote:I think the blue drakes drop them...

Sure do. In the VoD.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Anybody have any kind of ideas what a good build would be to tackle no bonnies?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:44 pm

I ran and grabbed sealer set then suicide to darkroot from valley of the drakes for eastern armor chest, killed undead merchant for uchigatana and went with spider shield. Worked wonders for me! big grin All stats were for weapons then endurance and hp.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Jorund wrote:Anybody have any kind of ideas what a good build would be to tackle no bonnies?

Don't worry about a ramp in difficulty. Worry about ROUTES. First circle through and open the shortcuts. I will say that the Pharis bow has been nice, for me. I simply think its about your own game style. Do a build that you are good at.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:49 pm

The only covenant-required shortcut is for the Lost Izalith one right?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Dragon Bone Fist Build

I find rapiers make great weapons for this, due to the lack of bonfires.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Rynn wrote:Dragon Bone Fist Build

I find rapiers make great weapons for this, due to the lack of bonfires.

Much appreciated, Rynn! big grin
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Jorund wrote:The only covenant-required shortcut is for the Lost Izalith one right?

Yeah, it sucks though cause I found myself using my humanity to heal and used flasks for bosses. It wasn't a viable route for me to use my humanity on the shortcut so I just offed chaos firekeeper early. :/
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cynic Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Your "social life is rather low tech"? What is that supposed to mean? You use a pc and internet and you are very very active in a forum, you have a tv and a ps3 or xbox and you play an rpg with an online aspect. But you don't have a phone. Or any cam in your house. Is that what you're trying to imply? Understand, please understand, that this is VERY hard for me to believe.

And you try to tell me, that a completely new, never before seen message showing up, a message that (if it really exists) is put there by the developers for a reason, but no one else ever had on their screen, is irrelevant and not worth getting excited about for that exact same reason: because no one else ever had it on their screen??? The fact that makes it so exciting is at the same time the fact that makes it not woth getting excited about? I don't get it Rynn, that argument is just literally twisted.

THAT IS what gets everyone hyped - NO ONE ELSE HAS EVER SEEN IT BEFORE. And it the reason why every other person in this thread looking to find out new stuff would have freaked out in front of their tv and had taken a pic. But NO, YOU JUST DON'T BOTHER AT ALL AND JUST MOVE ON TO A NG?!?!?!

I don’t get it Rynn I really don’t.

Sorry but your actions are in no way comprehensible to me.

I've now come to the point where I will only believe it if I get to see proper pics. Until then, my only option is to judge it by what you typed (obviously), I'm sorry.

I know what Rynn means. I've never had an actual camera before and I was stuck with a cam-less cell for months. It's not that uncommon. Plus, Rynn is a brony so I'm inclined to believe her. /) Brohoof (\
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:08 pm

I know I must annoy you all quite a bit now. But just one last post about it.

I'm sorry Rynn. Guess I was just too ignorant.

I believe you. Most of all I believe you because because I realized, after all you are Rynn. :roll: Why should Rynn troll us? And I believe that it can be that someone does not have a phone or anything else to record it with, and I believe it can be that someone i does not get that over-emotional over some things like I do (well done Darkson). I see it was very ignorant just to get mad because someone does not "function" exactly like me.

Ok, end of cheesy excuse.

Go on people, I expect you to find out some more things soon. Deep in my heart I want to believe there will be a special grand prize tongue or something for the one who finds "it" out. Whatever "it" is actually. No seriously, I will keep track of this thread, it's all very exciting. Even if it's just a game. Doesn't matter.

I'd really want to contribute something. Wish I had my own proper pc alread so I could record with my HD PVR while I do a no bonnie run. Don't wanna start unless I'm able to record.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:56 pm