Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
reim0027
joeclone
Gaxe
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
RANT
RandelOolacile
Tolvo
rand
13 posters

Anor Londo almost made me punch my TV

rand

Anor Londo almost made me punch my TV Empty Anor Londo almost made me punch my TV

Post by rand Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Okay, so maybe not just the level itself, but I haven't thrown a controller down in anger/rage in a long time. Probably since somebody used the Ryu or Ken weak sweep low kick spam trick on me in Street Fighter 2 days, but holy crap.

So the level kinda sucks. Yes those big giant tin cans aren't too bad, but with few bonfires, lotsa walking and hard hitting mobs it does suck.

But here I am, I'm finally at the bosses who I can't kill to save my life. If there was a 500 million dollar reward on their heads I couldn't do it. I died 50 times yesterday (when I started counting). I tried fire/lightining, and magic. I tried Smog first, then last. I tried running a lot, standing and fighting. Light armor and heavy armor, the reality is I just suck bad at this game.

So I decide it's time for some help. I go and farm a bunch of humanity incase I die a few times. Now I can't seem to even GET to the boss without someone invading me and killing me with some insane greatsword buffed with lightning or poison weapon that offs my lvl 65 character in 1 or maybe 2 hits.

So yeah I'm a little peeved.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Anor Londo almost made me punch my TV Empty Re: Anor Londo almost made me punch my TV

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:51 pm

aim sorry to tell you, it gets worse. Bed of Chaos... sad
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Anor Londo almost made me punch my TV Empty Re: Anor Londo almost made me punch my TV

Post by RandelOolacile Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Both Ornstein and Smough are weak to magic this is your best bet. Kill Ornstein first, Smough is cake when he's alone. If you do go for Ornstein second make sure to stay right under him, he only has two attacks that can hit you there and both are easily evaded! big grin
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:55 pm

try a bow or crossbow and stay behind the columns, i know its cheap but it works every time. anot is one of the busiest places because everyone summons help for OnS since theyre tought to take on by yourself.
    rand

Post by rand Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 pm

I really do respect a lot of players in this game because I've tried that whole bow thing and I gotta say I have no idea how someone does that and lives. Ornstein spears the crap outta me every time I try that trick and he does it really fast.

This is my first play through, I kinda started/quit demon souls (loved it just seriously didn't beat it and then Dark Souls came out) so I know the technique this game demands but dang. It just leaves zero room for mistake.
    rand

Post by rand Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm thinking of farming souls just to level up a bit more to have some more hit defense since I get plastered so bad, but if I do continue to attempt to muscle through, should I clear out that bottom room (the two huge knights and the silver knight archer) before summoning someone? I have been sprinting past all that but that was when I solo'd it all.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Na, most players who assist there will know to run past them unless you stop to fight! big grin I could link this vid I made of a low level Ornstein and Smough fight, its displays the strengths of the red tearstone ring and what a maxed magic broadsword could do. Also shows a decent display of dodging!

Edit: Here's the vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwXyGgVU7xw

Last edited by MudoRH on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Coop???
    rand

Post by rand Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:10 pm

I'll try to make a magic sword, not a bad idea. When you said magic I thought you meant fling some spells at them. I'll give that a whirl.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:12 pm

I think Ornstein is weak to fire, and Smough is weak to lightning so you can buy some resins to help too.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:12 pm

rand wrote:I'll try to make a magic sword, not a bad idea. When you said magic I thought you meant fling some spells at them. I'll give that a whirl.

There's an occult club that you can find where you get havels armor that is great against biggie and smalls! big grin
    rand

Post by rand Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Really? That thing is good for something? Isn't that the depraved starter weapon?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 pm

rand wrote:Really? That thing is good for something? Isn't that the depraved starter weapon?

The club is, but the one you find in anor London is upgraded to occult so it does magic damage as well! If you happen to have any white chunks you can take it to the giant blacksmith and make it a bit stronger! big grin
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Dude if you wait at the bonfire in human form you'll see signs. Just summon 1 phantom and he'll help. There's always Solaire too.
    rand

Post by rand Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:25 pm

Really appreciate all the help. I'll head back there tonight for some more punishment... errr for another shot at it. Right now I'm getting a bunch of dung piles to try and make the world a bit more toxic for smog and orn. wish me luck.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:25 am

rand wrote:Really appreciate all the help. I'll head back there tonight for some more punishment... errr for another shot at it. Right now I'm getting a bunch of dung piles to try and make the world a bit more toxic for smog and orn. wish me luck.

There really not that hard...Just make sure you have a decent amount of health some decent armor and a decent weapon. I would also reccomend getting the Dark Wood Grain Ring if you don't have it. It helps a ton for evading. Also make sure you have a ascended weapon.
    joeclone
    joeclone
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by joeclone Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:27 am

uh i did it with the npc phantom and another player. kill tiny first he is easy. after that i just used my bow fat boy is not at all immune to poison so grab some poison arrows and just run and shoot. worked for me. eventually you will poison him then you just have to dodge happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:57 am

Get the occult club and delevel it one level. It'll be Divine (+5?) then. And, that works great for the skellies in the catacombs.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:23 am

My best idea is to run, skip every mob, summon Solaire, use him to kill the 2 giants before the boss, because he can't skip them, then enter fog before anyone invades you. Use Solaire as your main shield, and make him distract Smough while you hit Ornstein. He may die, but he helps a lot. The crystal halberd is great for this fight.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:28 am

Mobility is really the deciding factor in this bossfight. You can stack armor, but you'll be clunking around the whole time and it wont end well. Just separate them using the pillars, go apeshit on O, and once it's just you and S you've got it.
    rand

Post by rand Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 am

Thanks everyone again. Ended up finally getting a summons without being invaded and killed. Offed smalls then Smog. Kinda glad I didn't read too much about what happens AFTER you kill those two. The warping thing is fantastic! If i would have known warping was on the line I would have been WAY more pissed I was dying.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:19 am

Hahaha. That's the great thing about being in the dark on your first playthrough.
    Nymfo

Post by Nymfo Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:11 am

Ornstein and Smough were the hardest boss in the game for me, after that I found was relatively easy bar Gwyn.

Was quite disappointed with how easy the 4 lord souls were
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:13 am

Go to NG+. I thought they were scrubs in NG too. That changes.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

After doing them a lot, they become easier, even solo. You've gotta keep moving. O will follow you quickly. Hit him fast, rotate the camera quick to look for S. Lock on and repeat. If S gets too close, lure O away from him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:12 pm