Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Raem
JohnnyHarpoon
Gyonimizotetsu
SecYess
ChizFreak
AzureCrow
Nybbles
Rarayn
sinspaw
callipygias
Back Lot Basher
PlasticandRage
Knight Alundil
dalsio
18 posters

Seath's Secret Room

dalsio
    dalsio
    Regular
    Regular

Seath's Secret Room Empty Seath's Secret Room

Post by dalsio Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm gonna pop in here a question from the wiki's discussion forum, so everyone can see it.

TheSilverBlade14 wrote:I've heard of a rumor about a breakable wall behind the dragon artifact
    in Seath's room. I am posting this hoping that somebody knows for sure
    if it exists, and if it does, how to get past. The website I saw this
    rumor on says that it might be a fully upgraded weapon. My guess is a
    heavy dragon weapon +5, but I may be wrong. Help me please?
    Dalsio wrote:Interesting rumor. I haven't tried myself, but I have a dragon
    greatsword and 10 scales I'm not using, as well as a normal +15 weapon,
    so I can try it if no one else has already.
    TheSilverBlade14 wrote:I've been looking at an incredibly long forum and it said that maybe a
    Crystal Ultra Greatsword +5 might work, or a Crystal Greataxe +5. And
    I've also heard that that weird door in the Centipede Demon boss room
    may be broken down with a Chaos Weapon + 5, but I don't think so. I'll
    test these when I get the chance
    Dalsio wrote:If you test the crystal weapons, I'll test the dragon weapons. That is, if no one from the forums has these on hand.
    Any thoughts?
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Seath's Secret Room Empty Re: Seath's Secret Room

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:27 pm

I've tried the centipede demon door with a +5 chaos server and I can confirm it didn't open.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:32 pm

I've personally seen a few OSS messages down behind where Seath's invincibility crystal sits during the fight that say "Illusory Wall" with several recommendations. Upwards of 20 or 30. I tried to hit the walls in the area to no avail and just assumed somebody was trolling and the points I saw on the message were negative recommendations. Who knows though? However, in my experience of reading rumors like this, ie stuff that's breakable with only the Pickaxe, they seem to never be confirmed, or really confirmable.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Try using the pendant to open it happy
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Knock first.
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 pm

I had never heard about this before.

I just had a thought when I was reading this. You can't teleport to Seath's room for some reason. You can port to the abyss, you can port to Nito's bonfire (which I never understood why), and it wouldn't make sense to port to Bed of Chaos. But porting to Seath's would make sense, to farm blue titanites, purging stones and twinkling titanites. Now, it's a wild guess, but maybe you can't port there so it makes it way less common for people to play around in that room? Most people kill seath and just get on with it. I would say, test weapons on the hole at sen's fortress, you know the one that once broken you free Logan, and the weapons that work there take it to seath's and good luck.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:02 pm

You need to play Priscilla's Lullaby on your Moonlight Harp to open it.

Seriously though, hasn't it already been established that with the tools and resources available to PC players/modders, it's already been made clear that there are no more real secret areas in the game?
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I've personally seen a few OSS messages down behind where Seath's invincibility crystal sits during the fight that say "Illusory Wall" with several recommendations. Upwards of 20 or 30. I tried to hit the walls in the area to no avail and just assumed somebody was trolling and the points I saw on the message were negative recommendations. Who knows though? However, in my experience of reading rumors like this, ie stuff that's breakable with only the Pickaxe, they seem to never be confirmed, or really confirmable.

I think those messages are just there to coax people into swinging there weps there and hitting the primordial crystal. Alot of people (Yes, me) didn't even notice that crystal sad
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 pm

sinspaw wrote:You can't teleport to Seath's room for some reason. You can port to the abyss, you can port to Nito's bonfire (which I never understood why),
    Nito's and Kaathe's bonfires have covenants attached to them. That's probably why.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm pretty sure I teleported into Seath's boss area. I remember this because I wanted to help with coop, but had to fight all the clams after I stepped out, and got frustrated when they mobbed me.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Yeh you can teleport to seaths boss area. Can't remember if thats pre or post patch 1.06 though
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I've personally seen a few OSS messages down behind where Seath's invincibility crystal sits during the fight that say "Illusory Wall" with several recommendations. Upwards of 20 or 30. I tried to hit the walls in the area to no avail and just assumed somebody was trolling and the points I saw on the message were negative recommendations. Who knows though? However, in my experience of reading rumors like this, ie stuff that's breakable with only the Pickaxe, they seem to never be confirmed, or really confirmable.

I think those messages are just there to coax people into swinging there weps there and hitting the primordial crystal. Alot of people (Yes, me) didn't even notice that crystal sad

If that were the case why would they say "Illusory Wall" and not something like "Try Swinging?" Or something to that affect? There are a number of other options for an OSS message hinting to break the crystal that would make more sense. I think somebodies just trolling.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:37 pm

messages that make sense? that will never happen in Dark Souls.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Nybbles wrote:messages that make sense? that will never happen in Dark Souls.

I've read plenty of OSS messages that've helped me exponentially. For example without OSS messages I probably never would have found the reentry into the Asylum or the Great Hollow. At least not until my second playthrough when I started using the internet as a reference.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Seath's room was one of the warp-able bonfires added in 1.06. Also I don't believe the prison wall in sen's can be broken by the player only by the giant boulders and the snake man, so try luring a man eater shell into attacking it a few times with its heavy attacks.

However I strongly doubt there are any unknown walls left, you can find illusionary wall signs littered across the map by players who think there is one without prof or are just straight up trolling, it's akin to the "try jumping" in practice.

