Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Carphil
Phoenix Rising
Motopsycho
RagingDragon_69
cloudyeki
Buggy Virus
Federally
FruitPunchNinja
RANT
Wisp
Ghadis_God
Bioraptor
DamageCK
martyrsbrigade99
18 posters

BKGA PvP without fishing/hornet ring is possible.

martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

BKGA PvP without fishing/hornet ring is possible. Empty BKGA PvP without fishing/hornet ring is possible.

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:29 am

I've noticed a lot of BKGA PvP with hornet ring fishers. Here's a little proof to demonstrate that the BKGA can be a threat without fishing with the hornet ring, enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2y8h589rTs
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

BKGA PvP without fishing/hornet ring is possible. Empty Re: BKGA PvP without fishing/hornet ring is possible.

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:30 am

If good players didn't mind the "scrub gear" stigma attached to it, they'd probably dominate with the BKGaxe. I don't mind it, but I also don't like being limited to 1h and 2h R1's since the R2's and the dash attack suck out loud. Good vid, btw. Watched it last night before bed. I figured a lot of people would try to parry it, but I'll be damned if that weapon doesn't make people spam L2. Haha. You could probably develop an entire strategy based solely around kick and circle strafe punishing people trying to parry.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

BKGA PvP without fishing/hornet ring is possible. Empty Re: BKGA PvP without fishing/hornet ring is possible.

Post by Bioraptor Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:06 am

Nice vid.
    I may go make a strength build and give that axe a swing.
    I usually get stuck in building a Dex/faith build or Int build.

Last edited by Bioraptor on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:27 pm

I don't even need to watch the video, most people on this forum consider the bkga OP even without fishing so of course it can be used well by a good player.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:56 pm

I've seen a massive increase in BKGA in the burg since your video
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Bkga has always been good without fishing. That thing is is so good while unlocked.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:27 pm

i just saw the vid and you were still fishing and poisetabbing, dont carea bout that cause thats what people do in the burg but maybe you should change the title.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm

I just watched it and he mainly just punished parry attempts, which is a pretty viable tactic like damageCK said. I fought that mage a few times too, god was he annoying. Everytime he would just try to lure me into one of the narrow pathways and spam CSS.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:03 pm

DamageCK wrote:If good players didn't mind the "scrub gear" stigma attached to it, they'd probably dominate with the BKGaxe. I don't mind it, but I also don't like being limited to 1h and 2h R1's since the R2's and the dash attack suck out loud. Good vid, btw. Watched it last night before bed. I figured a lot of people would try to parry it, but I'll be damned if that weapon doesn't make people spam L2. Haha. You could probably develop an entire strategy based solely around kick and circle strafe punishing people trying to parry.

Damage the 1H R2 is the second coolest move in the game, and I hate you for not agreeing with me silly
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Although the 1h r2 is extremely cool looking, i agree it sucks. With all the BK weapons pretty much all you have to work with are 1h&2h r1 and rolling r1. I did the running r1 instead of the rolling r1 a few times with the BKGA by accident, it begs to be backstabed.

Still the thing that makes the BKGA clearly op is the fact its a Gaxe and yet it acts more like a Greatsword. It still does dmg like a Gaxe, but when you miss it doesnt make you stagger like other Gaxes and even the smaller hammers ext.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:42 pm

It has always been possible. It was a favorite weapon of most people even before backstabs were fully understood.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:44 pm

I don't understand why we needed a video telling us a weapon considered OP by many is good Shrug
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:14 pm

Federally wrote:I don't understand why we needed a video telling us a weapon considered OP by many is good Shrug

Hahahah. Solid point, my man.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:25 pm

I wanna see more players using the BKGA like that! Because then I'd have alot more fun in the forest.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Actually I have a build that uses the BKGA just like this. And the 1H R2 is amazing I have gotten about 20 kills with it. Just use it in a narrow area to prevent a backstab, most of the kills were on the bridge in the forest. I would run to the bridge pivot and R2 and you could see the terror on the hosts face, as I crushed him. I have also used the 2H R2 to knock people over the side of the bridge. While I would agree that the use for those moves are very limited they are far from unuseable to someone who acually takes the time to try it out. Plus they are fn cool.

Remember this is a game and should be fun. Try everything and find something you like. And use it regardless of other peoples opinions.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:11 pm

My point is I don't like it. I get your point though.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Fair enough. Just saying don't knock it till you try it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. happy
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Look Skyward
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Motopsycho Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:30 pm

When you speak the letter 'S' it whistles a lot, and loud haha. hurts my ears =(

Anyways, this is a fun fun fun weapon, but makes pvp too easy imo.

Last edited by Motopsycho on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Motopsycho wrote:You speak the letter 'S' it whistles a lot, and loud haha. hurts my ears =(

Anyways, this is a fun fun fun weapon, but makes pvp too easy imo.
    challenge accepted! BKGA PvP without fishing/hornet ring is possible. 3149687655
    lol!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:46 am

500 per hit, fast speed, huge range, put lag in a fight and you're invicible

I never liked fighting it, but I just don't give up or start complaining about it. I'll fight it even with poor chance
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:18 am

Yeah, the only thing I won't fight is a G.Club + DMB+3 and he/she is only using the roll attack. THAT, is OP
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:23 am

Oh, I'll fight it all day, I just don't want to use it.

And you're on to something with the buffed clubs. It's not OP, but buffing a club to spam ground pounds is super annoying if they're smart enough to do it locked off.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:31 am

martyrs... since you seem to be good at this, would you make a vid about the regular great axe that doesn't involve fishing? its one of the few weapons i haven't used much and i need pointers, plus its rare in pvp nowadays so...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 am

Against fishers it is really annoying, or against a roll and poker.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 3:36 am