Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
WyrmHero
DamageCK
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RANT
Rynn
djgq42
10 posters

is GC the new WOG? crutch spells and weapons

djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

is GC the new WOG? crutch spells and weapons Empty is GC the new WOG? crutch spells and weapons

Post by djgq42 Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:54 pm

let me start by clarifying my perspective. i do not believe in labeling items or skills as "OP". in fact i think it is fun to adapt and create new strategies for dealing with various powerful weapons and spells. at one time it was WOG, until we learned how to deal with it. now i am seeing every other ppl using Great Combustion as the new crutch spell. just wanted to know if anyone noticed the same change in trends. are there any crutch weapons or spells that you purposely avoid using?

Last edited by djgq42 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

is GC the new WOG? crutch spells and weapons Empty Re: is GC the new WOG? crutch spells and weapons

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm

I begin every fight with Flash Sweat if I have a pyromancy glove, because of how often I see Great Combustion.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

is GC the new WOG? crutch spells and weapons Empty Re: is GC the new WOG? crutch spells and weapons

Post by RANT Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:11 pm

everyone's been using GC since the game came out, specially pre patch since pyro was so powerful.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Fun Fact!
    Pyromancy used to have 270 attunement, but the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring didn't work with it.

It now has 230 attunement, but BDCR works on it.

230*1.2= 274.
    Pyromancy didn't change at all. In fact, it's stronger.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:16 pm

lol i didnt use any kind of magic before the patch so i didnt know that, put the crown of dusk in there and one chaos fireball can take about 80% of your vit.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:17 pm

GC doesn't bother me too much. If I see someone does it I try to keep the fight at range, I use its lackluster range to my advantage.

That said, there are some people who are very good with the pyros and in those cases, it can be harder to escape. But, in general, pyros haven't given me too many problems.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:GC doesn't bother me too much. If I see someone does it I try to keep the fight at range, I use its lackluster range to my advantage.

That said, there are some people who are very good with the pyros and in those cases, it can be harder to escape. But, in general, pyros haven't given me too many problems.

pyro can kick anyone's *** in tight areas like the burg and i dont know about you guys but damn GC gets me A LOT because of lag, pisses me off so much sometimes.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah, in cases where the lag is really kicking in then all bets are off.

A Cestus can be deadly in those all-too-common instances.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:24 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:GC doesn't bother me too much. If I see someone does it I try to keep the fight at range, I use its lackluster range to my advantage.

it is like anything else in dks, you just need to learn to combat it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:30 pm

The best way to combat pyromancy is with Flash Sweat.
    Most people just let you cast it, because it looks like PW, and most duelists consider PW an offer to kill yourself.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Pyro alone is about as common as ever from what I can tell. However, there's been a spike in the number of maxed pyro builds with Dusk Crown/BDCR. In that case, if they feel like GC spamming it's going to get rough without a BK shield. I make it a point to dodge twice when avoiding GC because a lot of times it'll connect anyway if you just dodge the one time.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:33 pm

It's a good idea, Rynn. But how many people actually bother attuning Flash Sweat?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:42 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:It's a good idea, Rynn. But how many people actually bother attuning Flash Sweat?
    A retardedly small number. A 80% nullification of fire damage is worth 1 attunement slot people.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:45 pm

youre right rynn, i never bothered with flash sweat except for getting the chaos ember, im gonna start using it on my warrior build since he only has one att slot and its PW or GC.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:52 pm

It's the GMB of the pyros. I want a crystal barrier or something for mages that could nullify lightning damage. Not fair.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:56 pm

WyrmHero wrote:It's the GMB of the pyros. I want a crystal barrier or something for mages that could nullify lightning damage. Not fair.

you can alwasy wear the rings that boosts your elemental defence.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:57 pm

RantFromRant wrote:youre right rynn, i never bothered with flash sweat except for getting the chaos ember, im gonna start using it on my warrior build since he only has one att slot and its PW or GC.
    I like to imagine the face on the Pyro-spammers when I just walk through the Great Combustion taking 125 damage and hit them with my dagger.
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Oh today i got killed by an Chaos fireball, oh my god the lave is so strong! It is clearly OP!
    Crystal Soul Spear can nearly instant kill me, its so noobish and OP!

Hell this is the community? Enjoys one of the hardest Games in the last 5 years, and crying about EVERYTHING!?
    Learn to avoid that ****! If you can´t use flash sweat, GMB, Black Knight Shield?! Or jump backwards...

Only one thing in this game is hardcore unbalanced, and this is the dark wood grain ring!
    TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:23 pm

I use GC quite a lot normally towards the end of fights rarely at the beginning. I think it is a fair tactic. Worse for me is Stun locking weapons because they almost aways kills me outright.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Fotitudo wrote:Oh today i got killed by an Chaos fireball, oh my god the lave is so strong! It is clearly OP!

Hell this is the community? Enjoys one of the hardest Games in the last 5 years, and crying about EVERYTHING!?
    Learn to avoid that ****! If you can´t use flash sweat, GMB, Black Knight Shield?! Or jump backwards...

Only one thing in this game is hardcore unbalanced, and this is the dark wood grain ring!
    The Dark Wood Grain Ring has a negligible effect on PvP endgame.

Also this thread was discussing what tactics are "trending" amoung the player base. I get annoyed at complaining to, and you complaining about complaining is especially annoying with the way you did it.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:35 pm

its why i always equip black knight shield and usually a spear, pure pyros gets so pissed when you totally wreck their s**T
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:39 pm

Fotitudo wrote:Oh today i got killed by an Chaos fireball, oh my god the lave is so strong! It is clearly OP!

maybe you should actually READ what the posts are saying before going off on a self righteous tangent. no one said anything about op, just how to combat the latest trends.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Nobody's really angry about GC (expect Rant, but he's really just upset with how laggy PvP is silly), I think the OP was just saying that he's been seeing it around a lot these days. Less of a complaint, and more of an observation, I think.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:43 pm

TangerineDream wrote:I use GC quite a lot normally towards the end of fights rarely at the beginning. I think it is a fair tactic. Worse for me is Stun locking weapons because they almost aways kills me outright.

i agree that it is fair. we are just discussing how to adjust to the tactic. happy
    Owl
    Owl
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Owl Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:15 pm

WyrmHero wrote:It's the GMB of the pyros. I want a crystal barrier or something for mages that could nullify lightning damage. Not fair.

This.

A mage's gear (Crown of Dusk, MLGS/Catalyst) is a dead giveaway for you to cast GMB while your opponent is still a ways off. Projectile magic is too easy to dodge to not have some kind of cast-able protection (and stoneflesh ain't it).

In terms of having to adjust to a tactic that suddenly blows up to the point of abuse, I've seen many more TWoP/WoG spammers as of late. I know that neither one of them are particularly new in terms of abuse but TWoP has absolutely shot through the roof from what I've seen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:50 pm