It's very unlikely that there is even a single wall breakable by a maxed out weapon, firstly because the walls are either breakable by any player attack or breakable by the environment/mobs. Second the concept of there being a wall breakable by a +15/maxed etc was translated out of a rumor on a Japanese cite near the release of dark souls so it is nearly impossible for there to have never been a single player to accomplish it and try posting it on youtube or something else.

Just like the pendant before it our dreams are fruitless, will I still hit every strange new wall with every weapon I have every single NG? Yes, yes I will. Prostration
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Seath's room was added? I thought only the final bonfire in Duke's was added; the one before you face him. Never used either, so I could be wrong.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:41 pm

AzureCrow wrote:Seath's room was one of the warp-able bonfires added in 1.06. Also I don't believe the prison wall in sen's can be broken by the player only by the giant boulders and the snake man, so try luring a man eater shell into attacking it a few times with its heavy attacks.

However I strongly doubt there are any unknown walls left, you can find illusionary wall signs littered across the map by players who think there is one without prof or are just straight up trolling, it's akin to the "try jumping" in practice.

It's very unlikely that there is even a single wall breakable by a maxed out weapon, firstly because the walls are either breakable by any player attack or breakable by the environment/mobs. Second the concept of there being a wall breakable by a +15/maxed etc was translated out of a rumor on a Japanese cite near the release of dark souls so it is nearly impossible for there to have never been a single player to accomplish it and try posting it on youtube or something else.

Just like the pendant before it our dreams are fruitless, will I still hit every strange new wall with every weapon I have every single NG? Yes, yes I will. Seath's Secret Room 1330857165

I'm pretty sure it was not added, but I'm not 100% sure, I think it was in 1.05 too.

On topic: All lies, sorry, but that's the truth. Those are just wild guesses, and crazy theories made up a long time ago. Those theories you say, are all extremely old going to back to the launch of the game, and they have all been tested. One of the few examples of the legendary researchers of this kind of secrets is Gylphblade, he discovered lots of things. And he tested these for a long time, no new secret area sorry.

Finally, as the other guy said, the game is on PC, if there was some kind of crazy secret area we would already know by now. Just think about it, no clip and done, but no one has heard about it.

Only new thing about the DLC/PtDE is the new armor scrapped armors and weapons. They were not included in the game but a guy collected them all and take screenshots of them, obviously he obtained them via hacking because as I said they are not included completely in the game.
    SecYess
    SecYess

Post by SecYess Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:10 pm

If it ain't in here or on the tube, it ain't exist.
    dalsio
    dalsio
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dalsio Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 am

Well, I still have faith that secrets exist. Maybe this one is fake, but I have faith.

As for the PC release and it's effect on secrets, modding has not gotten to the point where we can see the game's code. Even getting and overriding textures is limited to a dll wrapper (which just interrupts the game's communication with the PC to read or inject data), let alone anything as complicated as secret areas. Only if we get a modding toolkit, either from the developers or from the community, can we hope to even begin to root out all the secrets, and even then it would require a relatively complex toolkit, like Skyrim's Creation Kit and even then it would take some time.

Trust me, as far as the PC version and modding is concerned, the community is far from exploring everything there is in the game.

Oh, and I found that at least with my weapon, the wall in sens fortress could be opened with a few good whacks. In fact, I was pretty desperate to, since I had killed the guy rolling boulders down and didn't know that he respawns. I was using a man-serpent greatsword+10 though, so I don't know if it was the upgrade rank, the fact that it was a greatsword, or the sword itself.
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 am

Hmm. I kinda just wished I was right. No more secrets then. And I had originally been tricked by a message on Dark Souls, while I was fighting Seath too, that said Illusory Wall, so we all got tricked by those false messagers... Well, me at least.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 am

dalsio wrote:Oh, and I found that at least with my weapon, the wall in sens fortress could be opened with a few good whacks. In fact, I was pretty desperate to, since I had killed the guy rolling boulders down and didn't know that he respawns. I was using a man-serpent greatsword+10 though, so I don't know if it was the upgrade rank, the fact that it was a greatsword, or the sword itself.

really? cause i did the exact same thing just last night, i forgot to free Big Hat and i had already killed the boulder chucking giant, i didn't want to rest at the bonfire so i decided to whack at that wall with a +14 great axe … nothing happened after several hits and i was forced to rest at a bonfire after all.

and if it weren't for a message in Olacile Township, i never would have equipped a skull lantern to open up a certain secret passage.

so it might still be possible for there to be similar secrets in Dark Souls we don't know about, at least i hope so anyway.
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Maybe I could try using a lantern... But it seems hopeless now.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Doubt it's true given we have maps of the areas, and that 3D downloadable Dark Souls map made from its collision data. They even have the Asylum on it, so I presume any land also potentially not attached would be there too.
    dalsio
    dalsio
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dalsio Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 pm

The secrets may not be limited to secret rooms, which wouldn't show up on a collision map. Besides, if the collision for some secret rooms is constructed in real-time as the player discovers them, then depending on the complexity and source for the collision map, it may also not show up. Additionally, nothing at all prevents From from sneaking new stuff in there in a patch. Not that they would, considering that they're probably on to a new project already, but who knows.
    Raem
    Raem
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Raem Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:43 pm

You have to get over some things. I loved the game and I stayed awake for hours thinking about every possibility when a sudden feeling of discommfort shocked me. I dug too deep into the game and I tthink you all should stop trying to dismantle the game. Or it will loose it's magic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm