Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Reaperfan
VinheimProfessor
Serious_Much
mrbeckham87
bloodpixel
Forum Pirate
BLA1NE
SlakeMoth
Soul_Reaver
Tolvo
Rin
User
siegfried78
skarekrow13
ParasiticEve
RANT
LD_Soze
callipygias
FruitPunchNinja
DamageCK
Heroez Blade
25 posters

Why do people complain?

Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why do people complain? Empty Why do people complain?

Post by Heroez Blade Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Why do people complain all the time about unfair advantages or "nooby armor and techniques" while pvp-ing? The way i see it is the game was made as a free for all game and if you have good armor and weapons and you have the stats to use them than you should be able to use them. If people are tired of losing to cheap techniques, like turtling, than why dont they just stop crying and do it themselves, than maybe they would win more. I do however agree that there is too much backstabbing and magic spamming.

Does anybody else agree with me about too much complaining?
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why do people complain? Empty Re: Why do people complain?

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:24 pm

"Complaining is dumb", complains about BS/magic spam.

Largely it's probably just to vent or affirmation.

Last edited by DamageCK on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Seeing as im sure a lot of people see my issues with the dwgr as complaining i will give you my point of view. I agree its kinda stupid to complain about people using certain armors/techniques, even though i do it at times. The problem is your solution is "if you cant beat em join em", not everyone wants to play a bunch of mirror matches where both players have giants/mom/dwgr/spear/weapon of choice. That gets EXTREMELY boring, and is the main reason i will not be playing the game much anymore. Its a problem with the games balancing, not other players. Its very similar but not as extreme in other games, example marvel vs capcom 2/3. You will always see players picking the same teams, because they are clearly easier to use and have great combo/mix ups.Also, i dont play COD but i know theres a gun that pretty much everyone uses .Do you really think a game where people pvp with pretty much the same exact set up sounds fun? Especially when theres so many other cool options that could be used. It can be fun for a little bit, but quickly loses any replay value. I love dark souls, but it has some major balancing issues in both pve and pvp. Thats my 2cents.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:51 pm

I mostly complain about pvp threads outside of the pvp section of the forum. Other than that I'll go with the "vent" thing.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:52 pm

I am not saying the only solution is doing what everybody else does, but that is one way for people to stop complaining. They will have an equal advantage and will not get hurt so easily. for example people with light armor and parrying setup will get hurt easily and most likely complain when they die. If they use better stuff they will have a better chance.
    LD_Soze

Post by LD_Soze Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I really enjoy this forum and all the contributors but I really don't get the "honorable pvp" stuff. I get it for pre arranged duels etc. But when I am running around human it is kill or be killed - I don't care what you do to kill me and I will do whatever I have to do to kill you.

I tried to be honorable and bow and slap mu opponents face with a glove and set a duel time and walk off twenty paces etc etc but all it ever got me is backstabbed. If you invade me and bow I'll kill ya...sry once burned twice shy
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:17 pm

people complain for a reason, it gets really laggy sometimes to the point of beign unbearable to coop, specially if you get invaded.
    ParasiticEve
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParasiticEve Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:30 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Seeing as im sure a lot of people see my issues with the dwgr as complaining i will give you my point of view. I agree its kinda stupid to complain about people using certain armors/techniques, even though i do it at times. The problem is your solution is "if you cant beat em join em", not everyone wants to play a bunch of mirror matches where both players have giants/mom/dwgr/spear/weapon of choice. That gets EXTREMELY boring, and is the main reason i will not be playing the game much anymore. Its a problem with the games balancing, not other players. Its very similar but not as extreme in other games, example marvel vs capcom 2/3. You will always see players picking the same teams, because they are clearly easier to use and have great combo/mix ups.Also, i dont play COD but i know theres a gun that pretty much everyone uses .Do you really think a game where people pvp with pretty much the same exact set up sounds fun? Especially when theres so many other cool options that could be used. It can be fun for a little bit, but quickly loses any replay value. I love dark souls, but it has some major balancing issues in both pve and pvp. Thats my 2cents.

I stopped playing Dark Souls just because it's gotten too boring for me. I tried my hand being a Forest Covenant and it didn't do any help. Are you looking towards other games while not playing Dark Souls as often now?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Im playing Catherine at the moment, ive been stuck on night 5s boss since i got the game near release. This game is hard as *** nails :x. Ive stooped to using a walkthrough, but it barely even helps lol. I feel like such a loser.... I can honestly say this might be the hardest game ive ever played, and im playing on medium. Apparently playing on hard is 10x more difficult, then theres the babel stages which most people say are impossible. I might force my self to 100% this game, just for prides sake. It truly is one of the most difficult games of this generation/ever. Its story and characters are top notch also, so its only appeal is not the difficulty. Off topic much lol.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Good off topic. I've been wanting to hear better reviews of that game. Sounded pretty interesting
    ParasiticEve
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParasiticEve Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:05 pm

You should try Alice Return to Madness if you like Catherine. Im playing Saints The Third and Arkham City... Sorry for off topic.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 pm

ParasiticEve wrote:You should try Alice Return to Madness.
    Still my favorite game visually.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:18 pm

One of my tops ^ for visuals and story line. Gameplay was solid but not spectacular.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:28 pm

I played the Alice game on PC a while ago, they look related im not sure if they are.
    siegfried78
    siegfried78
    Casual
    Casual

Post by siegfried78 Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:34 pm

On the original topic, people complain when they feel exploited by cheap tactics because it makes the game so unbalanced. Someone said this earlier. I wanted to add to that: The only way to improve things would be if the developers were able to patch the game to fix the balance issues. I am not sure if they have that ability but take a game like guild wars one. This game I used to play often and it was patched all the time to fix pvp exploits and cheap farming tactics. While it was very annoying to have things changed all the time, it was also fun to know the game was not going to get old and keep new builds alive. I loved it.

