Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Eolan
Wade_Wilson
ublug
skarekrow13
Scirvir
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
About8547Souls
User
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
Ahhotep1
15 posters

Pinwheels room: Najas and Spiral

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Pinwheels room: Najas and Spiral - Page 2 Empty Re: Pinwheels room: Najas and Spiral

Post by User Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Of course; the skeletal giants came from somewhere, and no creature at all fits the skeleton flesh wise. They had to come from somewhere, and the baby skeletons could be the offspring that gow to such beasts.

Not even the sized armed humanoid skeletons in the tomb do not match in any form, except the head of such bodies are similar to that of Ash Lake.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Pinwheels room: Najas and Spiral - Page 2 Empty Re: Pinwheels room: Najas and Spiral

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:48 am

Next time you guys do this please include me. I really dont play dark souls much for the gameplay anymore so secret hunting is my new fav thing
    Sabre120
    Sabre120

Post by Sabre120 Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 am

About8547Souls wrote:I've always wondered how Seath fits in there anyway. There aren't any entrances that are large enough for him to fit through. Aside from that, I think I'll spend some time reading a few of the things I've seen around Lordran. There are some interesting things.

He Pokes his head through the window of the second bonfire in Duke's Archives, the crystal hollows bring him the books.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:35 am

Probably the roof opens up in the massive stairwell prison thing and he drops in.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:40 am

Wasn't Seath given the title of Duke? Perhaps the structure was there before him and only a few areas were remodeled to fit him. Oooorrr........Like Anor Londo the architecture is meant to house two sizes of people and most of the structure is servants' quarters. Anyway, it seems like there'd have to be a system in place where the books (or just the knowledge from them) would have to be brought to Seath as he wouldn't fit in most book areas. Maybe the Channelers aren't just kidnappers. They have fairly unique skills. Looking at the extra eyes on the helms maybe their job description also included each reading a book and channeling the knowledge to Seath (helmet explicitly states their eyes "compensate" for Seath). After all, 60% of Channelers agree......The Library is where the cool kids hang out. Also the three there each take a section of the library and respawn, suggesting that they have a stronger connection there than the two rogue ones on different missions.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 am

The channelers set actually says the channelers read to Seath.
    Helm of the Channelers, sorcerers that serve Seath the
    Scaleless. The six eyes arranged in two vertical columns compensate for
    Seath's lack of sight.

Robe/Gauntlets/Waistcloth- Apparel of the Channelers, sorcerers
    that serve Seath the Scaleless. Even after the onset of Seath's madness,
    the "snatchers," as they were often called, ventured to far lands to
    find suitable human specimens.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:11 am

I edited and added that the head piece says they compensate for his lack of sight. I would interpret that to mean reading is part of the description. I've heard a lot of Braille jokes but at his size he likely wouldn't be able to identify what was written that way either. The only applicable definitions of "channeling" or "to channel" also are:
    channeling- "the practice of professedly entering a meditative or trancelike state in order to convey messages from a spiritual guide"
    to channel- "to convey through or as through a channel: He channeled the information to us"

So the Channelers are a medieval version of audio books that have the ability to move and are creepy, implying a threat to harm or take you away. In other words, the basis for The Channeler has to be....

Spoiler:
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:14 am

When you thikn about the fact the channelers use words for magic your explanation makes sense.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:16 am

I find it strange how such a giant dragon has treasure within a cave. That just attaches itself to the retro ideas of dragons and knights on general.

Strange, how Seath and Gaping are known for their... Harvesting. Of course what they harvest is different due to the dragons being different, their style is similar in many aspects. How peculiar.

The Moonlight Butterfly is a great beast, which only shows itself in the dark moon night of the forest as well as the Caves. Strange, how such beasts use magic that is not blue like sorcery, rather... Green. Green as those of the collectible bloodstains. Interesting how such beautiful creatures can emit light. Perhaps what is even more interesting, is that these moonlight butterflies follow a similar aspect to Sorceries and intelligence dependence. Not for the catalysts themselves (as Ivory and Darkmoon show exceptions and thus not absolute), but rather the knowledge of spells themselves. Even more interesting, is how they also are armed with a crystal armada that, unlike death, they never use. Rather, they just use moonlight magic, not crystals.

Seath is also known to hold such moonlight, probably due to how the beast is made of magic and lacks fire... Fire usually being an aspect of conflict, as we have all seen. Many see death to be evil... I see him to be different: Seath is known to have a lord soul, or at least a shard. Gwyn, despite death being a dragon, took him under his wing. Seath stayed in power even after his departure, and minions of the Dragon have been shown across the world... But not like the Chaos Demons. The Chaos Demons and Seath's minions are never seen in the same place, ever.

Seath also is known for his control of the forest. Whether he controls the Red and Blue drakes or not is debatable, however the influence in the forest as well as parish is certain. The Channelers and the crystal Golems/Butterflies are seen, and they seem to be in areas where other dragon creatures are... As well as Velka's domain.

