Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Jansports
swordiris
Leeroy_Jenkins
WyrmHero
rywhitty222
FruitPunchNinja
ViralEnsign_
techno_viking
kazumoshi
GrEeNgObLiN
Gaxe
RANT
billy_bayonet
CaptanSpudsy
TehInfamousAmos
ROOSTER330
20 posters

PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND

GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND - Page 4 Empty Re: PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:56 pm

I like the fact that all weap/equipment should be base. So leave it to the skills.
    Why ninjas cant use rofap?
    In my opinion samoerai are the stronger choise here?
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND - Page 4 Empty Re: PVP Tournament PS3 -Samurai // Ninja - THIS WEEKEND

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:05 pm

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:I like the fact that all weap/equipment should be base. So leave it to the skills.
    Why ninjas cant use rofap?
    In my opinion samoerai are the stronger choise here?

I thought Samurai had the advantage too, but others dont think so. Sooo just based on a split community about which class is stronger, I think they are pretty even. Or even enough i suppose. I'm sticking with samurai, as i think its better. Others will go ninja as they think its better. Should be relatively balanced. Least thats the idea
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:09 pm

I agree its pretty much as good as its going to get right now. So did we agree that samurai get power within? I'm still not sure if im picking ninja or samurai, i think you guys are underestimating the dwgr i-frames but poise is a good trade off.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Yeah Samurai is allowed power within, I updated the OP some. Its a close call, poise or dwgr, should be interesting at least happy. Might come down to each players fighting style, who utilizes their class the best.
    rywhitty222
    rywhitty222
    Casual
    Casual

Post by rywhitty222 Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:48 pm

OK so i have been watching this forum for a while now, this tourney seems like the perfect opportunity to jump in and show my talent (if i have any) or at least get to know some of you. Seems like lot of fun to test my katana against the best so you can place me on the list for sure big grin

One question i had is if the normal weapons can be upgraded to +5 then what will the chaos blade be restricted to because +5 is the equivalent of a regular +15? Also i know you said you wanted hoods to be a lock for the helm selection but could i opt for big hat instead? Just pretend its a straw hat because its by far my favourite head piece in the game 8)
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:31 pm

rywhitty222 wrote:OK so i have been watching this forum for a while now, this tourney seems like the perfect opportunity to jump in and show my talent (if i have any) or at least get to know some of you. Seems like lot of fun to test my katana against the best so you can place me on the list for sure big grin

One question i had is if the normal weapons can be upgraded to +5 then what will the chaos blade be restricted to because +5 is the equivalent of a regular +15? Also i know you said you wanted hoods to be a lock for the helm selection but could i opt for big hat instead? Just pretend its a straw hat because its by far my favourite head piece in the game 8)

First off, awesome! Ill add you!

We decided to change the upgrade, to no upgrades. So you can make the chaos blade, however do not upgrade it at all. All weapons and armor will be base, this way theres no problems with which weapons/armors are upgraded how high to be even. Only things you cant use are the non-upgradable armors, because their starting stats are too high.

Id like to see hoods, but def not mandatory. As long as you fit the class restrictions on the very first post, your good! Big hat is light armor, so it can be used for either class btw happy. And it actually fits really well as the straw hat thing
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:33 pm

And welcome to the forum!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Gaxe wrote:Sorry but i'm not making another SL120 character legit since i don't use the BB glitch (yet rofl)

Lol if you'd call Billy-Bayonet helping me out with my game then you could say i used a 'bb' glitch

LOL HUGE PUN

yeah i stopped that as soon as i realised it took the fun out of the early game..... but let us never speak of this again.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:38 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:Sorry but i'm not making another SL120 character legit since i don't use the BB glitch (yet rofl)

Lol if you'd call Billy-Bayonet helping me out with my game then you could say i used a 'bb' glitch

LOL HUGE PUN

yeah i stopped that as soon as i realised it took the fun out of the early game..... but let us never speak of this again.

Speak of what? happy
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:40 pm

I feel like such a noob i just learned how to spell cancel ;D
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:43 pm

that which shall/ should not ever be named.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 am

Rooster I love tourneys, however the low SL cap keeps me somewhat away from this one. I might join if it gets enough members though. Can I suggest the use of halberds? The samurai used a pole type weapon called the naginata. Also the samurai used masks with their helmets, which usually had horns (kabuto).
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:57 am

Yup a DLC naginata would be a great addition to something like this
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:33 am

I actually looked long and hard at the halbreds looking for a naginata look alike. Just couldnt find one that i thought fit with the other weapons. Its actually why i included the partizan, for the horizontal attacks that resemble a true pole arm.

And the royal helm is prob the only closest to a true samurai kabuto. Just not enough similar helms to include heavy armor, and it would kill the ninja class lol.

Which on a side note, real ninja were more like spies than assassins or warriors. Sure they assassinated etc, but more or less they avoided real conflict, sticking to sabotage etc. So everything about this tournament is sorta messed up historically happy. Its more of a hollywood made tournament.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:41 am

The scythe is the closest looking one. The SKS also has a pole like sweeping attack.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:08 am

You know the regular scythe is actually a really good point.....might have to add that one.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:21 am

Scythe aka Naginita look alike, has been added to weapon list
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:54 am

Awsome may consider using it then I do so like polearms
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:58 am

ima be a samurai, Just dno what to use Laito or Uchi, i can string combos with the Laito better then uchi but ARGH!!!!!!, SL 25 yes ?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:05 am

http://tinyurl.com/bs85f59 if its 25, this shall be my build happy
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:23 am

Hmmm scythe is in... Also me than. Still thinking samoerai/ninja
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 am

billy_bayonet wrote:http://tinyurl.com/bs85f59 if its 25, this shall be my build happy

I like it! Vit tank, big damage, good build
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 am

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:Hmmm scythe is in... Also me than. Still thinking samoerai/ninja

Well youve got time, being so low Sl, make a practice toon and try both. Thats what Ive been doing
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:35 am

301, damage isnt what itll be doing btw the Build maker doesnt allow for base weapons its all max, so itllbe be around 180 maybe, and im very good at mid rolling these days winking
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:43 am

I mid roll on all but one build of mine too happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:44 am