Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Dragon SL55 Build Help

Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dragon SL55 Build Help Empty Dragon SL55 Build Help

Post by Gaxe Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:30 pm

Ok so I'd like to create a new character and make him path of the dragon, beat the whole game and pvp in the kiln at SL55. Here's what I got so far, tell me what I can do to make it better and what not. http://tinyurl.com/cv9kxn2
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dragon SL55 Build Help Empty Re: Dragon SL55 Build Help

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Ok, ignoring the build completely (yes I did look), you need to ask yourself, "why am I a dragon (for this build)?

If the answer is, because dragons are cool, which is just fine for an answer, then well, go to it!

As far as the build goes, it seems fine enough, there are a few things. I would suggest you reduce your HP to around 12 and increase your END to 40 and use the RoFaP instead of the DWGR. At SL 55, 41 vit isn't extremely helpful, there are still many weapons that will hit faster, perhaps stunning you (even with the Wolf Ring), and can just OHKO you with a backstab, even at that VIT, or at least put you in spot that you need to heal or get hit by just about any fully upgraded weapon and die. It would also increase your bleed resist. Of course with so little HP, bleeding isn't that bad, but any weapon that inflicts bleed/toxic/poison will destroy you very quickly, even at 41 VIT. The Stamina will also be helpful, especially since you will use almost all of it up with this current build.

Of course with so low HP, you'd probably be better off with a different ring than the Wolf Ring. Perhaps Red Tearstone. The Cloranthy Ring is also a good choice. The Wolf Ring would still work so faster weapons couldn't have their way with you, but a counter attack isn't likely to work.

You'd fast roll, have much more Stamina, not care about bleeding (it would kill you faster from just hitting you) and you would have much less HP.

Now that you have these things in mind, I will ask, what do you expect your dragon to do for you? For the purpose that (in my build and in yours) that being naked over dragon has no advantages, and you can't use any armor, otherwise you'll medium roll, then that makes sense. However, this build honestly looks pretty bad all in all. There is no real gain from being a dragon, especially with that Stamina. You can't roar effectively (which is what is best of being a dragon), it will use up a little more than all of your Stamina, your weapon will never hit someone who is staggered, and since it uses up so much Stamina, you will gain no real defense from it. Dragon's breath isn't a reason enough to be a full dragon. In fast this build would be improved even slightly wearing Hollow Soldier's Waistcloth.

So if your answer to my question is, because its cool, go for it, and I suggest you consider what I said, if your answer is, because there is no disadvantages to be Dragon over naked, then I suggest you completely change the build and add armor, add END, use Havel's ring and be happy with medium roll.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:20 pm

build looks good but its a bad time to be a dragon right now, whenever i see one i eithe chain bs or stun lock them to death.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I just would like to be a dragon to try somehting different I already have a dex/faith build and a strength build. I don't have a low level character though and I'd like to try a dragon out since i've never been one. You do have a point witht hat heavy weapon though might switch it to a different weapon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:31 pm