Interesting, how Boars of black hair protect not only Parish where a Channeler resides (as well as a Black Knight), but also the entrance of the Archives. Even more so, the Archives are known to sport many... Interesting statues.

Even the influence of the Gods and Gaping are seen in the depths... And other areas of the world. Curious, I see such man serpents existing in this world, and show very similar qualities as that of Gaping. As gaping had transformed due to the creature's hunger... I wonder what the beast look like before transformation. It is strong, ms it's head is very much similar to the Man Serpents as well as the scale pattern... Might be a reason why such a beast exists in Lordran, perhaps one beast found ascension in the depths... Perhaps with the help of another Dragon. Six legs is also an attachment to the Cobra men as well, seeing as how they have six arms (which it uses four like them).

Perhaps the most interesting of all of Seath is his... Treasures. He protects Dusk in the forest with or without her consent, and also holds onto a knightess in his fields as well. I wonder what his experiment of the maidens are? As I said before they are similar to that of Gwyndolin... Perhaps he is trying to create a 'special' creature. But that would go into detail with the warlock... And that can wait for later.

As of now, although Nito had attachment to all three primary gods of the sun, Seath seems to focus on one particular goddess. Interesting, how the failed experiments also have a breath similar to the Crossbreed, Velka's prize. Perhaps Seath is looking for a... Replacement for this Goddess.

The question is, is his agenda pure evil? No. Ruthless and Cruel? Like Lautrec. What does he aim for?...

It seems he seeks to obtain something the Gods have... I wonder what that is, hm? Maybe scales are not the only thing he was searching for.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:19 am

Also, I think the theory is that he was so wise and powerful (behind a curtain in an Emerald City maybe) because he dedicated his whole time to reading and experimenting. Did he now? I bet he just did experimenting the whole time. He can read a lot in a thousand years or so I bet. But imagine how much knowledge he could have if a group of Channelers dedicated THEIR lives to reading and sending him the collective knowledge at the same time. Imagine how many books and pieces of information he could go through that way in the same time period, all without never having to stop what he was doing.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:21 am

That is a very good point, and it explain why the bookshelves are shaped as they are, for human sized access. Now a big question (to continue to derail this, srry ahho) what are the channelers? And why are they with Seath?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 am

At last, I prefer to stay behind that curtain. I would like to see the expansion first... For better or worse. That, and I like it when other people grow by themselves. It gives me pride when I see it. All I do is give them a few shards.

But the advice I can give you? You are skewing to far into exterior knowledge, I have found. Forget that, look deeper. Deeper into the interior, and see the many small details, the very small details. Everything was put in every place for a reason, even the beard of Vamos and the Giant's obsession of the crystal ember. Even those of the colour and design speaks wonders.

Stop looking too far into the exterior, see it as idea not fact. Take such ideas from
    From the details of the exterior... keep it as a reminder of what you see. The creator wanted you to find it in your pilgrimage. Knowledge of the outside helps, however he left so many clues already in the inside... You just have to look and see, and the world forms into one unit...

Then secrets show themselves.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:39 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Unlikely; She passes Pinwheel when she goes down (if you don't kill him... them before). She went down to the Tomb of Giants for other means, probably for what the Tomb of Giants holds.
    Pinwheel might not have been there when Reah went down due to the distortion of time thing. I find it hard to imagine how they might have found their way into the tomb if Pinwheel was there. I think he betrayed Nito after Reah was trapped.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Pinwheel is their before Rhea was trapped. Of course, you can be right about time distortion, as the thief Patches still screws them over even if you kill him before Rhea goes.

Of course, seeing Pinwheel as he is, I am sure that if Rhea was on a certain mission, that Pinwheel might have... let her passed. Nito and the Way of White have a good amount of connection, even if some of them is rough. The Two do co-relate, however at times they do not show themselves as... always enemies. The two are the same, in their belief in the flame. Perhaps this relationship is why so many of the Way of White descend into the Catacombs and then the Tomb of Giants.

But time distortion is odd... but perhaps it is best to look at the fact that even though the player can respawn after death, others do not. I am sure that Pinwheel would let them pass, the possibility is their... the Patches, Petrus, and Lautrec incident is a different one all together.

I always wonder, as for what we learn from the dialogues of others... the truth is never spoken as a whole form from one or even the whole of the existing, communicative creatures.
    Loken

Post by Loken Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Is it not possible that in their worlds Patches, the clerics, and Lautrec defeated Pinwheel. Is it possible for other NPC's to have killed bosses before you do? Of course if the clerics did kill Pinwheel and get the Rite, why continue into the tomb of giants?

Going back to the earlier mentioning of naja and snake related imagery, don't forget that the serpent is a symbol of the undead and that Gwyn has snakes on his chest.
    If all the serpent symbolism is related in a single theme, that theme is highly confusing big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:13 pm