Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Demon Slayer
ICEFANG
Gaxe
befowler
Eolan
reim0027
raecor14
Gazman0169
12 posters

So you can glitch, that's nice for you, but do you really need to be such an arse about it?

ParasiticEve
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

So you can glitch, that's nice for you, but do you really need to be such an arse about it? - Page 2 Empty Re: So you can glitch, that's nice for you, but do you really need to be such an arse about it?

Post by ParasiticEve Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:10 am

Eolan wrote:Tbh i doubt they think much of it, its as much to do with how annoying they are to you and you transferring a persona onto them. I do it all the time....

"What you think your soooo good?"

When in reality they are probably just sitting there blazed and bored slack jawed.

This is a perfect example of what most people that are ganking, glitching, and taunting are doing. I highly doubt any person is actually getting a major sense of worth and dominance like the OP of this thread tried to make it seem like. They killed you using glitches and moved on to the next person they can do it to. Your death in the video game isn't anything special to them im sure and they probably did it to a few other people as well. Not every person that does something you dislike in a video game thinks they're gods gift and king of the video game world. :roll:
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So you can glitch, that's nice for you, but do you really need to be such an arse about it? - Page 2 Empty Re: So you can glitch, that's nice for you, but do you really need to be such an arse about it?

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:52 am

I beg to differ, when a ganker spams the 'What is it?' gesture over and over again, that is a clear indication that they are proud of what they did, simply because they are trying to rub your nose in it. It is therefore not unreasonable for me to suggest that this sense of pride is based on the mistaken belief that what they did involved some degree of skill, as their actions appear to point to this being the case.

Not every person that does something you dislike in a video game thinks they're gods gift and king of the video game world. :roll:

Nobody says they do, but when they go out of their way to rub your noses in it to such an extent I think that's a sure indication that they believe themselves to have done something special, don't you?
    ParasiticEve
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParasiticEve Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:54 am

I can't stop shaking my head at your statement. I've actually seen people do this gesture when they won (not ganking or glitching) and not care a single bit about the game. Like said before not everyone trying to make you feel salty just because they do a silly gesture on a video game. Not everyone takes this game, or any game in this case, that serious to where they actually care about dragging another person down. And to answer your last question, I really don't think pressing two buttons on a controller is really going out the way to rub someones nose in a game, get thicker skin if you really think that sir.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:30 am

So have I, my initial post was not directed towards them. Also, my initial post (and all the others since) should not be seen as an indication that these people are getting under my skin, as nothing could be further from the truth, but is merely intended to highlight the futility of spamming gestures in a manner that comes across as showing off when all you've effectively done is cheat. The fact is people do take this game seriously, and for some winning is everything. I know this to be true, as I personally know quite a number of gamers who easily fit into this category, and am in fact related to two of them. This does not necessary make them poor gamers, but I would say that they do tend to come across as being over-passionate when it comes to the games they play. Finally, whilst the effort involved in spamming a gesture over and over may not be that great, in this context it is still going out of your way to rub your opponents nose in it, which in my mind is rather pointless (the whole point of me starting this thread) when the victory has come about through the act of cheating and through no skill of your own.
    ParasiticEve
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParasiticEve Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:43 am

I still don't see why or how a silly gesture on a video game should make someone feel that way. I personally feel it's silly just as you saying them spamming a gesture is going out the way to rub someones nose in is only your opinion on it.

Just like I said in another thread getting irritated by gestures is silly since when a tennis player wins a match they wave their fist and chant "yeah". Sometimes when they do it they can be a bit overboard. But are they trying to drag their opponent down? No. And the same could be said in this game as well, even if the victory is by cheating. Im in no way supporting them beating you and other players by the glitch. However I do say the gestures can also be their way of celebrating a win. You say it's pointless but at the same time you did say for some winning is everything. So for them they're celebrating their victory, even if it's from cheating. And in fact might not even be thinking about the person they just beat or be trying to rub it in.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:00 am

I agree that getting irritated by gestures is silly, which is why I do not allow myself to be wound up by them, but at the same time I still consider the use of said gestures in this context to be somewhat futile (again the whole point of me starting this thread). It really does not matter what the person carrying them out believes, as at the end of the day I am merely expressing my opinion on the subject.
    ParasiticEve
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParasiticEve Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:I agree that getting irritated by gestures is silly, which is why I do not allow myself to be wound up by them, but at the same time I still consider the use of said gestures in this context to be somewhat futile (again the whole point of me starting this thread). It really does not matter what the person carrying them out believes, as at the end of the day I am merely expressing my opinion on the subject.

I can respect that, my only main issue was primarily how like the other user said "the transferring a persona onto them." I see it so often done when the subject of glitching/cheap playing comes up.
    footsied

Post by footsied Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:53 am

Well I deliberately use gestures in a win to either encourage or discourage behaviour. Bows for noble fights, victory sign when outnumbered, point to the floor against glitchers or even better put the mimic head chest on (you are merely souls to me). I like getting bows when I'm defeated if I think I have given a good account of myself. It becomes better if it is followed up by a message.

In my experience I can't stop gestures affecting me at some level - it is after all the only form of communication in the game and I am only human. However I can 'reframe' these gestures into something else - they must have thought you were a ds god to give such gestures after using cheap tactics to win. Send a pm saying thank you for the compliment and see the reaction you get big grin .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:38 pm