Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Eolan
Wade_Wilson
ublug
skarekrow13
Scirvir
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
About8547Souls
User
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
Ahhotep1
15 posters

Pinwheels room: Najas and Spiral

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Pinwheels room: Najas and Spiral Empty Pinwheels room: Najas and Spiral

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Few days back Dough, Tolvo and myself (possibly couple others) were in the Catacombs attempting to read the writing on the doors we open using the levers. That mission is still incomplete. However, since I was there I thought I might as well do Pinwheel. I have done Pinwheel countless times but it wasn't until this last time that I realized that the two symbols on Pinwheels floor are Najas! It was than that Tolvo brought my attention to the stone cut relief on the wall above the large pile of books.
    I don't have a picture of a naja to upload. Anyway...the stone relief on the wall is not a circle with a human in the middle (trying to break out?). It is a spiral! With the inner end wrapped around the middle section of a human form.
    As for Naja symbology: (Hindu) "The Cobra, is a symbol of Kundalini power, cosmic energy coiled and slumbering within man. It inspires seekers to overcome misdeeds and suffering by lifting the serpent up the spine into God-Realization."
    Naja was/is used by other cultures as a good luck charm to ward off the "Evil Eye".
    The possible Naja symbols in Pinwheels room taken alone are interesting but when tied in with the stone relief spiral on the wall it becomes fascinating!
    Thought I'd throw this out to the community for possible speculation!!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Pinwheels room: Najas and Spiral Empty Re: Pinwheels room: Najas and Spiral

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Spiral staircase + transformed maidens in the Archives = cerebral explosion.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Well Seath has a lot of books, pinwheel has a lot of books, and nowhere in the world are there other book for pinwheel to get.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:45 pm

You should give Pinwheel some books as well form the Archives. Seath's won't miss any, I think.
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:13 pm

I've always wondered how Seath fits in there anyway. There aren't any entrances that are large enough for him to fit through. Aside from that, I think I'll spend some time reading a few of the things I've seen around Lordran. There are some interesting things.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:You should give Pinwheel some books as well form the Archives. Seath's won't miss any, I think.

Hey, books in braille are expensive!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:18 pm

He's got crystals; His mind will be too astray to even care.
    Scirvir

Post by Scirvir Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Now mix that all together with the caduceus.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Yes.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Hummm..interesting responses lol
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Who were the Caduceus anyway?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:13 pm

What, is a better term.

Dual Serpents, a Symbol found on two shields: A Green Wooden Shield in the Graveyard, and the Blue Kite Shields. The Blue Kite Shields are very popular in The Archives, used by Hollow Crystallized Warriors.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:19 pm

That, ^ the serpents wind up a staff and it is currently a symbol for medicine/healing in the USA. Originally it was a symbol of Hermes/Mercury and things related to him
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:22 pm

It is also notable that such shields are sold by Andre as well, if you have not heard.

This shield is an exact duplicate of the Tower Kite Shield, with that Kite Shield having the Symbol of Tower, which is mostly known as protection.

The Two Wooden Shields that also share the same stats as the Green Shield are the Red and White Shields as well as the Grey Shields with the two Axe Heads for symbols. The Grey Shields are wielded by skeletons with Scimitars and Sold by the Undead Merchant; The Red and White Shields are looted off of skeletons... which is off, as the shields with two axes are wielded by skeletons, and not the red and white shields.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:04 am

There's also all the weapons scattered about pinwheel's tomb. They don't look like ordinary weapons dropped by invaders, but rather ritual swords; meat cleavers and bone saws. Maybe he's also searching for the Server, the sword used in an ancient rite?
    And about the 'Evil Eye', do anybody know if you get health back from killing his copies if you wear the ring of the evil eye?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:48 pm

I'll test that out soon, but my Server character with evil eye and silver serpent ring may not have tried to kill the illusions. I'll recheck that and see.

I find it funny that Curved Greatswords are majorly found in Nito's domain of skeletons and Necromancers.

I might remind you that pinwheelhas three faces at the center of six stretched out 'arms' with lanterns on each end. The fire used is not the same as Pyromancy, rather is similar to the breath of a dragon. It also ties to the relationship of the three people in which each mask represents in general.

Funny, how in many cases the FROM developers have made trailers of a Pyromancer with a skull lantern... And how the pinwheel's clothing and the Pyromancer's are not at all different. Funny how the male is a yellowish colour, while the female is grey.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:19 pm

I have been playing with pinwheel for the last hour, still haven't killed him. Tried the fire server and evil eye ring but it looks like neither will replenish hp when used on his copies.

I have usually just rushed him down, so it was kind of fun to make the fight last longer. From what I can tell he is able to make up to 8 copies throughout the fight, but the rate at which he makes them changes with his remaining HP. A copy can also be taken out by a single punch from a fist (2 HP). Once he gets down to about 20% HP he will make 8 copies at once, and they will more or less shoot fireballs at the same time when they spawn. But after he makes the final 8 copies, and you remove them, he will fight alone for the rest of the match. It looks like both his fireball attacks are the same attack, but he is able to charge up their power to different levels before releasing them. The longer he charges them, the more powerful they are, and the slower they travel. They also have a slight homing ability, but this is mostly noticeable with the slowest fireballs.
    This got a bit off topic, but it was at least related to pinwheel :pirat:
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:34 pm

ublug wrote:I have been playing with pinwheel for the last hour, still haven't killed him. Tried the fire server and evil eye ring but it looks like neither will replenish hp when used on his copies.

I have usually just rushed him down, so it was kind of fun to make the fight last longer. From what I can tell he is able to make up to 8 copies throughout the fight, but the rate at which he makes them changes with his remaining HP. A copy can also be taken out by a single punch from a fist (2 HP). Once he gets down to about 20% HP he will make 8 copies at once, and they will more or less shoot fireballs at the same time when they spawn. But after he makes the final 8 copies, and you remove them, he will fight alone for the rest of the match. It looks like both his fireball attacks are the same attack, but he is able to charge up their power to different levels before releasing them. The longer he charges them, the more powerful they are, and the slower they travel. They also have a slight homing ability, but this is mostly noticeable with the slowest fireballs.
    This got a bit off topic, but it was at least related to pinwheel :pirat:

God damn, they made the pinwheel fight so cool and so easy at the same time!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Pinwheel also bleeds, despite having three heads and 6 sticks for arms. That is interesting to itself.

Rite of Kindling is attached to bonfires, and used for an ancient rite... Same as server. The bonfire is known to resurrect undead like Necromancers, except they are more... Fleshy.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 am

Hmmm interesting. Maybe researching necromancy for the Gods as a way to maintain power during the upcoming age of dark.... Maybe reah was stopping them...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:51 am

Unlikely; She passes Pinwheel when she goes down (if you don't kill him... them before). She went down to the Tomb of Giants for other means, probably for what the Tomb of Giants holds.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Hmm the rite of kindling, which might also have similarities to necromancy..?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:37 pm

The First Flame is its own Necromancer; The Undead Hollows are just as Undead as a Skeleton Undead, although different. Same as how ghosts are undead as well.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Probably related to pinwheels copies, and the power of the gravelord: I was just down in nito's lair and noticed that there's also a total of 8 baby skeletons that spawns at a time when you go into the mud.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Tolvo pointed out that every tomb has a pool area for water in it, yet Pinwheel's is the only on that actually has water in it. Could he be trying to make his own baby skeletons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:53 pm