Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Raem
JohnnyHarpoon
Gyonimizotetsu
SecYess
ChizFreak
AzureCrow
Nybbles
Rarayn
sinspaw
callipygias
Back Lot Basher
PlasticandRage
Knight Alundil
dalsio
18 posters

Seath's Secret Room

dalsio
    dalsio
    Regular
    Regular

Seath's Secret Room - Page 2 Empty Re: Seath's Secret Room

Post by dalsio Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 pm

To be so afraid of having nothing left to discover as to not try to discover it at all, defeats the purpose of having things to discover.
    Astardbay
    Astardbay
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Astardbay Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Well said, the real magic of this game is the discovery. If we just say "We've found everything" it almost defeats the purpose of the game. This game is unforgiving, but it's unforgiving in a way that it's always you who make the mistake that kills you(or as close to always as humanly possible, lag & such in pvp), same apply to the secrets.

I still believe there are certain doors that only open with certain weapons. The way the designers designed the game kind of leads to this, they wanted to give the player the ultimate challenge. They will always leave clues to these unfound secrets in item text, dialouge, ect, but it's always up to you to piece it together. The magic of this game is the ability to say, there's more to it, & I'm sure even if there's not some huge secret ending or weapon or anything like that, I guarantee there's still a few things people haven't found. & just because it's not on the internet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, not everyone downloads everything they find on youtube or puts it in the wiki.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:08 pm

While i agree that one of the greatest things on this game is its hidden secrets i beleve they are all found. In particular the pendant mystery and hidden walls requiring special wepons etc have been going on for ages without results. I keep playing to try to make sense of the game lore and such although to be honest been playin AC3 BO2 and BL2 not dark souls recently.
    dalsio
    dalsio
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dalsio Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Well, I whacked various places in the wall in the far back of the cave, behind the bonfire using the following:
    1. Fire orb with +15 flame
    2. dragon greatsword +0
    3. Man-Serpent Greatsword +15
    4. Standard Arrow with Composite Bow +15
    5. Crystal Straight Sword +0

No luck as of yet.
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:28 pm

I'll also add to this thread that Havel saw Seath as his mortal enemy or something of the sort. As it can be read in the Great Magic Barrier miracle description:

"Miracle of Bishop Havel the Rock. Cover body in powerful def. magic coating.
    Havel the Rock, an old battlefield compatriot of Lord Gwyn, was the
    sworn enemy of Seath the Scaleless. He despised magic, and made certain
    to devise means of counteraction."

So, if people are still trying for this door, try anything Havel related. Dragon tooth, his shield, his armour, combination of these. I don't know! But I have faith there might be some neat trick we haven't discovered yet. Kings Field had it...

Astardbay
    Astardbay
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Astardbay Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:20 pm

sinspaw wrote:I'll also add to this thread that Havel saw Seath as his mortal enemy or something of the sort. As it can be read in the Great Magic Barrier miracle description:

"Miracle of Bishop Havel the Rock. Cover body in powerful def. magic coating.
    Havel the Rock, an old battlefield compatriot of Lord Gwyn, was the
    sworn enemy of Seath the Scaleless. He despised magic, and made certain
    to devise means of counteraction."

So, if people are still trying for this door, try anything Havel related. Dragon tooth, his shield, his armour, combination of these. I don't know! But I have faith there might be some neat trick we haven't discovered yet. Kings Field had it...

Exactly! If King's Field can have a door that only opens after 200 hits(I believe it was that game, if not some From game had it) way back on the PS1, imagine the kind of stuff they could hide after years of honing their craft of trickery.

People need to stop being such buzz-kills. If you really think there's nothing left to find, great for you, more for the people who haven't given up to find. But is there really a need to post on every thread that is trying to find new secrets saying there isn't any? Just because Miyazaki said the pendant was a prank doesn't mean there isn't stuff left to find, & it doesn't mean you have to impede on our progress. It seems every thread about finding new things in the game has just been an argument about whether there is new things or not. If it keeps happening there definitely will be no progress.

Hell, I remember reading an article where the developers of Arkham City said there was secrets that people hadn't found yet. If there's stuff not yet to be found in that game, I would bet any amount of money that there's still secrets in Dark Souls.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:22 pm

I would bet any amount of money that there's still secrets in Dark Souls.

Willing to pay for my law school and the rest of my undergrad? Cause I got all of havel's stuff and I could try this tonight. We are talking about the place where you first fight Seath correct? I just have to hit the darn place 100 times?
    Astardbay
    Astardbay
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Astardbay Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:53 am

Rudmed wrote:
    I would bet any amount of money that there's still secrets in Dark Souls.

Willing to pay for my law school and the rest of my undergrad? Cause I got all of havel's stuff and I could try this tonight. We are talking about the place where you first fight Seath correct? I just have to hit the darn place 100 times?

I'm not saying this specific rumor, I have my doubts. I'm saying the entire game. Just because that wall won't open after x hits doesn't mean that other doors might not, or other similar things people just haven't found, an item appearing in a place it hasn't before etc.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:09 pm

So thats a no. anyways let samster the skeptic know if you find any hidden secrets.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:47 pm

AzureCrow wrote:

Just like the pendant before it our dreams are fruitless, will I still hit every strange new wall with every weapon I have every single NG? Yes, yes I will. Seath's Secret Room - Page 2 1330857165

Respect. Prostration

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:41 pm