Can a console game like dark souls have extensive patching like this?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:36 pm

I have a + 2 hand axe and a + 10 flame axe, depending who I fight; I usually bite those with + 2 axe
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:38 pm

FruitPunch....they are. The original was Art, etc. from Mr. McGee while the other is not associated with him. Same otherwise though. Buying it on PS3 also gave you a code to download the original.

Original topic,

I'm not opposed to patches to fix things and make them more balanced but I have yet to find a game that's perfect in that regard (and Dark Souls is far closer than most I've played). So a patch could improve things for sure but there's always going to SOME imbalance and the handspring tanks (my new quest is to remove the inaccurate "flip" term) would then likely just become the Turtle Tanks, or the Fog Ring Dragonslayer Bow guys or something else and then that would be the new thing that's overused and boring and get complaints on.
    ParasiticEve
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParasiticEve Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:03 pm

I have no real complaints apart from game related one's like the Bed of Chaos hand sweeps that annoys me. The game seems fine though I wish there were more female oriented clothing like I saw in Demon's. In terms of PVP/PVE I just didn't like during my time as forest cov I would invade and the host would basically already dead.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:10 pm

I actually think a lot of the female versions of armor look a lot cooler, like a lot of the starting sets look different depending on if you pick female/male. As for pve balancing, i dont think many people are going to go out of their way to complain about it. I do think theres things that make pve way too easy, i guess thats not bad cause more people can enjoy the game to the end. I think if they add just a few minor options like choosing whats allowed in arena mode in the DLC will make the game a million times better pvp wise. Also i love that while in the arena theres no colored phantoms, both players appear as if they were hosts(i know thats really minor, but i love how some of my armor combos look as host lol ). The 2vs2 and 4 player deathmatch also have me extremely excited. Those features along with some new items/weapons to throw the meta game for a loop will keep me entertained for a while.

edit: i do miss the dull gold armor, that is one of my favorite armor sets from both the souls games. The helmet is so awesome!
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:20 pm

well the thing is that unless a combo like gaint suits your play style you will never use your full potential... many people use that as it seems smart and highly logical however to be at your best you have to use what suits you... speaking of cod yes guns repeat but the best players are the ones that are original in cod i used hawk's n bknifes and was at top every time.

but to answer your question people complain as it destroys the meaning of drs, this game was designed to be challengin, it was build on the idea of being rewarded by killing something that's bigger and more 'badass'... its pvp is also ment to reward you but gaints,mask,dwgr,spear,spamm,bs combos make the game easyer for its user therefore it is taking the games fun and meaning

Last edited by Rin on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:20 pm

ParasiticEve wrote:I have no real complaints apart from game related one's like the Bed of Chaos hand sweeps that annoys me. The game seems fine though I wish there were more female oriented clothing like I saw in Demon's. In terms of PVP/PVE I just didn't like during my time as forest cov I would invade and the host would basically already dead.

The Bed of Chaos is why people complain, that monster!

At the origanl topic poster guy from the city thingy majiggy, people need to vent. If I hit my foot on a door, I'm going to yell. If someone gives me the middle finger, off hand I'm going to mention to my friends over a couple of drinks, "By the way, you'll never believe what this ******* did to me when I said hi to him!" We like to vent and complain, the world isn't perfect and we like to voice our opinions of it. So eh, you get used to it. People complain, feel free to complain about it though.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:33 pm

oh n hv sum rep Heroez Blade n try to get out of that minus m8
    Soul_Reaver

Post by Soul_Reaver Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:01 pm

I dont like to complain too much. But I can see where a lot of people get frustrated, mainly with the lag and/or backstabs, but this has been said a thousand times before.

As to your 'evening of the odds' not everyone wants to look like a giant paedophile, I sure as hell dont, and I'm sure Im not the only one. I actually refuse to wear any of the heavy armor pieces nowadays. Ive stopped using the ninja ring too, the invincibilty frames are ridiculous. I actually prefer the fast roll.

But anywho, as people have said above, there's just too much of the same in the pvp community as of late. Giant ninja's with ultra great weapons, only going for backstabs, with 2000hp to boot. meh!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:08 pm

The whole point of PvP is to win and, just like in real life, people will do anything to come out on top because, let's face it folks, everybody loves a winner don't they? Well no, from my experience winners are often disliked intensely especially by the losers because winners are often self centred, selfish people who will stoop to anything to be, well, winners. An unpalatable truth I know but nevertheless it's become the way things are, sadly.

Just for the record I don't do PvP so I have no particular axe to grind on this issue.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:33 pm

I got about six or seven hand axes ready to deploy. Want one Slake?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:17 am