Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Reaperfan
VinheimProfessor
Serious_Much
mrbeckham87
bloodpixel
Forum Pirate
BLA1NE
SlakeMoth
Soul_Reaver
Tolvo
Rin
User
siegfried78
skarekrow13
ParasiticEve
RANT
LD_Soze
callipygias
FruitPunchNinja
DamageCK
Heroez Blade
25 posters

Why do people complain?

siegfried78
    siegfried78
    Casual
    Casual

Why do people complain? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do people complain?

Post by siegfried78 Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:46 am

This thread is getting a bit off topic, dare I pun its a "ceaseless discharge" at this point ROFL.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:I got about six or seven hand axes ready to deploy. Want one Slake?

Well actually Acidic I'm pretty well stocked with axes of various kinds but if you have a spare Moonlight Greatsword about your person I'd be happy to take it off your hands.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:02 pm

People complain when the get angry most of the time, or because a mechanic gets screwed up when lag is added in and not compensated for.

I actually get angry at myself when I score a lagstab, cus I know it's such bull ****
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:37 pm

I think some of the complaints stem from systems that weren't quite thought out that well. You see magic spamming in PVP because the magic system is pretty simplistic. Without manual targeting, most magic users have little choice but to spam spells after locking on to their opponent. I find this complaint fairly humorous, since most of my builds are based around magic use - so you might see me playing and think my playstyle is cheap, despite my fairly gimped stats in other areas. Also, there are certain armor and weapon combinations that are quite simply not that good to use, so everyone tends to gravitate towards fairly standardized sets. That's why I like watching cosplay matches so much - you see everything and anything, versus the fairly standard backflipping backstabbing free for alls.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Slake, add me on PSNand I will give the sword to you. I am sure I have a few in stock. May require the use of red soapstone to obtain though.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:43 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:Slake, add me on PSNand I will give the sword to you. I am sure I have a few in stock. May require the use of red soapstone to obtain though.

Ooh, thanks Acidic, that's really nice of you. If I can work out how to do it I will try. I've never done this player trade thing. A +1 for your kindness & generosity even if it doesn't work out. (Oh by the way I hate my PSN id, I don't know what got into me, I just made it up too quickly because I wanted to get playing on the console.)
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:10 am

(Responding to the original topic)

People complain when they are dissatisfied.

People are dissatisfied with so-called "cheap" techniques because they dislike them.

They won't use the technique themselves because they dislike it, and because they dislike it they make it known to the user of said technique that they have perpetrated an ideal of theirs, and they are dissatisfied as a result.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:21 am

i don't want to sound like that "this game is perfect there are no OP items shut up" guy but i have never found a build i could not beat. granted i use DWGR giants armor and WOG but i also use a falchion when possible and i have great fun, the best fights i have had i have lost because i got **** or reckless. these "elite" builds are not fool proof nor should they bee taken as such. magic spamming is horrible 'specily when you get stun-locked by a crystal souls spear but i have more fun in finding a new way around it. the only thing i HATE in this game is the lag and even then it adds a little excitement to the game. oh and getting smashed by 3 guys tanking with Ultra great swords. not fun nor fair.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 am

Well Slake, my user is Acidic_Cook. If we meet sometime today, the sword is yours. Don't need anything really.

Hope it helps you in your journey.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:47 am

Heroez Blade wrote:Why do people complain all the time about unfair advantages or "nooby armor and techniques" while pvp-ing? The way i see it is the game was made as a free for all game and if you have good armor and weapons and you have the stats to use them than you should be able to use them. If people are tired of losing to cheap techniques, like turtling, than why dont they just stop crying and do it themselves, than maybe they would win more. I do however agree that there is too much backstabbing and magic spamming.

Does anybody else agree with me about too much complaining?

Darksonz Blade wrote:Why do people complain all the time about unfair advantages people stating their oppinion or "nooby armor and techniques" "pointless whining" while pvp-ing in the forums? The way i see it is the game forum was made as a free for all game forum and if you have good armor made an account and weapons have your opinions and you have the stats some arguments to use state them than you should be able to use state them. If people are tired of losing listening to cheap techniques people complaining, like turtling e.g. about the game's imbalance, than why dont they just stop crying and do it about all the complainers themselves, than then maybe they it would not win more create such a paradoxon. :roll: (goddammit) I do however agree that there is are too much many backstabbing and magic spamming similar threads/topics. (but that's because everyone wants and has the right to give their 2 cents here, it's a forum)

Does anybody else agree with me about too much complaining ...about people complaining?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:31 pm

You're complaining about people complaining about you complaining about them complaining about you turtling. Its really necessary to create threads like this?
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 am

dont be mean to the OP he could have had some abuse....
    Nymfo

Post by Nymfo Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:08 am

Failure complains, success trains
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:40 am

Success means solving a certain problem. A problem is a thing complained about. I don't like the problem, so I complain about it, and then try to solve it. There is of course a difference between complaining and though not attempting to solve the problem, which makes it kind of pointless (well not really, at least getting approval helps), or complaining in a manner of listing up what is wrong in your opinion and then trying to find a solution. And if there is a solution found, I'm searching for the next problem. That's how life works. And that's also btw why we are enjoying games.

In this case though we can't really do much about the current game mechanics, except we can discuss them and see if our opinions match or not. Aka looking for approval.

And further hope for a patch to fix what is wrong with the game in our eyes. Or not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:26 pm